Budget Cuts Affect Snow Removal Progress

Budget Cuts Affect Snow Removal Progress

There are 1 comment on the MyFoxDetroit story from Feb 22, 2011, titled Budget Cuts Affect Snow Removal Progress. In it, MyFoxDetroit reports that:

The snow storm may have happened on Sunday, but in some areas the roads are still a mess days later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxDetroit.

Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Feb 23, 2011
Poor management of resources plays a part too. Wayne County was plowing out the back park roads and rest areas of Hines park first and left Hines Drive unplowed. This is typical of county work.

PS. I remember one time when they put a new fangled road gate in at a park entrance. It was cemented into the ground. Then 50 feet away they cleared a space and put in a cement pad. Over weeks they delivered wood, shingles and other building material. That sat for two months. What was not stolen they came and took away. Then they chained up the nice new gate and yanked it from the ground. It still sits there next to the metal stakes and chain they replaced it with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For Mystery Shoppers! Nov 20 Joseph McArdle 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Troy Nov 20 ghillybean 13
Are Utica Police, Shelby Township Police and Ju... (Sep '08) Nov 16 annonomous 28
News pulte homes (Sep '11) Oct 28 PULTE Bench Stench 18
Review: Village Square Co-Operative (Feb '09) Oct 27 Singledance 32
News Ex-Catholic teacher pleads guilty to sex with s... (May '15) Oct '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 31
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit Jun '17 you hate the truth 3

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages