First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Local

Mart, TX

#1 Jul 13, 2009
Hate Crimes to Silence Christians

Maybe you are not a Christian but our freedom is at stake. I would take this very serious. If they take away our Christian rights but let the muslin,and other religions teach as they please this is a hate crime against Christians.
The liberals are pushing Hate Crime legislation to silence the Christian community if they preach the Bible and say being gay is a sin. You pastor could go to jail for preaching the Bible. This important legislation is currently before the US Senate. Senate Democrats are planning to attach the federal hate crimes bill, S. 909, as a rider to the 2010 Department of Defense bill. The DOD bill is scheduled to begin Senate floor action at 11 a.m. EDT on Monday. Since S. 909 is an "omnibus bill," Sen. Reid or any cosponsor might introduce it as an amendment. Amendments could be offered any time this week!
The soldier's Islamic assailant, according to Holder, will not be tried as a hate criminal if the federal hate bill is passed. Only historic civilian members of oppressed groups, such as homosexuals, blacks, Native Americans, Jews and women, will be protected. No protection for Christians, only laws to prosecute us.
Holder, as the nation's top law enforcement authority, says the federal hate crimes bill has absolutely no relevance to a military appropriations bill! No American service personnel will in any way benefit from it.
www truthtellers org Tell Senators: "Attorney General Holder says the federal hate bill, S. 909, will not protect members of America's military. Yet Democrats may attach a hate bill amendment to the arms bill this week. This is dishonest. The hate bill has nothing to do with the military." You can add: "Have you watched the video at truthtellers dot org in which Holder says soldiers are not protected under the hate bill?"
Republican Senators also need to be notified that they may have to rise to debate the hate bill early next week.

If your pastor is not preaching the Bible on these issues, maybe you need to consider going to a church where the Bible is preached and so that your children can be properly taught?

“Exposing Hypocrites 1 by 1”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 14, 2009
Was it Ronald Reagen that said "Here we go again"?
What Is A Low Keel

Doha, Qatar

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Local wrote:
Yet Democrats may attach a hate bill amendment to the arms bill this week. This is dishonest.
What's dishonest? You said they attached it as a rider. Well, what do you think a rider is? Something attached to a bill that has nothing to do with a bill in order to gain passage. Not a big mystery. We're talking something we studied in high school civics.

Location hidden

#4 Jul 14, 2009
What Is A Low Keel wrote:
<quoted text>
What's dishonest? You said they attached it as a rider. Well, what do you think a rider is? Something attached to a bill that has nothing to do with a bill in order to gain passage. Not a big mystery. We're talking something we studied in high school civics.
You went to High school. Don't make the assumption all on here have....lol

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5 Jul 14, 2009
Man from Crockett wrote:
Was it Ronald Reagen that said "Here we go again"?
Remember when we we used to have a little fun on here every once in a while?

Location hidden

#6 Jul 14, 2009
cozy and warm wrote:
<quoted text>Remember when we we used to have a little fun on here every once in a while?
I still am!
But.....I am easily entertained.

I would like to see a little more reason though. It does seem to get polarized one way or the other. No one seems to discuss and learn anymore.

Who in this crowd "really" understands the issues we discuss? We get our info from sources we assume are true or ones that support our agendas.
Are they accurate? I don't think many are.
Like Cywar said "Where do you find impartial news and info?

No one here will ever get the "real" info on these subjects. We all have opinions only. Some are adamant about them and others still search for clues.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#7 Jul 14, 2009
What Is A Low Keel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou.......we need you on here. Its getting tough these days....lol
THS Parent

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2009
I "researched" this last night seeking only "truth". From my "limited" understanding of this particular Senate Bill, this is not a bill that is going to "silence" christians. No where did I see when reading this did it say it was going to protect everyone but "white, homophobic, christian men". It did not say that preachers could not speak publicly about homosexuals. It is a bill however, that protects citizens against CRIMES of HATE and that is all citizens. From my understanding, the main goal of this bill is to erradicate crimes based on sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religious views, etc. Two "hate crimes" that have recently been comitted that comes to mind is the murder of the guard at the holocaust museum because of his race and the murder of Dr. Tiller because of his choice of employment. This bill does not keep one from speaking against things that you do not believe it, it is to keep FANATICS from physically harming others who do not share their views.

This original post is another example of something that was just haphazardly placed here in an attempt to play on the emotion of fear.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 14, 2009
THS Parent wrote:
I "researched" this last night seeking only "truth". From my "limited" understanding of this particular Senate Bill, this is not a bill that is going to "silence" christians. No where did I see when reading this did it say it was going to protect everyone but "white, homophobic, christian men". It did not say that preachers could not speak publicly about homosexuals. It is a bill however, that protects citizens against CRIMES of HATE and that is all citizens. From my understanding, the main goal of this bill is to erradicate crimes based on sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religious views, etc. Two "hate crimes" that have recently been comitted that comes to mind is the murder of the guard at the holocaust museum because of his race and the murder of Dr. Tiller because of his choice of employment. This bill does not keep one from speaking against things that you do not believe it, it is to keep FANATICS from physically harming others who do not share their views.
This original post is another example of something that was just haphazardly placed here in an attempt to play on the emotion of fear.
Unfortunately score of people will see this type of thing and believe what they have read.

Some will knowingly pass false information along in an attempt to "justify" their agendas.

“Who is right?NO,WHAT is right ”

Since: Apr 09

Trinity

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Do not believe what you hear on Topix or the news. Do your own research, then make your opinion. As my Daddy said years ago, "You can hear just about anything but the truth and bacon fryin". And you know what, he was right!

Location hidden

#11 Jul 14, 2009
Carolyn Colvin wrote:
Do not believe what you hear on Topix or the news. Do your own research, then make your opinion. As my Daddy said years ago, "You can hear just about anything but the truth and bacon fryin". And you know what, he was right!
Unless it's from D.H.
Then it's good...

I love the sound of bacon frying. Had some today!!
doom and gloom

United States

#12 Jul 14, 2009
THS Parent wrote:
do you think dr.tiller a fanatic,since obviously his victims did not share his point of view.dr.tiller was a murderer...

Location hidden

#13 Jul 14, 2009
doom and gloom wrote:
<quoted text>do you think dr.tiller a fanatic,since obviously his victims did not share his point of view.dr.tiller was a murderer...
I have no doubt in my mind that if you had the power, you too would be a murderer......only in the name of God.

You are one sick puppy.
Deer Hunter

Texarkana, TX

#14 Jul 14, 2009
Man from Crockett wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to High school. Don't make the assumption all on here have....lol
Thank You for a minute i thought i was one of them High School Graduate. There is a whole lot to be said about a dropout.
THS Parent

United States

#15 Jul 14, 2009
doom and gloom wrote:
<quoted text>do you think dr.tiller a fanatic,since obviously his victims did not share his point of view.dr.tiller was a murderer...
Who was Dr. Tiller's victims? I am not really sure I am understanding what you are trying to say. Did he go on some kind of vindictive rampage victimizing individuals because they did not share his views or what? Could you possibly explain or elaborate more on your statement.

Thanks in advance.
another old hippy

Zavalla, TX

#16 Jul 14, 2009
Timothy Leary made it famous: Turn on, tune in, drop out.

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Since: Jul 08

Terlingua

#17 Jul 14, 2009
another old hippy wrote:
Timothy Leary made it famous: Turn on, tune in, drop out.
Just like the Obama voters did

Trinity

#18 Jul 14, 2009
THS Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Dr. Tiller's victims? I am not really sure I am understanding what you are trying to say. Did he go on some kind of vindictive rampage victimizing individuals because they did not share his views or what? Could you possibly explain or elaborate more on your statement.
Thanks in advance.
Dr. George Tiller was a well known abortionist. He also was known to perform late term abortions citing the welfare of the mother was at question. He was known in the anti-abortion movement as "Tiller the killer". He was associated with Obama's appointment of human resources and was known to have given a lot of money for her campaign. I believe I'm correct in all of this. If not, please correct.

Trinity

#19 Jul 14, 2009
I forgot to mention, he was gunned down and killed by an anti-abortionist in church, I believe.
THS Parent

United States

#20 Jul 14, 2009
Thanks Carolyn. I believe you are correct. I was just trying to grasp what point Doom & Gloom was trying to make. The statement was rather confusing and I was hoping that he/she would clarify their point concerning victimization. I do believe that Tiller himself was a victim of a "hate crime". I was just trying to rationalize the logic of the statement that was made in the previous post. You are a dear!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why would a loving God create so many ugly wome... Dec 24 Enough Faith 6
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec 7 avh 172
Texas to execute man who lawyers say is delusional Nov 30 Donny Brook 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Farm Aid concert to save Westwood Shores (Feb '14) Nov 27 unknown 3
No Repercussions in Ferguson Due to Lack of Fac... Nov '14 Culture Auditor 1
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Nov '14 Imoutofthismess 12

Trinity News Video

Trinity Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trinity News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trinity

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST