The Football Knights Look Like Crap

The Football Knights Look Like Crap

Posted in the Troy Forum

Concerned Parent

Maryville, IL

#1 Sep 7, 2012
As a parent of a future Knight, I'm very concerned Triad will not win another MVC Championship this year while the Bulldogs will have an undefeated season. I'm afraid the Knights won't finish better than 4-5

Should I be?
Concerned Parent

Maryville, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2012
Highland beat Mattoon last night, something which Triad failed to do. Basler, was inteviewed at the beginning of the season and he boasted Triad had a smash mouth defense. What a joke that turned out to be as Triads defense is giving up over 25 per game! I'm very concerned Triad will not beat Mount Vernon this afternoon.

Should I be?
Life

Farmington, MO

#3 Sep 13, 2012
You should probably stop worrying so much about high school football, the chances that your "future knight" is going to go anywhere with football is not very likely..oh and it says you're in Highland....not sure how that works?
Spy Dawg

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2012
This is the same idiot that post on the Highland site that he is worried about the Bulldogs. Just some JD who has nothing better to do than try to stir up some crap.
Cocerned Parent

Maryville, IL

#5 Sep 17, 2012
I'm very concerned about the Knights performance this year. Basler needs to reinvent his offense.

My advice would be to get rid of the Quarterback and have four running backs. Put Medved under center and have the offense line up in the Power I, this way the Tight end could be used as a Running Back. Use the Wide Receivers in blocking schemes and check downs. Cain scored the most points last year for Triad and I believe Medved could score more than that if Basler takes my advice. The Knights Defense totally blows. Make them Blitz every play!

I'm concerned if Basler doesn't make the necessary changes, Triad will find themselves in MVC Hell.

Should I be?
StJ resident

Alton, IL

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Concerned Parent,
Yes you should be concerned......but more about your IQ than the Triad Knights future.

Even if we are the biggest school in the conference by far, we can't win every year.

Basketball season will be better for us.
play ball

Saint Peters, MO

#7 Oct 4, 2012
I've seen about 20 Triad games in the last 6-7 years. I don't know why they keep the coach, Basler. He needs to go and the sooner the better for the program. I don't have kids on the team nor will I ever. I am from Edwardsville, but my nephews both played ball there. I do not have a personal problem with Basler. Both nephews were starters and treated well. However, They had the most unimaginative, boring, worthless play calling I have ever seen at the High School level. I see them time and time again run the ball into the same hole that doesn't exist. Call some new plays!Mix the calls up a bit! Its so predictable my 12 year old was calling the plays before they snapped the ball and he was right about 75% of the time. It doesn't take a defensive genius to to play against this guys' team.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 5, 2012
I go to several games a year and it is partially play calling but also the kids effort. It seems like they expect it to be easy. And when they get behind, they don't put forth the same effort. Parents are always critical to place blame on coaches yet no responsibility on their child. If parents are not happy and have some experience or knowledge of football to offer they should volunteer their time. For the school, community, and players sake. They are not recruiting players like some schools do. And I'm sure if you ask the players after they graduate, it wasn't their record but the experience and fun they had playing. And no my children do not go to edwardsville.
play ball

Saint Peters, MO

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Your right about the effort. They do seem to quit on themselves and I dont see them going 100% on every play especially when they get behind. I still attribute this to attitude which is a reflection of the environment the coaching staff is responsible for creating. My kids don't play football so I am not a football parent. I love to watch the game though and my sis's kids played.
Knight4Life

Maryville, IL

#10 Oct 12, 2012
play ball wrote:
I've seen about 20 Triad games in the last 6-7 years. I don't know why they keep the coach, Basler. He needs to go and the sooner the better for the program. I don't have kids on the team nor will I ever. I am from Edwardsville, but my nephews both played ball there. I do not have a personal problem with Basler. Both nephews were starters and treated well. However, They had the most unimaginative, boring, worthless play calling I have ever seen at the High School level. I see them time and time again run the ball into the same hole that doesn't exist. Call some new plays!Mix the calls up a bit! Its so predictable my 12 year old was calling the plays before they snapped the ball and he was right about 75% of the time. It doesn't take a defensive genius to to play against this guys' team.
The problem with the Knights cannot be attributed to Paul Bassler. All they need is a brilliant Offensive Coordinator like they had in Ric Johns.
Durbin Shimkus

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Oct 13, 2012
Knight4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the Knights cannot be attributed to Paul Bassler. All they need is a brilliant Offensive Coordinator like they had in Ric Johns.
Sorry, I don't know who he,Rick Johns, is. I just assumed Bassler was the head coach and responsible for the lousy play calling. I really did not know the Head coach's name before this thread. I'v just seen so many horrible game plans, poor play calling, and execution.
really

Caseyville, IL

#12 Oct 13, 2012
Get a REAL life people! For fawks sake! This thread is about high school football? If you really care about high school football, put a gun in your mouth. You are pathetic!
DMS

Saint Peters, MO

#13 Oct 15, 2012
really wrote:
Get a REAL life people! For fawks sake! This thread is about high school football? If you really care about high school football, put a gun in your mouth. You are pathetic!
Hey, I know, Why don't you go F@&K yourself!
Bulldog

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Apr 22, 2014
Highland Bulldogs will win the conference for the next several years. Watch and see. I know I will and will love every minute of it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone seen Amy Mattingly around Troy, High... (Jul '15) 4 hr David Mantego 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 14 hr OldManBenny 72
Povis Sun Poor Poor Tranny 1
who remembers? (Dec '08) Jul 24 leslie 128
News Fairview Heights doctor's license indefinitely ... (Feb '08) Jul 22 D Malone 4
berhel school Jul 21 leslie 1
bethel school Jul 18 leslie 1

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages