Trot Lines Lake Livingston

Posted in the Trinity Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deer Hunter

Greensburg, KY

#1 Mar 9, 2009
I run trot lines in lake livingston every year and when i done i pick my lines up, what i getting at, i wish we trot lines clean up day for abandoned lines, i willing to help.

“Exposing Hypocrites 1 by 1”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 9, 2009
Come over to Houston County Lake when your done!

Just kidding, great idea and one i'd like to see practiced more.
another old hippy

Lexington, SC

#3 Mar 9, 2009
Great idea. Every now and then game wardens give the old lines a yank - but public assistance is a good idea. Too many old mossy lines with rusted hooks - shameful -
rone

Merkel, TX

#4 Mar 13, 2009
I jug fish out my back door on Livingston and any time my jugs hang up on a trot line it gets cut. Yes I've even been known to drag a net grab arround until the boat stalls then I cut all of the floaters and let the lines fall to the bottom.
Legal fisherman

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 23, 2012
If I caught you cutting my lines, I would stomp a mud hole in your ass that would take 3 months to dry up!!
not quite here

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Yall takin' the fish thing pretty serious....
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#7 Feb 23, 2012
YES abandoned trot lines are bad BUT also cutting a legal trotline that IS NOT abandoned, especially a line belonging to a commercial fisherman, can get you some serious legal problems. it PROBABLY is not legal for anyone that is NOT a game warden to cut trotlines. it would be best to mark the lines location, and call the wardens to come remove it. if you have a gps give the warden the gps location of the line.
not quite here

United States

#8 Feb 23, 2012
My uncle says..... Cuts his trot line.....gets a lead sammich...

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#9 Feb 23, 2012
I would never cut a mans lines knowing they were active,but if the hung my prop,you gotta do what you gotta do.....but shooting at me only causes return fire and there's a pretty good chance I'm a better shot than you are!
not quite here

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2012
DamnTexan wrote:
I would never cut a mans lines knowing they were active,but if the hung my prop,you gotta do what you gotta do.....but shooting at me only causes return fire and there's a pretty good chance I'm a better shot than you are!
. Don't shoot at me!! I ain't my uncle!!

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#11 Feb 24, 2012
not quite here wrote:
<quoted text>. Don't shoot at me!! I ain't my uncle!!
Don't shoot at me,I don't even own a boat anymore lol!
Bassman

Blairsville, GA

#12 Feb 26, 2012
I cut every trotline I see, I hate it when they hang up on my spinnerbait or crankbait. Also I hate it when jug lines are floating down the creek when Im trying to make it to a weight-in, I try to blow them out of the creek.
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#13 Feb 26, 2012
BASS--do you think you are the only one that has the right to fish in the lake. others have the right to use the lake also--you may think it is your personal lake--well you are wrong. and this driving like a fool to go weigh some little fish is total insanity. just let the warden catch your arrogant self driving that fancy boat like a fool.
Bassman

Blairsville, GA

#14 Feb 26, 2012
Dont HATE on me red dawn.
red dawn

Baytown, TX

#15 Feb 26, 2012
not hate just good advice-- you have to realise you are in EAST TEXAS, where cutting a line or kicking someones dog, can be hazardous to ones health. it does not take much to get the backwoods banjo players riled up.
Hotrod

Houston, TX

#16 Feb 27, 2012
Never have cut one. I have pulled a couple away from a well know swimming spot that I think were place there purposely to hurt people.
yadda yadda

Marquez, TX

#18 Mar 15, 2012
Deer Hunter wrote:
I run trot lines in lake livingston every year and when i done i pick my lines up, what i getting at, i wish we trot lines clean up day for abandoned lines, i willing to help.
Yadda yadda yadda yadda
Mystery man

United States

#19 Mar 22, 2012
Maybe the answer to the whole thing is better enforcoement by the Game Wardens. Citing the violators who leave their lines in for extended periods of time might wake them up. Maybe the Sheriff needs a Lake Patrol unit. Hey Woody isn't the Lake in your precinct?
6 pack joe

Ball Ground, GA

#20 Mar 24, 2012
Bassman wrote:
I cut every trotline I see, I hate it when they hang up on my spinnerbait or crankbait. Also I hate it when jug lines are floating down the creek when Im trying to make it to a weight-in, I try to blow them out of the creek.
Wow, you are just what the people need, another self-righteous triniturd who knows better than everyone else what we need,A trotline police man.
6 pack joe

Ball Ground, GA

#21 Mar 24, 2012
Mystery man wrote:
Maybe the answer to the whole thing is better enforcoement by the Game Wardens. Citing the violators who leave their lines in for extended periods of time might wake them up. Maybe the Sheriff needs a Lake Patrol unit. Hey Woody isn't the Lake in your precinct?
Yea man, bring in the government you brain-washed pecker head.More police, police, police.You are a F'n idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr HodaPharts 1,057
Kimberly Collvins 20 hr Concerned mother 11
Haunted Places (Aug '07) Jan 19 Beg71 86
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) Jan 16 Loving mother 29
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jan 10 Barb ice 80
News You Say You're An American, But What If You Had... Dec 26 New Resident 13
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec '16 Not Quite Here 180

Trinity Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trinity Mortgages