Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35546 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> There are bigots who don't believe in GOD who are against gays .I do not believe that because I believe in GOD, its my duty to HATE! Can't you understand that? I don't hate gays, don't support job discrimination against them, If they want to get married, so what? Being a Christian does not mean that I hate anyone, just the opposite.
Lets try this again sans the insults.

Seeing that you are not one of the Christians that hate homosexuals, maybe you would be the best candidate to explain why so many Christians do show hate for homosexuals and vote against them to marry?
wondering

Greenville, SC

#35547 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Cowboys Stadium filled with thousands mourning Chris Kyle, murdered by fellow veteran at Texas gunrange...former SEAL sniper known for helping vets with PTSD...and the beat goes on....
waco 1909 take your dumb ass to hell. who do you think you are tryin to set up some chick with a choco ball. you best be glad your ass is in houston.
Voltare

Greenville, SC

#35548 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Cowboys Stadium filled with thousands mourning Chris Kyle, murdered by fellow veteran at Texas gunrange...former SEAL sniper known for helping vets with PTSD...and the beat goes on....
how many plane tickets does it take to ship your love interest to houston. to accommodate her big ass it takes two. you are a punk bitch waco

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35549 Feb 11, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>He's probably one of the smartest people on here in the fact that he gets it, he sees the big picture, and it appears he hasn't been indoctrinated. You guys call him names because he doesn't conform to your beliefs but the reality is its you who has had the wool pulled over your eyes and its Taxpayer who is more often than not correct. So yes, I'm proud to have him on my side. When shit hits the fan, he'll be the one who's ready and laughing while saying "I told you so!"
"When shit hits the fan?" Go hide in your bunker with Taxpayer. You guys are so damned paranoid it would be laughable if it were not so sad.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35550 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Lets try this again sans the insults.
Seeing that you are not one of the Christians that hate homosexuals, maybe you would be the best candidate to explain why so many Christians do show hate for homosexuals and vote against them to marry?
Mike, First, your basic premise may be flawed.if a Christian person votes against gay marriage, does it follow that that person"hates"gays? Oddly enough, I know a person, who hates gays...but that person....is gay....self hatred is the purest form of hate?....there are a lot of Christians who don't identify themselves as the"religious right", or even, as republicans.I know several Christians who will vote"FOR"gay marriage...but, and I'm only guessing here, I'd say that genuine members of the"religious right"believe that gay marriage, is wrong according to their religious beliefs.Its dangerous to attempt to categorize people, however.Have I answered your question?

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35551 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>
Well clearly Jesus had it wrong then, correct? An eye for an eye is to extreme, just as turning the other cheek is to extreme. Obviously this shows the supposed gods had it wrong. Does that mean they are not gods? It woud certainly appear so. This is evidence against the existence of your god in a philosophical manner.
I don't think Jesus had it wrong Michael.I think, the problem lies within myself.If I were less a prisoner of my own anger, i'm sure my life would be greatly improved.I can aspire to be as Jesus was, but that is forever beyond me, my road lies in the attempt, the effort, to be a better person..

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35552 Feb 11, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
waco 1909 take your dumb ass to hell. who do you think you are tryin to set up some chick with a choco ball. you best be glad your ass is in houston.
Good sense, innocence, cripple mankind...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35553 Feb 11, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Obama at?
In a galaxy far, far away...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35554 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Any object is essentially"information ".And its permanent.For instance, when I die, the atoms and molecules will still be in existence, they aren't going anywhere.It was postulated that matter"information"g oing into a black hole simply went out of existence.But physicists hated that answer, they had always thought that"information"was permanent.So a theory was developed that explains what actually happens to the matter when it enters the black hole.Very complicated,I thought maybe you could explain it better than me, it has to do with Stephen Hawking, another physicist whose name I can't recall, and how Hawking changed his theory on this problem.
And a soul is not an object.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35555 Feb 11, 2013
Voltare wrote:
<quoted text>
how many plane tickets does it take to ship your love interest to houston. to accommodate her big ass it takes two. you are a punk bitch waco
Turn on, tune in, drop out.....

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35556 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think Jesus had it wrong Michael.I think, the problem lies within myself.If I were less a prisoner of my own anger, i'm sure my life would be greatly improved.I can aspire to be as Jesus was, but that is forever beyond me, my road lies in the attempt, the effort, to be a better person..
There may be a time and situation to turn the other cheek, but it is not good to do in all situations.
To claim this is how one should act in all situations is reckless.
I know of no Christians who devoutly practice this, yet it is one of Jesus' most famous lines.
Christians often tell us about how homosexuality is an abomination, yet Jesus never said this, nor did he ever say anything about homosexuality as far as we know by the bible.

Maybe you should turn the other cheek more often, as it does seem you are not good at ever doing it. It is as if you completely ignore the advice of your god.
It amazes me how those who claim to believe in this god refuse to comply with his wishes.

I am for moderation.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35557 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>There may be a time and situation to turn the other cheek, but it is not good to do in all situations.
To claim this is how one should act in all situations is reckless.
I know of no Christians who devoutly practice this, yet it is one of Jesus' most famous lines.
Christians often tell us about how homosexuality is an abomination, yet Jesus never said this, nor did he ever say anything about homosexuality as far as we know by the bible.
Maybe you should turn the other cheek more often, as it does seem you are not good at ever doing it. It is as if you completely ignore the advice of your god.
It amazes me how those who claim to believe in this god refuse to comply with his wishes.
I am for moderation.
Your observation is correct Mike, I should turn the other cheek more often, it does seem that I am not good,"at ever doing that", but, be that as it may, I will continue, to attempt that thing, but as they say, we all have our cross to bear, anger is mine.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35558 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, First, your basic premise may be flawed.if a Christian person votes against gay marriage, does it follow that that person"hates"gays? Oddly enough, I know a person, who hates gays...but that person....is gay....self hatred is the purest form of hate?....there are a lot of Christians who don't identify themselves as the"religious right", or even, as republicans.I know several Christians who will vote"FOR"gay marriage...but, and I'm only guessing here, I'd say that genuine members of the"religious right"believe that gay marriage, is wrong according to their religious beliefs.Its dangerous to attempt to categorize people, however.Have I answered your question?
Well, I did not say all who vote against gay marriage is a hater of homosexuals, but I am sure many of them are.
I do not dispute most of your claims here, but it does seem pretty clear, the religious right is against gay marriage and they put themselves in that catigory.
Sadly, even many on the religious left also vote against gay marriage due to their religious beliefs.

The clear trend is, the religious often vote against gay marriage due to their Christian religious beliefs.

This is a clear cause and effect situtation, so why keep acting as if they are not related?

You are for gay marriage, correct? If so, then why do you think so many of your religion think you are on the wrong side of this issue in a religious sense or otherwise?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35559 Feb 11, 2013
So the Pope is resigning. I wonder why? Do I believe it is for the reason he claims? No. I have little trust in the words of this person.

And really, if he is the true prophet of a god, does it make sense the god does not help his health? There has not been a Pope to resign in about a thousand years.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35560 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your observation is correct Mike, I should turn the other cheek more often, it does seem that I am not good,"at ever doing that", but, be that as it may, I will continue, to attempt that thing, but as they say, we all have our cross to bear, anger is mine.
Glad to hear you will make an attempt to follow the words of your god for a change.
I only say this to illustrate the point that it is as if those who believe, really do not believe that much, or so it appears.
Now if you could only address all those points I made?
Arjay

Las Vegas, NV

#35561 Feb 11, 2013
600 years cumquat,

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35562 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I did not say all who vote against gay marriage is a hater of homosexuals, but I am sure many of them are.
I do not dispute most of your claims here, but it does seem pretty clear, the religious right is against gay marriage and they put themselves in that catigory.
Sadly, even many on the religious left also vote against gay marriage due to their religious beliefs.
The clear trend is, the religious often vote against gay marriage due to their Christian religious beliefs.
This is a clear cause and effect situtation, so why keep acting as if they are not related?
You are for gay marriage, correct? If so, then why do you think so many of your religion think you are on the wrong side of this issue in a religious sense or otherwise?
My religion?....I'm the only one...with MY RELIGION...do you understand?

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35563 Feb 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, First, your basic premise may be flawed.if a Christian person votes against gay marriage, does it follow that that person"hates"gays? Oddly enough, I know a person, who hates gays...but that person....is gay....self hatred is the purest form of hate?....there are a lot of Christians who don't identify themselves as the"religious right", or even, as republicans.I know several Christians who will vote"FOR"gay marriage...but, and I'm only guessing here, I'd say that genuine members of the"religious right"believe that gay marriage, is wrong according to their religious beliefs.Its dangerous to attempt to categorize people, however.Have I answered your question?
The fact that many Christian homosexuals hate themselves for being homosexual is a big problem.
Their religion has convinced them that they are evil. This is absolutely insane. Further evidence the bible is not of gods or no god may even exist.

Often these people try to marry with the opposing sex and this usually leads to a seriously dysfunctional family situation.
Often the spouse feels they should not divorce them due to the commands of the bible, so they live in this dysfunctional situation and live their lives unhappy as a result through no fault of their own.

Many homosexual kids who are told they are evil for being so often commit suicide. This is a serious problem I feel I should not turn the other cheek towards. I am not a homosexual, but I have empathy towards their situation and hope to help fix the situation. One way I feel I can do this is to point out the god they look to is a myth, thus not to be taken as absolute truth, thus they are not evil.

Now can you understand why I oppose religion?

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35565 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that many Christian homosexuals hate themselves for being homosexual is a big problem.
Their religion has convinced them that they are evil. This is absolutely insane. Further evidence the bible is not of gods or no god may even exist.
Often these people try to marry with the opposing sex and this usually leads to a seriously dysfunctional family situation.
Often the spouse feels they should not divorce them due to the commands of the bible, so they live in this dysfunctional situation and live their lives unhappy as a result through no fault of their own.
Many homosexual kids who are told they are evil for being so often commit suicide. This is a serious problem I feel I should not turn the other cheek towards. I am not a homosexual, but I have empathy towards their situation and hope to help fix the situation. One way I feel I can do this is to point out the god they look to is a myth, thus not to be taken as absolute truth, thus they are not evil.
Now can you understand why I oppose religion?
Your opposition, should be to"organized"religio n.Where religion is a"business".I haven't gone into a church in thirteen years.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35566 Feb 11, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
So the Pope is resigning. I wonder why? Do I believe it is for the reason he claims? No. I have little trust in the words of this person.
And really, if he is the true prophet of a god, does it make sense the god does not help his health? There has not been a Pope to resign in about a thousand years.
I'm not a Catholic.I don't think a guy in a funny should be worshiped.Can't recall where it said in the Bible that the only way to the FATHER is through the guy in a funny hat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Autism Family support group (free) 5 hr Anita 2
Furniture Wholesale 6 hr MillyT 1
Stupid Shopper Behavior 16 hr Ha Ha Ha Ha 2
News N.C. town sued over sculpture of soldier with c... Jun 29 Spotted Girl 3
Fed up cyclist Jun 28 biracialscooter 3
News Man Wanted for Gang-Related Murders in Los Ange... (Jun '09) Jun 26 Nancy 50
Stop Sexual Harassment (Sep '13) Jun 25 biracialscooter 6
More from around the web

Trinity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Trinity Mortgages