Next Last
Not Texian

Fairfield, TX

#1 Feb 14, 2010
anY one know wahts going on out there?
trinity_ite

Franklin, TX

#2 Feb 14, 2010
I heard that Mike Baker, an employee at Brookshire's, shot his mother and stepdad. The mother is confirmed dead, not sure about the stepdad. This supposedly happened on 94 in Glendale this afternoon. I saw many police cars heading that way, even from Polk County. I hear a SWAT team was called in. Not sure about any of it. Mike is a checker at BB in Trinity. Always seems nice and polite and friendly to me whenever I go through his line.
Nosetta

Marquez, TX

#3 Feb 14, 2010
There is a short story on KTRE.com

Since: Oct 07

Fairfield, TX

#4 Feb 14, 2010
our prayers go out to the families of the victims.
Boudreaux

Fairfield, TX

#5 Feb 14, 2010
Wasn't he the really big guy that just moved back from Vegas? I only hope they are not left to live in pain or suffering from this horrible incident. May God be with you!
Wildcat

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2010
I heard that he got PRed out of jail already.
Boudreaux

Fairfield, TX

#7 Feb 15, 2010
I highly doubt it
McFly

Grapeland, TX

#8 Feb 15, 2010
you have got to be kidding me...i cannot believe that they have released this psycho in our community..or maybe i can considering who would be over the PRing in this precinct...sheesh!!
Emily

Blooming Grove, TX

#9 Feb 15, 2010
Boudreaux wrote:
Wasn't he the really big guy that just moved back from Vegas? I only hope they are not left to live in pain or suffering from this horrible incident. May God be with you!
no he wasn't! he had Grey hair with glasses
bigdogdriver

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Feb 15, 2010
I have been hearing bits and pieces I'm trying to get clarification on.
I heard there was a younger boy that was held hostage but not injured. Is that true? I was also told that the woman who was shot was named Joyce and a member of the local VFW. Is that true? If so, what is her last name? What an awful tragedy
Boudreaux

Fairfield, TX

#11 Feb 15, 2010
Trinity Co. man in custody after Valentine's Day shootings
Updated: Feb 14, 2010 10:01 PM CST
Video Gallery

Trinity Co. man in custody after Valentine's Day shootings
0:47

Parts of Highway 94 between Trinity and Glendale were blocked for more than six hours Sunday. TRINITY CO, TX (KTRE) Trinity County sheriff's investigators are questioning 47-year-old Michael Baker after finding both his mother and father shot in the head and him barricaded in the family's home this afternoon.

According to Angelina County Sheriff's deputy Lt. Bryan Holley, who was at the scene, Baker allegedly shot his mother and held her hostage for several hours and then turned the gun on his father when he arrived home.

Investigators say the parents, whose names are not being released at this time, are hospitalized at undisclosed facilities. Both are said to be in critical conditions. Each with a gunshot wound to the head.

Investigators say the incident occurred at the family's residence, which is located off Hwy 94 west between Glendale and Trinity, about one half mile from FM 3188. The road was barricaded for over six hours with limited traffic allowed in and out.

When first responders arrived, they are said to have found the woman wounded on the front porch of the home, once her son allegedly released her as a hostage.

Investigators are trying to figure out exactly what happened. They say early indications are Baker got into a conflict with his parents which escalated. The shooting happened around 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Officers from Polk, Walker and Angelina counties, as well as, Trinity police, were at the scene and assisted the Trinity County Sheriff's department.

We will have continuous coverage of this story, here at KTRE.com and on KTRE's East Texas News, as new information becomes available.

2010 KTRE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Boudreaux

Fairfield, TX

#12 Feb 15, 2010
Glendale man to be charged with murder after mom dies
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 11:38 AM CST
Updated: Feb 15, 2010 12:25 PM CST
By Jena Johnson - email

GLENDALE, TX (KTRE)- A Glendale man who was arrested Sunday night, after law enforcement say he shot his mother and step-father, will be charged with murder after his mother died Monday morning, according to the Trinity County sheriff.

Joyce Baker Stewart, 67, died shortly before 11 a.m. at Hermann Medical Center in Houston from a gunshot wound.

Sheriff Ralph Montemayor Sr. said Michael Baker, 47, admitted to law enforcement that he shot his mother following an argument. He then admitted to also shooting his stepfather, H.F. Stewart, 67. The step-father is listed in stable condition at a Tyler hospital.

Montemayor said Baker did not have a criminal background and alcohol did not appear to be a factor in the shootings. Baker worked as a checker at a Trinity grocery store.

Baker surrendered to authorities after a standoff in the home which lasted more than six hours. Authorities had both sides of the highway blocked off during the standoff.

Montemayor said Baker lived at the home, located on State Highway 94 and about a half-mile west of FM 3188, with his mother and step-father.

Baker is charged with one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and Montemayor said a murder charge will be filed for the mother's death.
Tator Salad

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 15, 2010
The mother did die from gun shot wounds to the head. I have personal knowledge that if it were not for Sheriff of Walker County and the staff of Polk County this incident would not have been handled right. The Sheriff of our County (Trinity) had to ask on several occassions on what to do next form the Walker County Sheriff. Is this who we want to be our Sheriff. I am not tryin to take away from the victims family but this should tell you all if you have not already made up your mind that our Sheriff DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING. We should demand and expect better from our Sheriff. I also know that yes JUDGE EAVANS was in the area and even he too was not impressed with what he saw out of our Sheriff from the incident last night. Basically our Sheriff is running around her like a "chicken with his head cut off" not knowing what or how to do his job or the job of SHERIFF.

To END the normal business as usual for the Trinity COunty SHeriff's Department

VOTE VOTE VOTE

COLE WILL HAVE MY VOTE

Remember 2-16-10 thru 2-26-10 and 3-2-10 VOTE
The Eagle Has Landed

San Antonio, TX

#14 Feb 15, 2010
There You go everyone, You heard it from Tator Salad, he has personal knowledge, i guess that makes it almost like the truth. Man has always searched for knowledge, since we have the internet, we search for the truth.
Wildcat

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2010
How did you hear about what happened Tator Salad?
DeerHunter

Fairfield, TX

#16 Feb 15, 2010
Is Tator Salad-Rod White. Just Joking.
Chiquita Wrong Answer

Crockett, TX

#17 Feb 15, 2010
She did pass and the above story is true from lufkin news. May God be with her.
Tator Salad

Houston, TX

#18 Feb 15, 2010
To The Eagal Has Landed I stand behind my statement and yes your right Chiquita Wrong Answer May God Be With Her. To the Eagal do you have the truth since you believe that I do not. And if so hey what is it I am all ears. I do not not have to prove what I have stated just wait and see for your self.
so_very_sad

Franklin, TX

#19 Feb 15, 2010
I would like to think that this won't turn into an election forum. Please, let's have some respect for a grieving family and keep this on topic. Take your voting comments to another thread.
I have seen Mike in Brookshire's several times and he's always been the most polite and friendly person to me. God only knows what can drive a person to commit such a horrible act. I for one will not judge him too quickly or harshly. He's obviously a tormented person. I will leave the judgement to God and the court system.
I am praying for the stepdad to recover, and for the family to have strength in the days ahead.
ENOUGH

Crockett, TX

#20 Feb 15, 2010
Tator Salad wrote:
The mother did die from gun shot wounds to the head. I have personal knowledge that if it were not for Sheriff of Walker County and the staff of Polk County this incident would not have been handled right. The Sheriff of our County (Trinity) had to ask on several occassions on what to do next form the Walker County Sheriff. Is this who we want to be our Sheriff. I am not tryin to take away from the victims family but this should tell you all if you have not already made up your mind that our Sheriff DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING. We should demand and expect better from our Sheriff. I also know that yes JUDGE EAVANS was in the area and even he too was not impressed with what he saw out of our Sheriff from the incident last night. Basically our Sheriff is running around her like a "chicken with his head cut off" not knowing what or how to do his job or the job of SHERIFF.
To END the normal business as usual for the Trinity COunty SHeriff's Department
VOTE VOTE VOTE
COLE WILL HAVE MY VOTE
Remember 2-16-10 thru 2-26-10 and 3-2-10 VOTE
DO YOU HAVE TO CAMPAIGN AT A TIME LIKE THIS!!!! COME ON A TRAGEDY HAS OCCURRED!!! HAVE A HEART!!!Just place yourself in families shoes right now and STOP focusing on winning a campaign due to one families tragedy!!!! HEARTLESS MONSTER!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now I'm Pissed off ! - Free tickets to the zoo ! (Oct '10) Fri Netty 111
Stay away from Waller Thornton funeral home (Apr '15) Jun 22 Steve conley 12
Kimberly Collvins Jun 21 Trinity river 20
Huntsville Area Cattle Rustlers Jun 20 NON assimilators ... 1
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Jun 20 Jeannie 15
Review: Byrd Unit (Nov '12) Jun 19 Flubber 6
Aerobic Septic Rip Off (Sep '11) Jun 7 KnowItAll 13

Trinity Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance