Anonymous

Galveston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Why would Trinity County Crime Stoppers go to Walker County in the TRINITY COUNTY Crime Stoppers vehicle to buy tires? Does Walker county now support them?
Mean_Mr_Mustard

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Maybe because the tires sold in Trinity are so overpriced that there was a net gain for them to drive to Huntsville even after you factor in the cost of fuel.

You know, supply and demand, free enterprise. Do those terms ring a bell?
Anonymous

Grapeland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

What about tires sold in Groveton? Apple Springs?
I hope their donations next time around meet their demands. I'm sure everyone will understand mutual support.
Linda Pettitt

Trinity, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

-yes Walker County does support Trinity County Crimestopper and so does Houston County. We have worked in concert with them for a number of years.
We thank them and all our local citizens for their donations and support. The tires were purchased in Trinity but the two bent rims needed to be replaced and we did replaced all of them from discount tire in Walker County. Thanks for your concern.
Anonymous

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Thank you Linda for the information but do they not sell rims in Groveton, Trinity or Apple Springs? This is TRINITY COUNTY CRIME STOPPERS not houston county or walker county.
Anonymous

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Who supports you the most and why do you feel justified in not supporting good hard working TRINITY COUNTY folks?
Harry Bauder

Buffalo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Justellinthetruth wrote:
Why would Trinity County Crime Stoppers go to Walker County in the TRINITY COUNTY Crime Stoppers vehicle to buy tires? Does Walker county now support them?
I will tell you why we were in Huntsville at Discount Tire, We purchased 4 new tires from Trinity Discount Tires in Trinity. We had 2 bent rims on the car and went to Huntsville to get new wheels, not available in Trinity, and we needed them right away. So I would suggest to you, in the future to get your facts straight before you speak. I guess now someone will question why we were at the Centerville School yesterday and the day before. We took water and other food items for the firefighters and helped distribute the supplies as firemen came in from the fire. Also you will see us driving around different neighborhoods to just make sure our phone number gets out there, and to just be seen, maybe that will help prevent a crime. We were also in the parade last Saturday, Is that allright. If you are really interested in what Crime Stoppers is doing,why not attend one of our meetings. Always on the second Tuesday at the Trinity Fire Station at 6:00 P/M. I will look forward th seeing you at the next meeting.
Anonymous

Buffalo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Were the available in Groveton? Were they available in Apple Springs? Let me guess...you didn't ask. Maybe you should get your ducks in a row before you spout off. Was there any excuse for being so rude at discount tire about a "dirty tire" that you brought attention to yourself in Huntsville? Maybe I see you every meeting...know what happens when you assume????
harryb

Buffalo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

This subject has gone far enough. And by the way, I only asked that the tire be cleaned. This is the last comment I will make, But thank you for taking an interest.
Anonymous

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

I am not your enemy but I do believe that taking your business out of county with a county that stands behind you and supports you in any way they can is wrong. You did not exhaust every effort to use in county businesses but don't hesitate to call on them for help. Your a good cause - now make good decisions not easy ones.
Mean_Mr_Mustard

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Justellinthetruth wrote:
I am not your enemy but I do believe that taking your business out of county with a county that stands behind you and supports you in any way they can is wrong. You did not exhaust every effort to use in county businesses but don't hesitate to call on them for help. Your a good cause - now make good decisions not easy ones.
So should in county business be used even if they are more expensive?

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

Justellinthetruth wrote:
When's the last time you shopped at Walmart for groceries or household items, instead of your local Brookshires, or Wilkisons?
Have you ever bought gas in Riverside?
Or dined at a resturant thats not in the city limits?
Don't lie..

Since: Sep 10

Trinity, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

Some people are just plain dumb. I would love to spend my money here in Trinity. If I could ever find what I am looking for. When I do find it...it is so overpriced that most people in this economy can't afford it. Prime example of highway robbery...Brookshire Bros.!!! Double the price than what I can get at Kroger or Walmart. Sorry...money is tight and most people will spend it where they can get the best value. Wake up now and stop being an idiot. Oh...and maybe you should find another hobby other than causes confrontations on Topix.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

There's also the fact that if they HAD gotten the wheel work done locally, at 2-3x the price of what it could be done for in Huntsville, the same ignorant people would be b*tching that they had spent to much, were wasting taxpayer dollars (not that they are even paying any, most likely), and that they should have taken it somewhere cheaper...
red dawn

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

MEL you have dared to disagree with the (BITER) now you are in for it.
Basket

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

New shirts lookin' GOOD !

How ya' doin' stoppin' crime ?

Since: Sep 10

Trinity, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

I ain't skared!!!!!!!!!! Just sometimes opinionated!

Since: Jun 11

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

MelMel C wrote:
Some people are just plain dumb. I would love to spend my money here in Trinity.
If you REALLY would love to,then you would do it and not just TALK about it
MelMel C wrote:
If I could ever find what I am looking for.
Such as?
MelMel C wrote:
When I do find it...it is so overpriced that most people in this economy can't afford it. Prime example of highway robbery...Brookshire Bros.!!! Double the price than what I can get at Kroger or Walmart.
Because rather than being a multi-state/national conglomerate which buys mainly overseas products (Chinese at that) to try to foist off onto Americans, and thus hasten the demise of the American worker, Brookshire Bros is a locally owned and operated company, which buys local produce and meats.

Really want to buy local? The gen off your butt, shut up and do it, and quit your biotching about the cost of it, because the higher cost is exactly WHAT it takes to buy local.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

red dawn wrote:
MEL you have dared to disagree with the (BITER) now you are in for it.
Having trouble with your comprehension skills again? I assume you are talking about me since you have called me that before.

Take it as slow as need be, and reread my comment. Mel and I actually agree.

Really Red, you are sitting on a gold mine. The only person alive that can actually talk, walk, and do basic funcions without the use of a brain. Just think about the possibilities awaiting you. Maybe even a movie?...oh, I forgot, thinking is not one of your abilities
red dawn

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

oooohhh come on (biter) i only mess with you because you are sooooo easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Trinity News Video

•••
Trinity Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trinity Jobs

•••
•••
•••