Troy Resident

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

We elected him , he better manage his office!

Attorneys are a dime a dozen. And all of them can be replaced.
Well Said

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Troy Resident wrote:
We elected him , he better manage his office!
Attorneys are a dime a dozen. And all of them can be replaced.
Excellent observations on both points. If he continues to cash his paycheck, he better be doing a good job for us. Also, there are more lawyers running around out there than we need.
Fly on the wall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Judged:

court mouse wrote:
I understand the comment about having experience. However, holding a job doesn't necessarily make you suited or even good at it. I sat on a jury trial, and believe a guilty person walked free, for the fact of overwhelming unpreparedness and poor execution of facts on the PA's part in presenting any kind of case to us for a guilty plea. It was like a walk in the park to the defense attorney. Watching many of his performances through the years has given me the feeling that this is as good as he'll ever be at this job, mediocre, in my opinion.
I believe the lack of experience as some worry about on here may or may not be a mountain to overcome. If the person is smart and dedicated to the job, the lack of experience will be overcome rapidly. Every working person started out with the "no experience" sign on them, some turn out poor, some average, and some take off to become outstanding in their field. My individual feelings of the present PA, with all due respect to him and the office he holds, is thanks for your effort, but it's time for you to move on. I know that position comes with hard, unrelenting work, the citizens expect a 100% win record, which will never happen for any PA, and good luck to anyone who steps into those shoes. If he remains in office, so be it by the citizens and I hope his performances will improve.
This post, of course, is only one citizen's opinion of another's job performance.
I think you need to understand something-obviously you do not understand the justice system.
Fly on the wall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Judged:

I think the present PA is a man of integrity, value, and commitment. I have known him for several years and he is one of the most honest men I have ever met! I attend church with him and he loves this county and the people that reside within. I have spoken to him about the possibility of someone running against him. He told me that if the people of Lincoln County think someone else should run the Prosecutor's Office then that's ok too! He is by no means a selfish man!
Go Cards

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Judged:

Is this the same PA who refused to prosecute the guy waving a gun around the TBHS parking lot a couple years ago just because the guy had a concealed carry license? Last time I checked, nobody other than a law enforcement official can carry a weapon onto a school property. I'll be voting for Askey, who hopefully knows that federal law (Safe Schools Act) trumps state law (Missouri concealed carry).
The you should know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

"Go Cards" that the local PA does not prosecute Federal crimes, where was it you went to law school again. That would be your local Federal court system. Some of you should know something about how the system works before voting for anything. Sheeesh, and people wonder why we end up with people like our county board members.
church mouse

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

Judged:

Fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text>I think you need to understand something-obviously you do not understand the justice system.
LOL yes, I believe I do. I stated my opinion that I believe he does a mediocre performance at his job, that's all. I never attacked his character as a human being or member of the community in any way, so why did you reply to my post with such a condescending remark as that?
You vote on the basis of what's important to you, which appears from your above post to be different criteria than mine. I'll vote on their record of performance if they've already held the office. That's what's important to me. If I vote for someone else and they turn out to be worse, I have no problem voting against that person the next time around. That's what elections are for, to get the best possible person into office.
I for the life of me don't understand why people on this forum think that because they are invisible behind the screen it gives them the right to be so hateful and obnoxious to others when opinions differ from theirs. Have a nice weekend everyone.
Go Cards

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

The you should know wrote:
"Go Cards" that the local PA does not prosecute Federal crimes, where was it you went to law school again. That would be your local Federal court system. Some of you should know something about how the system works before voting for anything. Sheeesh, and people wonder why we end up with people like our county board members.
It would be his job to pass information onto federal prosecutors, but instead he ran to the newspapers and ran his mouth of about the concealed carry law the first chance he got. He should have talked to the feds first before he decided just to drop the case. Ergo, he did not do his job.
Go Cards

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

Judged:

On another note, there's something wrong with Missouri when under state law a gun toter can carry a weapon onto a school campus and face no repercussions.
oh my

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

maybe you should ask his ex-wife that he cheated on if she agrees with you.
Fly on the wall wrote:
I think the present PA is a man of integrity, value, and commitment. I have known him for several years and he is one of the most honest men I have ever met! I attend church with him and he loves this county and the people that reside within. I have spoken to him about the possibility of someone running against him. He told me that if the people of Lincoln County think someone else should run the Prosecutor's Office then that's ok too! He is by no means a selfish man!
LC RES

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

I agree that very few things in life are perfect. The P.A s office has done a good job for L.C ,Richards requested to be dismissed from the Forler case for many good reasons. Mainly because he didnt want to show any bias towards the case.Look at the piss poor job the named P.A did,Forler walked. That was a shame.Forler should have been sent to prison for many years for what he did.As far as Ed Schieffer State Rep ,people really need to look at his voting record,attendance,and perserverance he puts forward towards his office. As a businessman who spends quite a bit of time at our capitol building I respect the way Rep Shieffer represents L.C. I have been told on several occasions by his fellow State Reps in Jeff City that Schieffer was the hardest working state rep in Missouri.He truly cares for Lincoln county and has done a great job. There are some political changes that need to be made in L.C and the state ,just look close at who we want to keep and who needs to be replaced.
Bulll Crap

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

"LC RES", the only reason Foler was charged is because it was political. It is amazing the case went through ever assistant AG before the last one was made to charge the case. Hmmmm, let's see the only AG that prosecutes suspects who kill's a state troopers ends up prosecuting another cop? Any other county, other then this backwards county, Forler would have never been charged!!!!
Plus he was tried by 12 of his peers and was found not guilty, which was the correct verdict. Quit blaming Forler and start blaming the driver of the vehicle Tyler Teasly. He is responsible for the action of Forler. Just ask Brown's family, after the trial they appoligized to the Sheriff's Department officials and Forler for the slander they put out there, because it was evident who was at fault. MOVE ON
LC RES

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Oh I see it is responsible to shoot thru a back window of a truck on a misdeamenor charge.No one has that right.Every one has their thoughts this is mine. Two young men died over really a small infraction.
fed up

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Back to the issue. Leah Askey running for the PA's position. No matter what you think, remember, this forum is opinions, and nothing stops ANYONE from making a post. Who is to say that the posts praising Richards, isn't Richards himself. When election time comes, hopefully both sides will have numbers to show the voters what is and what ISN'T happening. I wouldn't put much into the positive posts regarding Richards. Let the numbers speak for themselves as to convictions, jury trial wins, dismissals, and why there are certain tickets not even filed.
TMJ

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Give me a break-hope LC residents look at the whole picture, not the rumors, and place a vote on the best canidate. Experience isn't everyone, but it does help. I wouldn't want the job as a P.A. in this ever-expanding county. Can't stand the bs rumors.
lol fed up

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Judged:

Thats funny, you think people should be able to post their thoughts...however you then question the positive comments for Richards. Very nice of you. How we do know that someone is not just posting negatives to help someone run against him. Maybe you are related to Askey? Dont be so dumb as to turn the corner and try to act like no on likes our current PA and its only him typing on Topix. Please...grow up, not everyone agrees with you.
Fly on the wall

Monroe Center, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Judged:

lol fed up wrote:
Thats funny, you think people should be able to post their thoughts...however you then question the positive comments for Richards. Very nice of you. How we do know that someone is not just posting negatives to help someone run against him. Maybe you are related to Askey? Dont be so dumb as to turn the corner and try to act like no on likes our current PA and its only him typing on Topix. Please...grow up, not everyone agrees with you.
I think our current PA has better things to do then write about himself. You are funny! Keep the posts coming, they are quite amusing. I am retired and look forward to your daily humor.
lol fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

My remarks about the negative attack on the pro comments on Richards got a Nuts and Clueless and Fly got a Clueless and Spam? Looks like Fed Up got a little mad, lol. Get over yourself buddy, sorry not everyone jumped on your bandwagon.
Guest2

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

I went to school with Leah...she's not that bright.
Amy

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

Guest2 wrote:
I went to school with Leah...she's not that bright.
I too went to school with Leah and it takes a bright person to maintain a family, work and go thru Law School. She has acomplished great things and has the ability to do much more for Lincoln County.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Troy Discussions

Search the Troy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,141
mike wood asst pa 8 hr Curious 2
leah askey 9 hr where are your balls 1
Kroger What is Up with this store (May '12) 9 hr bump for a dump 28
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 9 hr dear guest 18,909
Phytoceramides Review Answers Consumers' Questi... 10 hr my answer 1
julies pub 14 hr someone 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Troy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE