Detour for Roundabout Construction to Delay EMS Crews

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

Some residents who live near a future roundabout in Randolph County fear that the lengthy detour around the construction area could delay emergency crews and put their lives in danger.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Gun Toter

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

All those with emergencies please call 10 minutes sooner to avoid delays
SRE

Walnut Cove, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

I wish city leaders in other parts of the country could read this! If they knew the concerns of the citizens, they would quit shutting down fire stations and increasing critical response time.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

SRE wrote:
I wish city leaders in other parts of the country could read this! If they knew the concerns of the citizens, they would quit shutting down fire stations and increasing critical response time.
Most places can no longer afford to have such "needless" things as EMS and Fire Dep's.

It seems like a made up excuse anyway because most of the people there do not want a roundabout. They do not understand how to use them and will do anything to try and stop it.
john in High Point

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Along with improvement comes hardship sometimes. This seems to be one of those cases. You can bet the DOT did everything they could to make access as easy as possible. Let's be positive about this situation instead of being negative.
Gun Toter

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

smutt butt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most places can no longer afford to have such "needless" things as EMS and Fire Dep's.
It seems like a made up excuse anyway because most of the people there do not want a roundabout. They do not understand how to use them and will do anything to try and stop it.
No crap our fearless leaders in Raleigh are putting them in everywhere (trying to be like Europe)...just so they can take them out in a few years to fix the traffic problems they cause. People around here cant even use their blinkers or figure out who goes at a 4 way stop. Hey but they have to spend that money that they are always short on. Just like replacing all the Highway signs. Those cost about 500 bucks a peice and were fine before they replaced them. They only put new ones up to toot their own horns about stimulous money being spent.
outraged

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

They need to recalculate the distance and time. There is only one entrance and one exit at the end of Old Mountain Rd. and Fuller Mill. Of course, according to the Highway Patrol, technically no one can come up or down Old Mountain Rd. The barricades are at each end and if you are caught going through them you will be issued a ticket. The trooper that stopped me this weekend informed me if the signs are up and saying the road is closed no matter if you live on the road or not, you can not go through that area. Someone needs to get on the ball, I went through the construction site this past weekend, the signs were sitting in people's yards or turned completely sideways. The site is in no way close to being done, I believe time is running out. They should allow the residents and emergency vehicles to access the road, if they can't do that they need to be done with it. For future references, news is not always the best way to get the word out, they should have notified every resident of the delays, and they need to open the road back up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Trinity Discussions

Search the Trinity Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr waco1909 54,884
Man Wanted for Gang-Related Murders in Los Ange... (Jun '09) Jun 23 Frank Verdin 49
Review: Amazing Grace Locksmith Inc Jun 21 Silence is golden 2
Handyman Jun 14 Jen 1
High Rock Lake Isn't Dangerous: NC Wildlife Off... (May '13) Jun 13 RCI 5
Breanna Thomas Jun 12 okay 2
kenny and joanna stapleton Jun 12 okay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Trinity Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000