2007 Toys for Tots campaign opens in Lake, Sumter, Marion

Nov 5, 2007 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

The 2007 Toys for Tots campaign is under way nationwide and in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties.

Residents can apply for toys through the Department of Children and Families offices at 1300 Duncan Drive, Tavares, call 352-742-6144, or at 601 W. Gulf Highway, Wildwood.

Once DCF receives applications, they are forwarded to the local Toys for Tots facility, where the toy orders are filled.

Applications will be available starting Thursday and will be accepted through Dec. 15.

The Toys for Tots Warehouse in Leesburg will be open from 9 a.m. to noon Fridays and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily starting Nov. 16. The phone number is 352-360-0375. Read more

Full Story
Neighbor

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2007
There are two families in our neighborhood. Both took part in this program. One has a dad and husband who is a well paid truck driver. The mom lied about her application and got several bags full of nice new toys and a bike.<p>

The other family, a single mom with three kids and currently no income at all, got nothing but a couple of used things. Not sure how that was allowed, but when she got there, someone else was accidentally given the toys for her children. The workers told her that they would throw something together. They did. It was used stuff including a couple of beat up old teddy bears.<p>

How do they screen the applicants for toys for tots. And I am not sure it was this exact one, but it WAS in Leesburg.
miss

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Just wanna say thank you so much for all that you have done for my families & all the others in need!! We appreciate everything you have done. To some people it may seem like nothing but to us it was ALOT!! Thank you so much!! Merry Christmas 2 Everyone & Again Thank You All!! I Thank God & Am So Blessed 2 Have Toys 4 Tots!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hollywood Smile Center (Mar '14) 21 hr cheryl 9
Has anyone lived at Savannah Cove apartments, T... (Aug '07) Tue happycamper 22
Debate: Marijuana - Palm Harbor, FL (Aug '10) Oct 19 Ana teresa 20
Any housewives home and lonely? Oct 16 Outside-the-box 1
Is Newport Richey a good place to live? (Sep '11) Oct 15 mark 26
slam Oct 14 YeetYeet 1
Dumping in wellhead Oct 13 DocRoc 5
Trinity Dating
Find my Match

Trinity Jobs