Sheriff Brent Lee, killed in Fatal Ca...

Sheriff Brent Lee, killed in Fatal Car crash ?

Posted in the Trinity Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LMAO

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 27, 2008
What the hell is going on in Trinity? 2 county vehicles in less than a couple months crashed? 1 fatal 1 serious. And 2 years ago another fatal. What is really going on out here trininty?
Well Gee

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2008
I hope all the family was notified properly before you went blurting it out, and rather than encouraging speculation why dont you be a good little boy and wait for the investigation to be completed and then I imagine they will release an official statement.

“Making A Difference Every Day!”

Since: Nov 08

Trinity, Texas

#3 Nov 27, 2008
Yes it's true....
TRINITY, TX (KTRE)- Trinity County Sheriff Brent Lee was killed in an early morning accident according to the Department of Public Safety. State investigators are in route to the accident scene, reportedly
ExTexEsq

Honolulu, HI

#4 Nov 27, 2008
Our Hearts go out to his family on this Sad Thanksgiving weekend..

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#5 Nov 27, 2008
LMAO wrote:
What the hell is going on in Trinity? 2 county vehicles in less than a couple months crashed? 1 fatal 1 serious. And 2 years ago another fatal. What is really going on out here trininty?
Yeah, never mind that an officer lost his life,and his family is in mourning at this very moment,let's talk about the damn cruiser that was [email protected]!

“Anti-Authoritari an”

Since: Oct 07

Deeply Rooted In East Texas

#6 Nov 27, 2008
Jim Gratz

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2008
Our deepest sympathy goes out to the friends and family of Sheriff Brent Lee and to the members of the Trinity County Sheriff's Department. May God protect you as you go through your daily duties. You are in our prayers.
ntprfctjst4gvn

Trinity, TX

#8 Nov 27, 2008
My heart goes out to His family and Friends! May God's peace be with the family thru this truely horrible time, may you find rest nuzzled in His arms! May His hedge of Protection be around all our officers as they go to and fro protecting and looking out for US! May God bless this Town and County in this time of grief!
TxLaw

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2008
RIP brother! The entire state mourns your loss.
Carolyn Wilber Colvin

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2008
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Lee family. This is just a tragic reminder that when our officers put their uniforms on daily, they are putting their lives in danger for our safety and peace. On this Thanksgiving Day we are especially thankful for our law enforcement and we do remember all of you in our prayers daily. May God keep each one of you safe. May God give peace and comfort to our officers and to the Lee family.
J Scott Brinly

Seabrook, TX

#11 Nov 27, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Lee family and to the staff of the Trinity County Sheriff's Office.

Respectfully,

Deputy J. Scott Brinly
Galveston County Sheriff's Office

“Anti-Authoritari an”

#12 Nov 27, 2008
he bowed and
not flinching from her black breath
gave her his arm
- Denise Levertov

When I Get Where I'm Going

Texas Grandma

United States

#13 Nov 28, 2008
God Bless and comfort the Lee family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. God Bless Trinity county.

Jim Gratz, you need to run for sheriff. We need someone with your 20+ years of experience in law enforcement and training. Houston Police Dept. would not have you training their officers and doing all the things you did for that agency if you were not qualified. Trinity needs someone that can't be bought if there is going to be any changes in the drug / criminal situations we have here. We also need someone that is NOT one of the "good ole boys" and can and WILL think for himself and not be ran by the people that think it is their business to tell the law enforcement officers who can and cannot be touched. We have had too much of that way too long in Trinity. City and County both. You are by far the most qualified person for the job, and I have been here for many years and seen some of the sorriest people put in positions that they were not qualified for, they just knew the right people or were related to them, and had the political machines behind them. Please run for sheriff. You need to let people know what your experience is, there are many, many of us that want Trinity to be the town that it was when we grew up here. Safe, neighborly, caring about the welfare of your friends and neighbors. Schools that were safe, not the drug infested, criminal haven that it has become.
dsamuel

Atlanta, GA

#14 Nov 28, 2008
LMAO wrote:
We are a small town so issues are multiplied and more noticeable...what really is going to be noticeable is the loss of a great man. He was a good and fair sheriff and a great friend to many so let's keep that as a focus. Pray for his family and don't be a moron!!
Anonymous

San Antonio, TX

#15 Nov 28, 2008
I don't think this forum topic should be an area for political campaign, pretty tacky. Plus I didn't even think that the law allowed for a campaign after something like this, but rather placed the second in charge as the County Sheriff untill the next election.
Pure Gossip

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I don't think this forum topic should be an area for political campaign, pretty tacky. Plus I didn't even think that the law allowed for a campaign after something like this, but rather placed the second in charge as the County Sheriff untill the next election.
I believe the majority of postings on this form topic are sincere ones showing their concern for the Lee family and the remaining officers who will continue to patrol without their leader. If I'm not mistaken, the County Commissioners will select someone if they haven't already done so, to fill the tenure until election time.
Texas Grandma

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2008
If Donald Fisher is second in command then we really are in serious trouble. He is a bugger-eating moron that was fired from Trinity Police Dept. but surely not soon enough. He is as sorry as they come.

Don't think that I am not saddened by the untimely death of the sheriff, because it really does bother me that he never got to do the job he was elected to do, and there were promising developements that will now not come to fruition. I am very sorry that his family has to go through this, especially at a holiday, that makes it even worse. Don't think for one minute that while he was still laying there with a sheet on him, that the political wheels were not already working on "who can we put in there that will do our bidding?" "Who do WE want in there, that we can control?" There doesn't seem to be any regard for what the people want. A safer place to live with less drug activity and the crimes that come with drugs. A zero tolerance for illegal activity period. Then when criminals do get caught, prosecution to the fullest extent of the law,(especially for repeat offenders) not a slap on the hand or less, and then right back on the streets to commit more crimes. Trinity and Trinity county has become a "safe house for criminals" I would like to see this change and I am not the only one that feels this way. I would like to see someone that is qualified and knows the law with real experience because he has been on the streets in the real world not just in a little town in east Texas. Or worked only as a reserve officer or in a subdivision security role.

“Anti-Authoritari an”

#18 Nov 28, 2008
Come on guys - lets separate the politics from the feeling of loss that lots of people - especially his family - are experiencing right now. Lets try to at least offer Brent’s family the same respect that he himself has shown to all of us.

I posted a news article from Police News Online - condolences only please.

“Anti-Authoritari an”

#19 Nov 28, 2008
I am not trying to act like I “run the place”- I just think we needed to separate the two issues.

Since LMAO started this thread with a question mark - go ahead and speculate here - please - lets not mix the two issues - I am sure right now his family and friends could care less what we think about the future of the TCSD.
Kerry J Patrick

AOL

#20 Nov 28, 2008
I worked with Brent Lee for years as a TABC Agent in Beaumont. He was an excellent supervisor and very well liked by all. He will surely be missed. My prayers go out to all his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I know what you did last night Steve conley 8 hr Trinitard 3
Shut it Down, Stevenson Beer Distributing........ (Nov '12) Jul 22 lol 12
REWARD $500 cash for arrest/conviction on punks... Jul 22 Citizen 1
My name is Steve conley Jul 21 Steve 8
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Jul 18 Babs 13
John Cole Jul 17 Diana 1
Westwood Shores Security (Sep '07) Jul 16 Savage 230

Trinity Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance