Three Killed In Explosion At Wis. Pap...

Three Killed In Explosion At Wis. Paper Mill

There are 4 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Three Killed In Explosion At Wis. Paper Mill. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A storage tank explosion at a northern Wisconsin paper mill Tuesday killed three workers, the company that owns the mill said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

kpiamgodschild

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 30, 2008
My prayers are with the family
Just My Opinion

Batavia, IL

#3 Jul 30, 2008
my deepest sympathies and prayers to all the families and friends of the victims here. May God give you peace and comfort during your time of grief.
I LIVE THERE

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2008
I live in Tomahawk, but I'm not that close to the mill. My BEST FRIEND lives a couple miles from it. :-(
Brenda

Lees Summit, MO

#5 Aug 5, 2008
After reading this article, I wonder what is next!

The Tomahawk paper mill where an explosion killed three workers was cited for safety violations three times in the past ten years.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Web site shows the violations at the Packaging Corporation of America's Tomahawk plant occurred in 2006 and 2007. An online review dating back to 1998 turned up no other infractions.

The most recent violation was last year, when it was cited but not fined for failing to keep an aisle cleared. The company was cited twice two years ago and paid $887 to settle allegations that machines lacked proper safety guards. OSHA also cited the company's plants in Burlington and Colby in 2001 for safety violations.

I got this info from googling "osha gave warning to tomahawk mill"

May God bless the families that lost their loved ones in this terrible accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tripoli Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What A JOKE (Jan '11) Dec '16 Nancy 5
old friends and family (Nov '08) Jun '16 Dr Gerald Demal 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Jun '12 A T ind 31
Election Who do you support for State Assembly in Wiscon... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Betsy 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 samantha 9
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Free_America 5
Election Who do you support for State Assembly in Wiscon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Jason 9

Tripoli Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tripoli Mortgages