Top 10 American cars made in America

Top 10 American cars made in America

Posted in the Troy Forum

America

Chesterfield, MO

#1 Jul 3, 2012
Wow.. The "Big 3" barely made the top 10.
Cars.com just released their annual list of the “Most American” cars of the year….. and the “Most American” car of the year is ... the Toyota Camry. The Ford F-150 finished second. The index is based on factors like car production in the U.S., domestic part usage, and U.S. sales.

So even though the Camry is a Toyota, the ones we buy in the U.S. are assembled in Kentucky or Indiana. Actually, five of the 10 “Most American” cars of 2012 are either Toyotas or Hondas.

1.Toyota Camry
2.Ford F-150
3.Honda Accord
4.Toyota Sienna
5.Honda Pilot
6.Chevrolet Traverse
7.Toyota Tundra
8.Jeep Liberty
9.GMC Acadia
10.Buick Enclave
Waiting

Wentzville, MO

#2 Jul 3, 2012
America wrote:
Wow.. The "Big 3" barely made the top 10.
Cars.com just released their annual list of the “Most American” cars of the year….. and the “Most American” car of the year is ... the Toyota Camry. The Ford F-150 finished second. The index is based on factors like car production in the U.S., domestic part usage, and U.S. sales.
So even though the Camry is a Toyota, the ones we buy in the U.S. are assembled in Kentucky or Indiana. Actually, five of the 10 “Most American” cars of 2012 are either Toyotas or Hondas.
1.Toyota Camry
2.Ford F-150
3.Honda Accord
4.Toyota Sienna
5.Honda Pilot
6.Chevrolet Traverse
7.Toyota Tundra
8.Jeep Liberty
9.GMC Acadia
10.Buick Enclave
And now we wait for the "Union" followers to show up and rip this list apart informing all how UN-American this is....waiting....
Patriot

United States

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Yes that is correct the Big 3 barely made the top 10, but to clarify that would be Cars.com 's Top 10 list.

A few things to note.

Cars.com doesn't say how they derived their rankings other than to say they use "factors" that also includes sales. Sales as a criteria for DPC%? Ok that will skew the rankings.

If you're looking at DPC% as the single factor only then you'd have several Ford, Chrysler, and GM models above 75%, no ifs, ands, or buts.
America wrote:
Wow.. The "Big 3" barely made the top 10.
Cars.com just released their annual list of the “Most American” cars of the year….. and the “Most American” car of the year is ... the Toyota Camry. The Ford F-150 finished second. The index is based on factors like car production in the U.S., domestic part usage, and U.S. sales.
So even though the Camry is a Toyota, the ones we buy in the U.S. are assembled in Kentucky or Indiana. Actually, five of the 10 “Most American” cars of 2012 are either Toyotas or Hondas.
1.Toyota Camry
2.Ford F-150
3.Honda Accord
4.Toyota Sienna
5.Honda Pilot
6.Chevrolet Traverse
7.Toyota Tundra
8.Jeep Liberty
9.GMC Acadia
10.Buick Enclave
America

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jul 3, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Yes that is correct the Big 3 barely made the top 10, but to clarify that would be Cars.com 's Top 10 list.
A few things to note.
Cars.com doesn't say how they derived their rankings other than to say they use "factors" that also includes sales. Sales as a criteria for DPC%? Ok that will skew the rankings.
If you're looking at DPC% as the single factor only then you'd have several Ford, Chrysler, and GM models above 75%, no ifs, ands, or buts.
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't read the original post at all. What I said was has nothing to do with sales. This is how much of a car was built in America. For instance, Ford has most of its parts built or made in Canada and Mexico. More parts on the Toyota Camry are made in the USA than any other car. Please read next time before you post. This has nothing to do with sales.
Bodine

Shirley, AR

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Bodine makes Toyota parts right in Troy. They are one of the largest employeers in Lincoln County and one of the best community supporters. Thank you Bodine!
LinCo Tard That Cant Read

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 3, 2012
I've seen these stupid lists before and they're meaningless.
LinCo Tard That Cant Read

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jul 3, 2012
America wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't read the original post at all. What I said was has nothing to do with sales. This is how much of a car was built in America. For instance, Ford has most of its parts built or made in Canada and Mexico. More parts on the Toyota Camry are made in the USA than any other car. Please read next time before you post. This has nothing to do with sales.
You're talking about this list right?
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp...

Yeah so ok dips**t from that website here's what they say:
" Cars.com 's American-Made Index rates vehicles built and bought in the U.S. Factors include SALES."

Another retard that can't read from LinCo. You hicks up there in the sticks need to spend a little more time hitting the books instead of the bong.

Here's the REAL list idiot of the Big 3 and their Domestic Parts Content Percentage for 2011. And SALES is NOT part of the equation, nor any other mumbo jumbo crap added to the equation to jack with the numbers:

Ford Explorer 85%
Dodge Dakota 84%
Dodge Avenger 83%
Dodge Grand Caravan 82%
Chrysler 200 81%
Chrysler Town & Country 80%
Dodge Nitro 80%
Jeep Wrangler 79%
Jeep Liberty 78%
Buick Lucerne 76%
Cadillac DTS 76%
Buick Enclave 75%
Chevrolet Colorado 75%
Chevrolet Corvette 75%
Chevrolet Malibu 75%
Chevrolet Traverse 75%
GMC Acadia 75%
GMC Canyon 75%
Jeep Compass 75%
Jeep Patriot 75%
Dodge Caliber 73%
Jeep Grand Cherokee 71%
Ram 1500 70%
Mercury Mariner 70%
Dodge Durango 69%
Cadillac CTS 65%
Cadillac STS 65%
Cadillac Escalade 65%
Chevrolet Suburban 65%
Chevrolet Tahoe 65%
Ford Escape 65%
Ford Mustang 65%
Ford Ranger 65%
Ford Taurus 65%
GMC Yukon 65%
Chevrolet Silverado 61%
GMC Sierra 61%
Ford F-Series 60%
Ford Focus 60%
Buick LaCrosse 57%
Lincoln MKS 55%
Ford Expedition 50%
Lincoln Navigator 50%
Chevrolet Cruze 45%
Chevrolet Volt 40%

And yes dipstick some of these vehicles are no longer in production.
LinCo Tard That Cant Read

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jul 3, 2012
Notice how F-150 drops from Cars.com 's list from #2 down to mid-pack when you look at Domestic Parts Content ONLY and not Cars.com 's fuzzy math.

Also notice how Cars.com ranks Chevy Traverse HIGHER than the GMC Acadia. These two vehicles are the SAME except for some cosmetic differences. What a joke. The Domestic Parts Content Percentage shows 75% on the list I quoted.

Now I wonder who has a more quantifiable list - Me or the one dips**t "America" copied and pasted?
America

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Jul 3, 2012
LinCo Tard That Cant Read wrote:
Now I wonder who has a more quantifiable list - Me or the one dips**t "America" copied and pasted?
LinCo Tard That Cant Read wrote:
I've seen these stupid lists before and they're meaningless.
Well according to you, neither list has any meaning. Nice double standard retard. You tell everyone they are meaningless and then go out of your way to justify how the list is incorrect with numbers that are from a year ago.
America

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jul 3, 2012
LinCo Tard That Cant Read wrote:
Notice how F-150 drops from Cars.com 's list from #2 down to mid-pack when you look at Domestic Parts Content ONLY and not Cars.com 's fuzzy math.
Also notice how Cars.com ranks Chevy Traverse HIGHER than the GMC Acadia. These two vehicles are the SAME except for some cosmetic differences. What a joke. The Domestic Parts Content Percentage shows 75% on the list I quoted.
Now I wonder who has a more quantifiable list - Me or the one dips**t "America" copied and pasted?
In any case, the criteria regarding "American-made" remains conflicted. Cars.com indicated that the "most American" car is the Toyota Camry, a list based on the American Automobile Labeling Act said it's the Toyota Avalon.
Patriot

United States

#11 Jul 3, 2012
America wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't read the original post at all. What I said was has nothing to do with sales. This is how much of a car was built in America. For instance, Ford has most of its parts built or made in Canada and Mexico. More parts on the Toyota Camry are made in the USA than any other car. Please read next time before you post. This has nothing to do with sales.
Actually you have a bit of a comprehension problem along with an inability to articulate.
The source you cited fails to define their criteria for their list other than to say it includes "factors" such as sales. If the intent is to rank vehicles based on their DPC% then Cars.com fails miserably by diluting their ranking criteria with sales figures.
You are quoted as saying, "Wow.. The "Big 3" barely made the top 10." I simply re-affirmed your statement that yes the Big 3 didn't fair well on Cars.com 's list, but what a misleading list they came up with.
Perhaps you could find a list that ranks the DPC% by vehicle or manufacturer and then make a qualified statement. I already know the Big 3 fairs very well on their DPC% compared to non-domestic manufacturers.
Now it is not my job to school you on reading and comprehension, but it is safe to say that you are severly lacking in both. I have not the time nor the desire to instruct you on the criticality of mastering both in order to frame an argument such as you have, so consider this my very last comment on the subject and to you.
e47m3 e60m5

Prague, Czech Republic

#12 Jan 3, 2013
Toyota... :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graft and Corruption 3 hr Guest 12
pam hupp arrested! (Aug '16) 3 hr Guest 67
pam hupp (Aug '14) 12 hr South 109
Horse Boarding & Riding 19 hr Gutless Spur 1
Peoples Bank-Pickets 23 hr Guest 37
County Budget Mon Citizen X 1
Askey subpoenaed the press again!! Sun Fat Jew 22

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages