A great spring break

Posted in the Trinity Forum

Texas Grandma

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2011
Just wanted to say we had a great spring break. We started out the week going on the train ride from Rusk to Palestine. It takes 4 1/2 hours. You order a box lunch when you book the trip. There is a train robbery (the money collected is donated to charity) then the lone ranger shows up during lunch in Palestine to call out the robbers. Then they all ride back to Maybelle then the train continues back to Rusk. Had 3 boys ages 5, 6 & 7. They had a great time. Went to see Rango a western type theme with reptiles & animals. This was the 2nd time we saw it. We went to the Lufkin zoo. Then we went to the Grapeland safari park. I have passed it many times, but finally scheduled a trip. The kids had a blast. They have all kinds of animals deer, antelope, pot bellied pigs, goats, camels, 2 buffalo. 1 that is very friendly & was taller than my truck. Llamas, an ostrich, ducks , geese, that all follow your vehicle. There was a foot tall baby shetland pony that was just born that morning. Just about the cutest thing I ever saw. Baby fawns & a wallaby that the kids can pet. You can buy very reasonable. We bought sn $8 bucket that didn't last the entire trip. You drive where you want to an stay as long as you like. They have picnic tables & a very nice shady area to sit. It was $7 a person kids under 2 are free. We couldn't do a big blow out fabulous spring break trip but there are things close to home that are fairly reasonable & the kids are talking about the next trip. We are planning on going on the Polar express at Christmas because we had such a good time.

Since: Sep 10

Trinity, TX

#2 Mar 19, 2011
Sounds wonderful. Can you post some booking info on the train trip? My kids would love that!
Texas Grandma

United States

#3 Mar 19, 2011
The name of the train is Texas State Railroad. It runs from Rusk to Palestine. They have a Thomas the train ride coming up soon if you have a little one that likes Thomas. They have a dogwood train to see the dogwoods in bloom. We saw 1 or 2 early bloomers, but mostly redbuds. They have a pumpkin patch ride at Halloween and the Polar express at Christmas. I don't have the website address right now but I am sure you can google it. They have a phone number you can call. We had a few questions but it just rang and rang. So we booked on line, got a confirmation & our tickets were waiting at the ticket window when we arrived. It was worth it. We got the $6.50 souvenir tumbler. You get unlimited refills & a very nice travel mug with a lid & picture of the train on it to keep. Good luck. I know your kids will enjoy it.
Engine ear

Normangee, TX

#4 Mar 20, 2011
Be sure to check out the events section. Great fun and a great cause...preserving history and expanding our boundaries!

http://www.texasstaterr.com/

Since: Sep 10

Trinity, TX

#5 Mar 21, 2011
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 49 min Liberal forever 748
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) 5 hr Imoutofthismess 12
Calling ONLY current & former Brookshire's empl... (Nov '07) Nov 19 Bryan 155
The Republican FAILURES Nov 17 PISSANT69 4
Republican hatred towards Obama not seen since ... Nov 8 Ted 3
Zimmerman Found Not Guilty (Jul '13) Nov 7 A_Paul_Ling 101
Steve Conley Nov 3 Trinity resident 2

Trinity News Video

Trinity Dating
Find my Match

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trinity News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trinity