Teen Fatal Crashes More Than Double In Davidson County

Dec 1, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFMY 2 Greensboro

“Anger because they're not getting the message. These kids are not understanding that death does occur when not driving properly and speed's involved. The chances they're taking are just too high.”

Troopers say speed is to blame for a crash that killed a 16-year-old in Randolph County. via WFMY 2 Greensboro

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2008
Gary Benfield

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Travis was my wonderful loving child. There was another car behind him on that horrible morning. The driver of that car states that he was driving 45 and Travis was not leaving him. The biggest problem where Travis wrecked is, that the pavement dropped off right after the white line on the sides of the road in this curve. If you do not move over to the edge, cars on the other side will cross the yellow line in the middle. This road is narrow and the edges dropped off. My wife and I finally were able to visit this spot last Saturaday. The county or state or who ever has now came through and put gravel on both sides of this road for about 100 feet. It would have been nice if they could have done this a month or more ago. I hate that it took my child's life to get someone's attention to a road that has had more than its share of wrecks. This road has been this way for the past 25 years or more as I have lived in this area all my life and no one seems to care about the status of this road. I hate that it takes the loss of a life as it does in most cases with the roads in the state of North Carolina before anything gets done and then as the same in this case, they blame it on someone or something else. I hope that someone will look at this road before the 200 or more homes are completed that will be built where the Spillman's farm was located and the traffic that will be added to this same area. Being that this is an election year, I think that the people in the state of North Carolina need to think about issues such as this when we choose the people to represent us as to how things are taken care of in this state.
Teresa Matthews

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Mrs. Benfield Im so sorry for your loss i so know how it feels to lose a loved one. And yes they need to pay more attention about the way this state takes care of the roads and other things around here and stop worring about who will be in office. it was sad that you lost your son due to a road that could have been fixed years ago. Remember god is always with you, and so is your son.

You are in my prayers,

Teresa Matthews

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr Franklin 58,264
Review: Tysinger Custom Neon Signs (Dec '13) Aug 19 timjohnson74656 2
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban Aug 14 Belle Sexton 4
Looking for old friend Aug 12 TerriRich 1
Debate: Marijuana - High Point, NC (Aug '10) Aug 6 chris 20
Why are dr.'s office staff so rude? (Aug '09) Aug 6 soh 27
Man Faces 11 More Sexual Exploitation of a Chil... (Jun '10) Jul '14 former RES student 86

Search the Trinity Forum:
•••
•••
Trinity Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trinity Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••