Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian moms address Troy, MI mayor Janice Daniels

There are 13 comments on the www.straight.com story from Dec 13, 2011, titled Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian moms address Troy, MI mayor Janice Daniels. In it, www.straight.com reports that:

If you've ever wondered how to go about confronting a homophobe-or anyone who discriminates, for that matter-this is probably one of the best examples you can learn from.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.straight.com.

Since: Jan 10

Pickerington, OH

#1 Dec 13, 2011
Bravo to Amy Weber and her wife Tina!!!!!

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#2 Dec 13, 2011
This dope should be thrown out of office by whatever legal means possible.
Perry s Brainless Freeze

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Dec 13, 2011
There's no one correct way. Bomb throwers (in the verbal sense) are nice once in awhile, too.

After all, these are sexually disordered evilgelicals we're talking about; compassion and reason aren't really going to influence their sort.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#4 Dec 14, 2011
What a great statement was made by her wonderful presentation. Those present and anyone viewing the video cannot help but be moved by her generous nature and her loving heart. BRAVO!!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 14, 2011
The values and ideology implied by the gay rights movement is corruptive and destructive to the best interests and highest ideals of any society.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 Dec 14, 2011
Perry s Brainless Freeze wrote:
There's no one correct way. Bomb throwers (in the verbal sense) are nice once in awhile, too.
There's always just one correct way, it's just a matter of figuring out which it is in the present circumstances. Amy Weber proved herself to be a far better bomb-thrower than all of the tirades that have been launched against the completely clueless Mayor Janice. The screaming and yelling at this bigoted fool has netted nothing more than more blithering, but here someone walks right up to her and politely napalms the b*tch. Whether or not the less than Honorable Mayor gets it now is up to her, our point has been made, thank you Amy Weber.
Perry s Brainless Freeze wrote:
After all, these are sexually disordered evilgelicals we're talking about; compassion and reason aren't really going to influence their sort.
I guess you haven't caught on that referring to your "them" as "evilgelicals" doesn't exactly speak highly to your own ability to have compassion or engage in reason. While we may not have many true friends among those who identify as Evangelical, they are not all our enemy. Acceptance of those who happen to be Lesbian and Gay and Evangelical Christian beliefs are not mutually exclusive concepts. True, most have not seen that light and most of those can be downright nasty for having not seen it, but you're not seeing the forest for all the trees you keep looking at.

this one

#7 Dec 14, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
The values and ideology implied by the gay rights movement is corruptive and destructive to the best interests and highest ideals of any society.
So, in what passes for your mind, as influenced by your choice of religious beliefs and whatever other mind altering influences at work in Charlie's world, family, love, acceptance, providing a strong, stable environment for your children and personal faith are values "corruptive" and "destructive" to society. You picked the wrong story to be close-minded but open mouthed about. You really should have watched the video on the link first, this young woman, a wife and mother, makes a complete fool of those of you who choose to hate even before you showed up.
Brian Brown s Secret Vice

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Dec 14, 2011
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you haven't caught on that referring to your "them" as "evilgelicals" doesn't exactly speak highly to your own ability to have compassion or engage in reason.
You're correct I have no or no compassion for evilgelicals. You are incorrect that they are subject to reason.

But what do evilgelicals or xtain mullah filth or xstain fundie talibangelicals have to do with Christians?

Do you think we should have compassion for and reason with KKK members?

People who say there's only one correct tactic are simply wrong. There's confrontation, there's civil disobedience, there's self defense, there's electoral politics, there's appearing to be a reasonable advocate on "Ellen," there's wielding mockery on Bill Maher's program.

I find you unsophisticated...but there's a place for that, too, since there's no one right way....

this one

#9 Dec 15, 2011
Brian Brown s Secret Vice wrote:
You're correct I have no or no compassion for evilgelicals.
I guess you're not going to catch on just how hollow that makes your bitching about THEIR lack of compassion, are you?
Brian wrote:
You are incorrect that they are subject to reason.
And rational follows compassion on its trip to your local sewage treatment plant.
Brian wrote:
But what do evilgelicals or xtain mullah filth or xstain fundie talibangelicals have to do with Christians?
If your ambition in life was to live down to their worst stereotype of US, congratulations, you made it.
B wrote:
Do you think we should have compassion for and reason with KKK members?
We should have compassion for even the worst among us and find reason where ever possible.
B wrote:
People who say there's only one correct tactic are simply wrong....
The certitude that there is no such thing as certitude. If that didn't hurt to think, it should have. Besides, I didn't say there is just one correct way, I said there is a correct way, it's just a matter of being able to find it.[QUOTE who"B"]
I find you unsophisticated...but there's a place for that, too, since there's no one right way....[/QUOTE]I find your inability to engage in rational discussion and dogmatic approach to be more harmful to our cause than you apparently do. There's a place for even clowns at this table, so keep doing what you're doing if you want, but from here on out, I'm going back to not paying attention to anything you have to say.
David M s Ex Wife

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Dec 15, 2011
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I guess you're not going to catch on just how hollow that makes your bitching about THEIR lack of compassion, are you?
There's that kookiness again.

I never beat up an xstain mullah on the street or said they can't marry, adopt, serve openly or be protected from discrimination.

Again, you can go shower the KKK with your compassion, because, as I stated, and it's terribly obvious, there's always more than one approach in trying to effect change.

But aren't you all sweetness and light?(Always a warning sign - those denying people never wind up being actually what they claim.)
Brians Brown Sause

Troy, MI

#11 Aug 26, 2014
Do you think we should have compassion for and reason with the XXX industry?
Tam Phat

Miami, FL

#12 Aug 28, 2014
Isn't that like an Oxymoron?
Lesbian/Mom?
AJM

Troy, MI

#13 Sep 2, 2014
My dad is a lesbian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Catholic teacher pleads guilty to sex with s... 2 hr Parden Pard 4
News Troy Times looks back on 31 years May 12 CITYOFTROYMICHIGAN 1
Gay sex in Solihull May 9 Jake brummy 1
Review: Baghdad Restaurant (Jul '14) May 8 Cat Stevens 4
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Apr 27 Les Habitants 138
News Police investigating case of 28-year-old woman ... (Apr '11) Apr 23 Friend of Angies 155
News Struggling Aco to rejoin Ace Hardware group (Jan '14) Apr '15 John Silly 2
More from around the web

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]