TSF

Wilson, NC

#40644 Jun 25, 2013
Republikan Robert Brawley of Mooresville introduced a bill to raise the annual registration fee from $28 to $50.
The county property tax will also be added to your annual registration fee. That one has already been passed .
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Show me, I thought it was to combine "property and registration". Both of which you already pay. BTW, Stowe pegged you correctly.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40645 Jun 25, 2013
BS. You know as well as I that the work of the republican legislature is pushing legislation that lobbyist have written and paid for. Even middle class persons without money have the right to be represented in their state government . Representation is the objective of these clerics and geriatrics who are peacefully and legally assembled as provided in the US constitution. Protestors are being illegally arrested, detained and prosecuted by governor McCorey's state police. Why? Because they reveal the legislative bastards for the money whores they have become. God bless the protestors. They are the modern minute men of our USA.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>The arrests were for obstructing the work of the legislature. These 5000 protesters are a bunch of useful idiots bussed in by far left groups. NC has a population of over 9.5 million. 5000 is the best they can do?
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40646 Jun 25, 2013

Nonprofit linked to McCrory to host retreat for big donors

By John Frank
jfrank@newsobserver.com

Posted: Friday, Jun. 21, 2013

RALEIGH A private nonprofit formed to promote Gov. Pat McCrory’s agenda is hosting a $5,000-per-person retreat that features exclusive policy briefings with the governor just as the legislative session enters a crucial phase.

The two-day event, which starts Thursday, is expected to draw 100 to 150 corporate representatives and wealthy donors to the luxury Grandover Resort outside Greensboro.

South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley will join McCrory on the first day for a reception, dinner and forum. The second day’s agenda includes a session on state policy issues with McCrory and other civic and business leaders, according to a fundraising invitation.

The organization hosting the retreat is the Renew North Carolina Foundation, a group formed by McCrory allies shortly after his November election that recently rebranded itself and recruited new leadership.

Two tickets to the dinner with the governors cost $1,000. Two passes to the entire retreat cost $10,000. A yearlong membership in the foundation carries a $25,000 or $50,000 price tag, depending on

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/21/4...
Waco 1909

United States

#40647 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
Nonprofit linked to McCrory to host retreat for big donors
By John Frank
jfrank@newsobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Jun. 21, 2013
RALEIGH A private nonprofit formed to promote Gov. Pat McCrory’s agenda is hosting a $5,000-per-person retreat that features exclusive policy briefings with the governor just as the legislative session enters a crucial phase.
The two-day event, which starts Thursday, is expected to draw 100 to 150 corporate representatives and wealthy donors to the luxury Grandover Resort outside Greensboro.
South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley will join McCrory on the first day for a reception, dinner and forum. The second day’s agenda includes a session on state policy issues with McCrory and other civic and business leaders, according to a fundraising invitation.
The organization hosting the retreat is the Renew North Carolina Foundation, a group formed by McCrory allies shortly after his November election that recently rebranded itself and recruited new leadership.
Two tickets to the dinner with the governors cost $1,000. Two passes to the entire retreat cost $10,000. A yearlong membership in the foundation carries a $25,000 or $50,000 price tag, depending on
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/21/4...
. Sounds like a good deal to me ace. I'm going to contribute a few dollars myself. Not much, my new job here won't make me rich, but some.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40648 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikan Robert Brawley of Mooresville introduced a bill to raise the annual registration fee from $28 to $50.
The county property tax will also be added to your annual registration fee. That one has already been passed .
<quoted text>
"N.C. Rep. Robert Brawley of Mooresville is proposing a $50 increase in the cost of an annual vehicle registration in North Carolina as a way to increase highway funds – thereby generating enough money to widen I-77 without adding toll lanes.

Brawley told the Tribune that increasing the standard license tag renewal fee from $28 to $78 would create an additional half-billion dollars a year for road construction.

“Tolls are not the answer,” he said.“This is a better solution.”

Vallee Bubak, spokesperson for WidenNC.org , a citizens group that opposes high-occupancy toll lanes on I-77 but advocates the adding of general-purpose lanes, applauded Brawley’s proposal.

“It’s a logical way to fund the widening of our highways without resorting to toll lanes,” she said.“Everyone needs to know that the state plan is to build toll roads, and that I-77 is just the next step before moving to other corridors.”

Brawley said he isn’t likely to introduce his registration fee hike plan as a bill because the legislative session is about to end. Instead, he said,“I want the people who are negotiating the (state) budget to consider this during their negotiations.”

That’s a long shot, however, since the budget appears to be just days away from approval by the senate. A bill that would essentially pave the way for toll lanes on I-77 looks to be on track for approval, too, said N.C. Sen. David Curtis of Denver, whose district includes Iredell." So you have a problem paying once, instead of every time you use I-77? Again, a half truth, tell the entire story don't leave people to think it's just another tax.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40649 Jun 25, 2013
In a press release Brawley issued later Friday, he pointed out that taxpayers are “overwhelmingly” opposed to toll lanes.“The cost to use them is unaffordable for most people,” he said.“And they do not reduce congestion, but instead they actually increase traffic since HOT lanes take over existing HOV lanes.

“Furthermore, HOT lanes are known to push drivers off of the highways and onto neighborhood roads. I and many others are also concerned about the state being put in a position to buy-out private tolling companies when and if projects fail for a variety of reasons.”

Added Brawley,“Obviously the State of North Carolina has a road funding shortfall as a result of gas tax funds for many years being diverted for other uses besides roads. To make up for this shortfall, we’ve been told that there is no other option but to accept HOT lanes. I believe we do have another option…”

While proposing a $50 increase in annual vehicle registration costs, Brawley says the state should reduce annual vehicle inspections to every two years.“That would save drivers on average $14 dollars a year,” he said. That would lessen the pocketbook impact of the registration hike, he said, while still generating ample money for highway projects.

“That $50 dollars a year is money I’d rather see people keep,” he said of the registration increase.“However, compared to the options of not doing this,$50 a year will be a lot less than increased gas taxes or HOT lanes that cost the public and truckers thousands of dollars a year.

“An increase of $50 per year for each vehicle registration multiplied by the 8,740,023 vehicles registered in North Carolina today would generate approximately $437 million dollars a year for our road needs.”

Brawley did not say when he plans to formally present his plan to other lawmakers.

Emails to several area legislators -- including Curtis and House Speaker Thom Tillis of Cornelius -- seeking comment on Brawley's proposal were not immediately returned. The balance of article.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40650 Jun 25, 2013
TSF I'd sure rather pay an extra fifty dollars on my registration fee than pay a toll for years. Toll roads slow traffic, require toll road personnel to be hired, and discourage commercial traffic. Why did you not tell the whole story??
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#40651 Jun 25, 2013
They need to start forcing these freeloaders on welfare to work on maintaining these roads. Let them cut the grass and do manual labor for their checks. We also need to stop building road to nowhere. Just to satisfy over development.
Cortez

Vina Del Mar, Chile

#40652 Jun 25, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
TSF I'd sure rather pay an extra fifty dollars on my registration fee than pay a toll for years. Toll roads slow traffic, require toll road personnel to be hired, and discourage commercial traffic. Why did you not tell the whole story??
Damn bitch, you are one ugly MF! You need to change your nasty looking moniker picture before some innocent elderly person sees it and drops dead of a heart attack, not to mention scaring the children that have the misfortune of seeing it. I can't believe Topix hasn't flagged that grotesque abomination.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40653 Jun 25, 2013
Cortez wrote:
<quoted text>Damn bitch, you are one ugly MF! You need to change your nasty looking moniker picture before some innocent elderly person sees it and drops dead of a heart attack, not to mention scaring the children that have the misfortune of seeing it. I can't believe Topix hasn't flagged that grotesque abomination.
. Who said that was my picture? If you're looking for boyfriends try a gay forum. The picture is simply an avatar. I didn't think posting my real picture would be advisable, due to perverts like you.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40654 Jun 25, 2013
If you can afford $26,000 dollars to be a member but still be considered by the governor and his friends as a sub class Unser mensch, more power to you.
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. Sounds like a good deal to me ace. I'm going to contribute a few dollars myself. Not much, my new job here won't make me rich, but some.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40655 Jun 25, 2013
I don't drive on the I77 strip that would contain the toll road. Its closer and quicker for me to take US 321 to I 85. The whole story is that republikans are finding more and more ways to raise taxes . You voted for them, you deserve them. Send them extra money if you want. They need it so they can give more tax breaks to lawyers . Help out here friend.
waco1909 wrote:
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#40656 Jun 25, 2013
I have sat meeting were the pin heads in our government would throw away millions. Haft a mill on new office furniture that was not needed. 3 quarters of a mill for tools that was not needed. 2.8 mill on equipment that was never used then thrown on the scrap pile. So instead of putting 50 dollars on the registration or tolls let’s make them SOBs do their job. We pay these managers to manage the state we need to hold them to it or fire them.
The freeloaders voting these people in office like them because they get a free ride on our backs.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#40657 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
I don't drive on the I77 strip that would contain the toll road. Its closer and quicker for me to take US 321 to I 85. The whole story is that republikans are finding more and more ways to raise taxes . You voted for them, you deserve them. Send them extra money if you want. They need it so they can give more tax breaks to lawyers . Help out here friend.
<quoted text>
TSF you are a good example of a freeload that puts these people in office.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40658 Jun 25, 2013
Voting rights act struck down by the courts. Now the feds cannot interfere in state elections. This will give republikans a better chance to get those pesky minorities politicians out of office and back into chopping cotton .
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40659 Jun 25, 2013
Yes, and that's just the rich freeloaders. We just can no longer afford to allow these rich dandies and baby mommas to leach off the rest of us. Little Patrick McHenry spent millions of tax payer dollars refurbishing his office and then voted to cut grannys social security.
Taxpayer wrote:
I have sat meeting were the pin heads in our government would throw away millions. Haft a mill on new office furniture that was not needed. 3 quarters of a mill for tools that was not needed. 2.8 mill on equipment that was never used then thrown on the scrap pile. So instead of putting 50 dollars on the registration or tolls let’s make them SOBs do their job. We pay these managers to manage the state we need to hold them to it or fire them.
The freeloaders voting these people in office like them because they get a free ride on our backs.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40660 Jun 25, 2013
Wrong. I have paid out the yen yang in taxes over the years. I have probably paid more in taxes than your total lifetime earnings
before taxes. So don't hand me that . I want to cut out ALL welfare to the rich and poor. The only differenc is, I want to start by cutting the most expensive deadbeats first, the rich.
The sense of entitlement is more deeply imbedded in the minds of the pampered rich than in any baby momma queen you could find.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF you are a good example of a freeload that puts these people in office.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40661 Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for this correction. It is worse than I thought. The republikans are increasing your registration taxes by 268%. But since they are republikans , you think it is ok because paying 268% more taxes on registration is better than a sharp stick in the eye. Who can argue with that? The republikan attack on NC education has been very effective.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"N.C. Rep. Robert Brawley of Mooresville is proposing a $50 increase in the cost of an annual vehicle registration in North Carolina as a way to increase highway funds – thereby generating enough money to widen I-77 without adding toll lanes.
Brawley told the Tribune that increasing the standard license tag renewal fee from $28 to $78 would create an additional half-billion dollars a year for road construction.
“Tolls are not the answer,” he said.“This is a better solution.”
Vallee Bubak, spokesperson for WidenNC.org , a citizens group that opposes high-occupancy toll lanes on I-77 but advocates the adding of general-purpose lanes, applauded Brawley’s proposal.
“It’s a logical way to fund the widening of our highways without resorting to toll lanes,” she said.“Everyone needs to know that the state plan is to build toll roads, and that I-77 is just the next step before moving to other corridors.”
Brawley said he isn’t likely to introduce his registration fee hike plan as a bill because the legislative session is about to end. Instead, he said,“I want the people who are negotiating the (state) budget to consider this during their negotiations.”
That’s a long shot, however, since the budget appears to be just days away from approval by the senate. A bill that would essentially pave the way for toll lanes on I-77 looks to be on track for approval, too, said N.C. Sen. David Curtis of Denver, whose district includes Iredell." So you have a problem paying once, instead of every time you use I-77? Again, a half truth, tell the entire story don't leave people to think it's just another tax.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#40662 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes, and that's just the rich freeloaders. We just can no longer afford to allow these rich dandies and baby mommas to leach off the rest of us. Little Patrick McHenry spent millions of tax payer dollars refurbishing his office and then voted to cut grannys social security.
<quoted text>
Please provide the documentation for your rant, T.. Millions of dollars to redecorate a congressman's office? You are a laughable fool!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40663 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
If you can afford $26,000 dollars to be a member but still be considered by the governor and his friends as a sub class Unser mensch, more power to you.
<quoted text>
"Member"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fitness center near hpc Sat Jim 1
Fourth Teen Arrested in Skeet Club Grocery Shoo... (Nov '09) Sep '14 the one yall are ... 137
Randleman Elementary Principal Reassigned (Jul '10) Sep '14 Help Us 69
Elementary Principal Under Investigation for Po... (Jul '10) Sep '14 Help Needed 438
Man Faces 11 More Sexual Exploitation of a Chil... (Jun '10) Sep '14 madmother 87
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban Aug '14 may 5
Review: Tysinger Custom Neon Signs (Dec '13) Aug '14 timjohnson74656 2
Trinity Dating
Find my Match

Trinity Jobs

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trinity News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trinity

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]