First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bob_bitching

Trinity, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2012
We have a chance to make a real change in sheriff’s office. It is time to get rid of the good old system, and put a sheriff in that’s about the LAW not protecting the few. We must put some one in office that wants to protect all citizens of this county. Groveton and Trinity is not the whole county. We have 3 men running, Good old boy, the lone ranger and 1 who knows the law and how to have it work for the protection and safety of the citizens of Trinity County. It is up to us to put the most qualified in office to protect ourselfs, our neighbors, and our families
Yoursureright

Fairfield, TX

#2 Jan 18, 2012
bob_bitching wrote:
We have a chance to make a real change in sheriff’s office. It is time to get rid of the good old system, and put a sheriff in that’s about the LAW not protecting the few. We must put some one in office that wants to protect all citizens of this county. Groveton and Trinity is not the whole county. We have 3 men running, Good old boy, the lone ranger and 1 who knows the law and how to have it work for the protection and safety of the citizens of Trinity County. It is up to us to put the most qualified in office to protect ourselfs, our neighbors, and our families
Ralph Montemayor has around 30 paid, Continuous Law Enforcement years of Service, Most of which has been right here in Trinity County, He has 10 times the amount of School as either of the other Candidate's. Has never been fired from a Law enforcement position, unlike the other Candidates(both from TPD), and does His job Professionally and doesn't have to post everything He or His Department does for the Glory.
bob_bitching

Trinity, TX

#3 Jan 18, 2012
He also believes in the good buddy system, he lets his friends off while screwing the rest. He has proven this over and over. When you have a deputy release a DWI and pull all info. From the computer system, and put them back on the road that endangers all the public. Anyone who does not question how he first got in office is blind. There was total disregard to proper procedure for replacing the sheriff.
KNL

Centerville, TX

#4 Jan 18, 2012
For me I would rather have a Sheriff who is going to be out there with his men putting a stop to the crazy acts in Trinity County no matter what they might be........
DNR

Lewisville, TX

#5 Jan 18, 2012
KNL wrote:
For me I would rather have a Sheriff who is going to be out there with his men putting a stop to the crazy acts in Trinity County no matter what they might be........
Me too!
not quite here

Bedford, TX

#6 Jan 18, 2012
DWI's in trinity county...ignored .....let off.....this is no rumor trinity county......this is fact.....overlaps sheriffs admlnistrations...goes higher......ask yourselves this....who outranks the sheriffs dept.??

JQL

Since: Jan 12

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 18, 2012
Why should/shouldn't someone vote for Fisher, Wallace or Montemayor?

I don't care about "He's the best man for the job!" or "I heard..." BS. What are the arguments, supported by facts, for and against each candidate?

Yoursureright, why were Fisher and Wallace fired? How is his experience relative?

bob_bitching, how has Montemayor "proven this over and over" and what do you consider qualifications for a sheriff?

What about their deputies? In a big sheriff's dept. when you elect a new sheriff that's what you get, a new sheriff. When you elect a new sheriff in a small dept. you often get a new staff also.

Who will be working for Fisher or Wallace? Are they qualified? What about Monteymayor's current deputies?
Just asking

Fairfield, TX

#8 Jan 18, 2012
Yoursureright wrote:
<quoted text>Ralph Montemayor has around 30 paid, Continuous Law Enforcement years of Service, Most of which has been right here in Trinity County, He has 10 times the amount of School as either of the other Candidate's. Has never been fired from a Law enforcement position, unlike the other Candidates(both from TPD), and does His job Professionally and doesn't have to post everything He or His Department does for the Glory.
R. R.???
bob_bitching

Trinity, TX

#9 Jan 18, 2012
JQL I do agree with a lot you say, there are many above the sheriff that put a hard influence on them. I believe a sheriff should be of the highest morals and ethics. This county has become the laughing stock of the rest of law enforcement. Living and working in this county for over 20 years has given me a lot of incite. The people of trinity county need to take a good hard look at all the candidates and decide on the facts of who would be best for the future of the county. People need to take the time and effort to research and understand their ideas and plans for this county. I hope this will have a few people asking more questions and not listing to some one else. It is not just the sheriff but all elected officials. If it’s a city, county, state, or national election voters need to look at what the candidates have done not said but actually accomplished. Many candidates talk good but deliver the opposite. I want to expose what each candidate has done well or bad. I hope people will put what they know to be true not hear say so every one can make an informed decision
KNL

Centerville, TX

#10 Jan 18, 2012
I have personally worked with both Montemayor and Wallace. In my experience Wallace is more outgoing and willing to take that extra step to take down, bust, or just get the situation under control. I feel that Montemayor has done an okay job as Sheriff but I agree there has been a few things that could of had more focus and investigation. I have never worked with Fisher so I can't say anything to his work ethic.
I'm sure that if there is a new Sheriff elected that there will probably be a slight change in deputies. I have worked with many of the deputies and feel that they are all well qualified to do their jobs but as we all know, not everybody gets along and some will move on.

JQL

Since: Jan 12

Houston, TX

#11 Jan 19, 2012
KNL, I have talked to people who agree that Wallace seems to be more proactive and involved at the ground level. Others have questioned the accuracy of his law enforcement knowledge and/or accused him of being a 'glory hound'. I cannot speak to the accuracy of those comments but it brings up an important point; what good are arrests or busts (made by anyone) if they don't lead to convictions because the case was poorly handled?

Honestly, I've not heard many positive affirmations for Montemayor. Some have touted his experience but others have questioned the relevance of that experience. Many have questioned his decision to hire his son-in-law.

I don’t really know anything about Fisher.

How important is a sheriff to the actual ‘enforcement’ of law? Isn’t the sheriff primarily administrative?
not quite here

Bedford, TX

#12 Jan 19, 2012
The sheriff sets the tone for the entire department......
KNL

Dallas, TX

#13 Jan 19, 2012
I have to agree that the Sheriff does set the tone for the department.
As far as convictions go that is up twhole the DA's office wants to handle the case. Recently there have been convictions that have people spending years upon years in prison due to their drug lifestyles and pasts. Then on the other hand there have been cases that were not seen as "serious" per say and they just got a slap on the hand at most.
There are times I am sure that less than perfect arrests are made due to faulty information or papers not shuffled correctly. I would hope that when this occurs that each person is learning from their mistake so that the next bust can be without fault and the community that we live in, work in and raise our children in can be a better place.
Whoever is Sheriff needs to be someone that is going to take the job seriously and set goals not only for his deputies but also for himself and his entire department.
Best of luck to all the candidates and let the best man win and take his job seriously.
Joe Friday

Purdon, TX

#14 Jan 20, 2012
I posted in another thread that did not seem to take off like this one has so I am reposting my thoughts here. I am interested in the facts, just the facts. How about a debate between the three Sheriff candidates. I would like to be able to hear the facts from the men themselves.
Joe Friday

Purdon, TX

#15 Jan 20, 2012
Just the facts. As reported in the Groveton and Trinity newspapers. Sheriff Montemayor reported the yearly statistics for his office for 2011. He took credit for 16 narcotics cases for the entire year. All of Trinity County has a very serious drug problem. Not just the cities. I would think that the entire Sheriff's Department should have been able to make more than just 16 cases in an entire year.
Joe Friday

Purdon, TX

#16 Jan 20, 2012
The Sheriff is the highest law enforcement official in a county. I want a Sheriff who will take that possition and hold himself to a higher standard both morally and ethically. A sheriff should have a great sence of personal responsibility. That being said I can not and will not support Montemayor. He does not hold himself to a higher standard. He was accused of releasing a DWI suspect and then covering up the incident by destroying documents. A grand jury did no bill him on the criminal charges connected to that incident but I have talked to the people who were involved in that incident and I know the facts. Just as mentioned in other posts not all cases end with a conviction.That does not mean that the incident did not happen. It just means that the case was lost in court for any number of resons other then the innocence of the acused. Montemayor did hire his son in law. An act which if not illegal, is at least against Trinity County Policy. See section 1.05 of the 2011 County Policy Manual online at http://www.co.trinity.tx.us/ips/export/sites/... . More recently Montemayor fired a deputy. His handeling of this was in direct violation of state law. I have spoken to the deputy and took the time to get the facts. The deputy was fired because of complaints the Sheriff was supposed to have recevied about this deputy but would not produce. The Sheriff fired the deputy based on these complaints. The government code, which is state law, is very clear on the procedure that must be followed to fire a peace office based on complaints. The Sheriff violated every one of the procedures outlined in the statute. This does not sound like a man who holds himself to a standard higher then most.
not quite here

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Jan 21, 2012
Check out the T.P.D.'s Facebook....there's a grinning idiot there.....who just destroyed someone's truck....has a total of six dwi's and dui's ....sheriff dept very familiar with him....take a close look....he might ....be the one that gets you...or your family...but they just can't get him off the road....your tax dollars at work.....
Just Wondering

Trinity, TX

#18 Jan 21, 2012
We need a new County Attorney, Joe Bell needs to go.
not quite here

Dallas, TX

#19 Jan 22, 2012
No lie .
Yoursureright

Fairfield, TX

#20 Jan 23, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
We need a new County Attorney, Joe Bell needs to go.
Yall are real Rocket Scientist, His last Two DWI's where in Walker County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why would a loving God create so many ugly wome... Wed Enough Faith 6
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec 7 avh 172
Texas to execute man who lawyers say is delusional Nov 30 Donny Brook 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Farm Aid concert to save Westwood Shores (Feb '14) Nov 27 unknown 3
No Repercussions in Ferguson Due to Lack of Fac... Nov 26 Culture Auditor 1
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Nov 26 Imoutofthismess 12

Trinity News Video

Trinity Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trinity News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trinity

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:17 am PST