Millage on Aug. ballot would keep Tro...

Millage on Aug. ballot would keep Troy library open

There are 1 comment on the Detroit News story from May 18, 2011, titled Millage on Aug. ballot would keep Troy library open. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Troy voters will get an opportunity this summer to keep the city's library open - at a cost.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Ron Lambert

Troy, MI

#1 May 18, 2011
The cost is only .7 mil per household. That is less than the amount sought back in November. Apparently the entire amount raised will be dedicated exclusively to operating the Library. Letting the Library close would amount to killing the city. Property values would drop. Who would want to move into a large city with no public library? The Troy Public Library is one of the highest rated in the country, and is rated second highest in the state. Every time I visit the library, the parking lots are full or nearly full. We must not throw this valuable resource away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Mount Clemens teacher charged with sex w... Sun Hfgnn 1
Becky Johnson is a FAT whackjob Sat Reality Check 1
News Resident launches petition for Seven Mile - dow... Jun 25 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Jun 21 Wacky Iraqi 140
Review: Village Square Co-Operative (Feb '09) Jun 20 Anonymous 21
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Jun 19 Anthony jr 69
Review: DR. ANU Mangal, D.d.s. -Wyngate Dental ... Jun 11 mittal16985 1
More from around the web

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages