Eric Hood - School Board Comments ...

Eric Hood - School Board Comments Scare Me

Posted in the Troy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Longtime Resident

Silex, MO

#1 Mar 25, 2010
Meet the Candidates 2010 - Eric Hood March 1, 2010

----------

Check out his answer to Number 4 Sounds like he's selling his position to the employees.

Eric Hood


1. Why are you running for a seat on Lincoln County R-III's Board of Education?

I am an incumbent and want to continue to contribute.





2. Why do you believe you would make a good Board of Education member?

I have served 6 years and feel like I've done a good job.





3. If elected, what are your goals?

Good fiscal management, class size management, academic performance





4. What specific issues or areas are you most interested in or are determined to address if elected?

Balanced budget, improved academic performance, competitive employee packages





5. In your opinion, what are the top three issues facing our schools?

Finances, teacher salaries, classroom student to teacher ratios





6. In your opinion, what are some of the best attributes of R-III schools?

Community involvement, facilities, great teachers

The answers to these questions reflect the candidate's views in their own words.

wow

Shirley, AR

#2 Mar 25, 2010
what a joke, wonder why their buget is so messd up now.
what

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Mar 25, 2010
What is the beef about those answers? Why wouldn't the people in this county want to have teachers that are paid competitively?

Oh and guess what? The school district budget is actually balanced. How many people in this county can say the same thing. The district didn't over spend like all of the people filing for bankruptcy did. The district put the brakes on their budget last year before any other district in the state.

Go back and read the LCJ from last year and you will see that the district cut money last year and was able to save jobs by doing so. They won't be that fortunate this year but the cuts in Lincoln County RIII won't be near as bad as other districts.
Facts

Silex, MO

#4 Mar 25, 2010
The last thing we need on this School Board is an Insurance Agent.

Last year is HISTORY. This year and beyond is what we need to worry about.

Look at the Troy R-III website and see what they have cut. Salaries Not a CHANCE. Increases You've got THAT RIGHT.



All staff members receive a step for year of service $880,223
$500 Base increase to certified scale and equivalent base increases to other scales $477,820
Stipend for all staff members based on years of service $691,400

Reduce one staff member in Finance Office
Relocated to clerical opening at TBHS
Ass’t SPED Director – no replacement
No new bus purchases
Eliminate Summer School Enrichment Program
Eliminate 3 temporary Kindergarten paraprofessionals
Facts

Silex, MO

#6 Mar 25, 2010
March 16, 2010 Meeting

5.06 Budget Update

What is this District thinking??????????

Largest Employer in Lincoln County looks just like the Obama Adminstration
wow

Shirley, AR

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Like i said, look at the budget this year, do we want hin stretching it again for personal gain.
Change

Saint Peters, MO

#8 Mar 25, 2010
We need change, not status quo. Get some new people in there. Enough insurance agents or business men who are only doing it for a popularity contest. Get people who care about education, and at least someone who's wife isn't a teacher!!
toshay

Wentzville, MO

#9 Mar 26, 2010
Change wrote:
We need change, not status quo. Get some new people in there. Enough insurance agents or business men who are only doing it for a popularity contest. Get people who care about education, and at least someone who's wife isn't a teacher!!
You're right, anyone can be an insurance salesman, it's not rocket science. I say out with the old and in with the new. All of us newbies need to say goodbye to the good old boy network and hello to progress!
There are no increases

Columbia, MO

#10 Mar 29, 2010
FACTS.....There have not been any increases in salaries, nor have their been any steps given. I'm not sure where you think you read that, but you are wrong. I think you may have read it incorrectly, those amounts listed are what it would take to give a step, etc.
Troy Fan

Plano, TX

#11 Mar 30, 2010
I'm sure Eric is a fine businessman, but if you look at the board approved minutes he has a tough time getting to the monthly meetings on time. Sometimes he arrives an hour late. If he is too busy with other things, maybe it is time for him to go.
TRUTH

Kennett, MO

#12 Mar 30, 2010
I am glad for the information on his attendence. He just lost my vote!
really

O Fallon, MO

#13 Mar 30, 2010
Do you all realize that these people also have lives??? They aren't getting paid to be at those meetings - they do i becasue they care about our schools. Are you really going to NOT vote for someone because they were late for a meeting?? Eric is a wonderful person who does a lot for our community...
no no no

Shirley, AR

#14 Mar 30, 2010
No no mo
What

Saint Peters, MO

#15 Mar 30, 2010
really wrote:
Do you all realize that these people also have lives??? They aren't getting paid to be at those meetings - they do i becasue they care about our schools. Are you really going to NOT vote for someone because they were late for a meeting?? Eric is a wonderful person who does a lot for our community...
He does it because he likes to have his name out there. It's an ego thing for him. And yes, as his duty to serve, he should be on time. If he can't, then he shouldn't be on the board.
Get A Clue

Wentzville, MO

#16 Mar 30, 2010
What don't you all take this pent up frustration and anger to the meeting next week. Find the Good Ol Boys who REFUSED to allow growth and taxbase into this county. They, and they alone, are responsible for the predicament our schools are now facing.
still here

Defiance, MO

#17 Mar 31, 2010
Troy Fan wrote:
I'm sure Eric is a fine businessman, but if you look at the board approved minutes he has a tough time getting to the monthly meetings on time. Sometimes he arrives an hour late. If he is too busy with other things, maybe it is time for him to go.
Not impressed at all!!!!!!!
On time

O Fallon, IL

#18 Apr 1, 2010
If Hood can't make it to board meetings on time because our kids' educations are not a priority to him, then get someone else in there who is willing to make them the priority they need to be. Otherwise, why are you on the board? As free advertising to advance your own insurance business perhaps?? That's not okay when it comes at the expense of the students and community he is supposed to be representing. What a disappointment.
Lost my Vote

Elsberry, MO

#19 Apr 4, 2010
Hood lost my Vote. Of course I'd never vote for a retired school teach either. We can afford to take a chance they won't pad the Districts pockets.
Board

O Fallon, MO

#20 Jan 9, 2013
Longtime Resident wrote:
Meet the Candidates 2010 - Eric Hood March 1, 2010
----------
Check out his answer to Number 4 Sounds like he's selling his position to the employees.
Eric Hood
1. Why are you running for a seat on Lincoln County R-III's Board of Education?
I am an incumbent and want to continue to contribute.
2. Why do you believe you would make a good Board of Education member?
I have served 6 years and feel like I've done a good job.
3. If elected, what are your goals?
Good fiscal management, class size management, academic performance
4. What specific issues or areas are you most interested in or are determined to address if elected?
Balanced budget, improved academic performance, competitive employee packages
5. In your opinion, what are the top three issues facing our schools?
Finances, teacher salaries, classroom student to teacher ratios
6. In your opinion, what are some of the best attributes of R-III schools?
Community involvement, facilities, great teachers
The answers to these questions reflect the candidate's views in their own words.
Pretty sure hood is back up for election in April. Lets look at his platform from the last election.....

1. Not even a real answer. Just because he's been on the board, he gets to stay?
2. Again, you've served, so u get to stay? Who wrote these answers?
3. Did he achieve these goals? Fiscal management? No. Class sizes down? No. Academic performance? Way down.
4. Specific areas addressed? Budget? No. Academic performance. Wasn't that already one of his answers? It's still a no. Employee packages? Teachers are doing great!! But I'm not a teacher.
5. Top 3 issues? Not even going to address this, he just keeps writing the same answers over and over.
6. Best attributes? He's actually right on these, but it has nothing to do with board management.

Vote wisely.
Get real

Troy, MO

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Board wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote wisely.
You're kidding, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam Hupp gulity 10 hr armpitofmissouri 12
Missing woman 15 hr Capone 2
Is it illegal to have a swimming pool in my yar... (Jun '13) Sat 😉 18
Matt Bass for Commission Fri Harry 30
pam hupp (Aug '14) Jun 24 Captain obvious 83
No more SHINES Jun 24 Captain obvious 2
Price Gnade Ford Closing Jun 24 Grenade 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages