Comments
34,861 - 34,880 of 55,937 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
waco1909

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36131
Feb 16, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
Mike I worked from the age of fifteen.I had no choice.I don't see how my situation was the fault of the government.I was expelled for fighting, for putting some school bully in the hospital.That was my fault.
Hey Mike,the school bully I put in the hospital thought she was a real tough kid.I showed her.I took my pom poms and beat that first grade little bitch to a pulp.She got the jump on me after she got out of the hospital by sucker punching my gonad.
Voltare

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36132
Feb 16, 2013
 
Ignore waco Gail.he thinks he's better than us, just because he doesn't have intimate relations with dogs, like we do.waco is a punk, doesn't he know that dogs need love too?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36133
Feb 16, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet their parents interest rates are a lot lower than what the bank would charge, smart business decision on their part!
Owners don't keep anyone in poverty, it's the lack of self responsibility that leads to poor decisions that keep people in poverty!
Living wage? I thought we were debating the minimum wage? You do know there's a difference, right?
We're not a third world country for a number of reasons. For one, we have a capitalist system where the free markets decide ones earnings. You act as if employers just roll the dice to determine ones wages! Two, the poor in this country live like kings as opposed to the poor in third world countries!.....free money, free food, free housing, free transportauon, etc....!
Yes, we are a rich nation, rich enough to take of the poor to a point to where most live off of the ones who do earn a living. The poor also has the Commucrats empathy, empathy they use to exploit the poor's situations in order to obtain their votes!
“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”
- Alexander Tytler 1787
I am sure the parents giving the money is costing the rich kid less. I guess you missed the Mitt Romney solution.
Risking your parents money is not really such a risk of a personal nature.

Many third world countries are of a capitalist nature.
America has resources that some countries do not have.
We can see from our own past history, without labor laws, our citizens will be like those of third world nations. Working eighteen hour days in bad conditions for extremely little pay.
Are you in denial of our history?
Do you dispute that before the government stepped in to defend the worker that businesses treated the worker in barbaric ways?
Do you dispute this was bad for the overall economy?

I see you think democracy is bad. Oh well, then go to some dictatorship and live.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36134
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of comp time? Most salaried people don't make time and a half, they're given comp time i.e. extra days off with pay. I was a salaried worker, made good money and was always satisfied with comp time. Who doesn't like extra days off with pay?
Then why is your friend bitching? By your reasoning, he should just do the work and shut the hell up.

I see you are still not answering the million dollar question. Why would the business not just hire upon getting a big new contract?
emlu

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36135
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm checking several leads.Before I give money and time, its wise to make sure its legit.
I thought you said you didn't have any money. Didn't you tell us all 2 days ago that you were in the trenches. You either have money or you don't. Which one is it.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36136
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of comp time? Most salaried people don't make time and a half, they're given comp time i.e. extra days off with pay. I was a salaried worker, made good money and was always satisfied with comp time. Who doesn't like extra days off with pay?
I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
I went a decade with not a single week off. I did manage to convince the boss to give me one day off that would have been a normal work day. Once in ten years. He acted as if I was taking advantage of him. It was nice to see the relatives and actually be there on the day of the wedding.

How dare I complain?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36137
Feb 16, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is your friend bitching? By your reasoning, he should just do the work and shut the hell up.
I see you are still not answering the million dollar question. Why would the business not just hire upon getting a big new contract?
Can you not read? I gave you the answer about why they didn't hire new worker. I guess he's bitching because when people are given the opportunity to increase their pay and don't want to do the work to do it, it can be frustrating to hear them bitch about not having enough money. Mike, get in the real world, it's called WORK for a reason, it's work. Do you think the owner of the company should just give them money and let them do nothing for it? He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36138
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to see is that he, as TSF put it in his example, was asked/told and willing to work. Instead of hiring new people for a new contract that depends on our government and well we know how that goes, he offered to give the extra work to those already working. Would if have been wiser to have hired new workers, making what those already there are and cut out extra money for those that were willing and wanted to work overtime or would it have been more prudent to make sure the government contract indeed stayed intact instead of maybe having to lay off new workers? I believe you will agree that when you deal with the government and the way they play willy nilly with contracts and the such, it's better to be safe than sorry.
I am confused. If the contract was not signed,why did he have to work more?
If you are going to lie about your story, at least try to make it have some sense.

So what if the workers did not want to do extra work? Maybe they do not need the extra money. Are you saying the employer should not pay them well so they must always take extra hours if he wants the to do so?
If your pal could handle the extra work, it does not sound like it was much extra work anyways. If he could do all this extra work, was his workload that small to start? Maybe Allen was right, he was just sitting around drinking coffee.

This contract does not sound so big, nor sounds like a contract.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36139
Feb 16, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
I went a decade with not a single week off. I did manage to convince the boss to give me one day off that would have been a normal work day. Once in ten years. He acted as if I was taking advantage of him. It was nice to see the relatives and actually be there on the day of the wedding.
How dare I complain?
Here, this might help you:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8581656_exempt-emplo...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36140
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? I gave you the answer about why they didn't hire new worker. I guess he's bitching because when people are given the opportunity to increase their pay and don't want to do the work to do it, it can be frustrating to hear them bitch about not having enough money. Mike, get in the real world, it's called WORK for a reason, it's work. Do you think the owner of the company should just give them money and let them do nothing for it? He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job.
I do not recall the claim of bitching about making extra money and not taking the extra hours. I recall the claim of they should help the business.
You said they get paid well. So if they get paid so well, I doubt they would really be bitching about not getting paid enough.
Maybe what you think is good pay is not good pay?

Your story is full of holes.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36141
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
I went a decade with not a single week off. I did manage to convince the boss to give me one day off that would have been a normal work day. Once in ten years. He acted as if I was taking advantage of him. It was nice to see the relatives and actually be there on the day of the wedding.
How dare I complain?
how tough was prison?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36142
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? I gave you the answer about why they didn't hire new worker. I guess he's bitching because when people are given the opportunity to increase their pay and don't want to do the work to do it, it can be frustrating to hear them bitch about not having enough money. Mike, get in the real world, it's called WORK for a reason, it's work. Do you think the owner of the company should just give them money and let them do nothing for it? He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job.
"He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job."

I seriously doubt these people do not appreciate their job. And complaining once in a while does not mean you have no appreciation for your job. So black and white aren't we?

Have you ever once complained about something at your job? Did it mean you had no appreciation for your job? Should you have been fired for that complaint? Get real. You live in la la land.

I am sure if the boss fired everyone for not working overtime and complaining a bit, he would not be in business very long. Clearly you have never run a business.

People complain, welcome to humanity. I am pretty sure we all are complaining daily on Topix.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36143
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Emlu, when did you move to the UK? You should have told me! Gail has been sending me all the money she's made from her prostitution work! She made three hundred dollars in five years! I'm donating it to"lobby reform in America"!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36144
Feb 16, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am confused. If the contract was not signed,why did he have to work more?
If you are going to lie about your story, at least try to make it have some sense.
So what if the workers did not want to do extra work? Maybe they do not need the extra money. Are you saying the employer should not pay them well so they must always take extra hours if he wants the to do so?
If your pal could handle the extra work, it does not sound like it was much extra work anyways. If he could do all this extra work, was his workload that small to start? Maybe Allen was right, he was just sitting around drinking coffee.
This contract does not sound so big, nor sounds like a contract.
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36145
Feb 16, 2013
 
oops, didn't say the contract wasn't signed, your words.....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36146
Feb 16, 2013
 
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do not recall the claim of bitching about making extra money and not taking the extra hours. I recall the claim of they should help the business.
You said they get paid well. So if they get paid so well, I doubt they would really be bitching about not getting paid enough.
Maybe what you think is good pay is not good pay?
Your story is full of holes.
No, you're full of sh$t. You're telling me about running a business and never heard of comp time. RIGHT!!! Tell me some more what I don't know dummy head.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36147
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, this might help you:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8581656_exempt-emplo...
Ok so this shows me all of my overtime worked that equaled to be less than minimum wage was legal for my employer to do.
Of course the employer is likely to take advantage of his employees if he can. This is why we have to have labor laws. Yet you republicans bitch about them all.

So if in your example the buddy of yours did get comp time, what is the problem other than the company could have hired someone to help and thus helped the economy?
Oh, that is right, you just are upset someone ever complained about something. Get real.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36148
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
oops, didn't say the contract wasn't signed, your words.....
So if no contract, why more work?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36149
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're full of sh$t. You're telling me about running a business and never heard of comp time. RIGHT!!! Tell me some more what I don't know dummy head.
Comp time is not manditory. No need to know. I never ran a business on my own. Ever heard of a team? I never employed anyone on a salary.
You keep trying to make this all personal. Stick to the points and substance and stay out of my business.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36150
Feb 16, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.
I think working people overtime costs more than hiring new people. So I am not sure why you assume some wrongdoings are going down if we do not do what you think should be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Trinity Discussions

Search the Trinity Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Faces 11 More Sexual Exploitation of a Chil... (Jun '10) Jul 21 former RES student 86
Pastor Ronald Diggs (Feb '10) Jul 18 Member 45
Items Kept Vanishing From Their Infant Son's Gr... Jul 13 Angel 1
Man Wanted for Gang-Related Murders in Los Ange... (Jun '09) Jun '14 Frank Verdin 49
Review: Amazing Grace Locksmith Inc Jun '14 Silence is golden 2
Handyman Jun '14 Jen 1
High Rock Lake Isn't Dangerous: NC Wildlife Off... (May '13) Jun '14 RCI 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Trinity Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Trinity News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trinity
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••