Shattered Dreams
Just another Mom

United States

#1 May 5, 2009
This Thursday and Friday the High School is having a program call "Shattered Dreams" aimed at showing the students the reality of drinking and driving. On Friday morning at the High School Gym at 10 am there will be a mock funeral for the students who will have lost their lives to drunk driving in the mock wreck on Thursday. The funeral is open to the public. They dont advertise but rely on word-of-mouth.
another old hippy

United States

#2 May 5, 2009
Watch out for flu and MADD mothers! Sounds kinda morbid, but what the heck, that's life and reality. Didn't have that when we were running amock. Might make a difference. Worth a try...
THS Parent

Huntington, TX

#3 May 5, 2009
I have a student in this program. Writing the letter that will be read on Thursday night after the accident was honestly one of the most "gut wrenching" things I have ever done. Although, it is not real, there is something about having to put into words all the things that you "wish" you could have said....It has taken me a week to compose the letter and I honestly hope that I never have to face the reality of losing a child to a drunk driver or in any other way.
I believe it is a message to students and parents. I know it has made a huge impact on me and I still have to write the obituary tonight.

These students put alot of effort and thought into this program and if it makes a difference in just "one" life, then it has served a great purpose.

“Who is right?NO,WHAT is right ”

Since: Apr 09

Trinity

#4 May 5, 2009
This can be one of the most gut wrenching and moving dramas one will see. I attended one at our church in Shepherd and it brought me to tears it was so real. DPS, City, Judges, Drs., Nurses, Ambulance personnel, and even Life Flight participated along with a funeral home. It was so dramatic and real that it made the teenagers and grown ups alike actually cry. Shepherd had lost so many teens for so many years on prom night and graduation night. I think it was the first time in several years that we didn't lose anyone on those nights. It's awesome.
Just another Mom

United States

#5 May 5, 2009
I had to write the letter, too. It is amazing all the things you find that you arent sure you've said, or said enough. I had to stop myself after 5 pages so my child wont miss the other activities that night. It was very hard and I agree with THS parent- I hope I never have to experience this for real. I know someone who lost 4 of her children in one night when they were hit by a drunk driver. She is an amazing woman who managed to keep breathing in an out, day after day. I dont ever want to be that amazing.
jhunz2012

Glen Rose, TX

#6 May 22, 2015
THS Parent wrote:
I have a student in this program. Writing the letter that will be read on Thursday night after the accident was honestly one of the most "gut wrenching" things I have ever done. Although, it is not real, there is something about having to put into words all the things that you "wish" you could have said....It has taken me a week to compose the letter and I honestly hope that I never have to face the reality of losing a child to a drunk driver or in any other way.
I believe it is a message to students and parents. I know it has made a huge impact on me and I still have to write the obituary tonight.
These students put alot of effort and thought into this program and if it makes a difference in just "one" life, then it has served a great purpose.
Hi my sister participated in shattered dreams at Huntington hs 2009 do u have pics or anything from the event? I would love to see them, my sister and her bf were killed in a car accident about 8 months later and I was watchin stuff about this years and just got wondering, please message me and let me kno thanks!
Clown face

Covington, VA

#7 May 23, 2015
Poor Steve's dreams are shattered ...... Ha ha ha ha so deserved it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brookshire Brothers (Oct '07) Nov 13 jsand 156
Trinity ISD Turnover??? (Apr '13) Nov 12 Shabby 39
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Nov 10 KEVO EAST TEXAS 81
clayton baker (Jul '08) Nov 10 xgroveton 2
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Nov 2 Common Sense 187
News Wingfield's escape trial on hold (May '06) Oct 20 Tom 153
Vanessa Beasley Oct '17 Tangent 14

Trinity Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance