etmc billing practices

Posted in the Trinity Forum

itsgettingdeep

Centerville, TX

#1 Jun 2, 2010
In my opinion !
There are some very strange things going on with ETMC and the billing practices of the group. If you are not insured and are a cash paying customer they offer a 30% discount on all services from going to the doctor to all sorts of procedures and testing. NOW, through many others complaints we are finding that ETMC gives you the discounts, charges you for all the services they provide minus the 30% discount and then bills you for the discounts WILL send the amount to collections if it is not paid within 30 days. Where does this come from and why are these people allowed to do this. I get a discount, pay the bill in full and then the discounted amounts are sent to collections? WTF ? We all want to talk about how the federal government wants to take control of our lives and we fail to realize that corporate america and greed takes more control in a shorter amount of time than that of the federal agencies. By damaging your credit file, sending you nasty letters, then sell the account to others while there are derogatory remarks placed in your FICO file, then they refuse to remove or update the information. I am glad we now have federal health care to stop this fleecing mindset of the greed! To hell with all of the doctors that make these decisions and the business managers that are gasping for more while ruining the credit ratings of us that work hard to protect it. Screw All of you !
extrin

Apopka, FL

#2 Jun 2, 2010
I didn't have any problem with that same arangement, but that was a couple of years ago. What did the hospital say about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Conley ... Piece of crap Thu Town no it all 11
D.W.I's (Jan '12) Feb 23 blue goose 23
Trinity Police: 'Big Texas Heat' started with h... (Nov '12) Feb 21 truth 77
James Ray Due (Mar '09) Feb 20 Heather T 5
westwood shores (Jun '09) Feb 20 former Houstonian 173
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Shayla Rightmire: Alleged East Texas Meth Deale... (Nov '11) Feb 7 APPLE PIE SWEET M... 103

Trinity News Video

Trinity Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:08 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:08PM
Cole Beasley Contract: Latest News and Rumors on Negotiations with Cowboys