Woman dies in car crash

Posted in the Trinidad Forum

anonamous

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 7, 2008
Woman dies in car crash
By TAMMY ALHADEF
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
VALDEZ - A single vehicle crash left a Trinidad woman dead early Sunday morning, 12 miles east of Trinidad.
According to the Colorado State Patrol, Valerie Martinez, 43, was driving east on Colorado 12 in a 1977 Ford F250 pickup truck when she failed to negotiate a slight curve to the left and ran off the right side of the roadway.
Martinez overcorrected to the left and collided with a guardrail. The truck rolled once, ejecting Martinez before coming to rest on its wheels in a ditch, facing southwest. The truck was not equipped with air bags and Martinez was not wearing a seat belt when the accident occurred.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 5:30 a.m. by Las Animas County Coroner Rob Bukovic.
The accident remains under investigation.
Lauren Martinez

Longmont, CO

#2 Jan 4, 2009
R.I.P. Valerie martinez 02/28/65-07/06/08
She was loved and will be missed by everyone.
I miss you my love, my wife and my best friend
Lauren Martinez
old neighbor

New Bremen, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2009
I did not know about Valerie's passing until I read the Chronicle News today and was shocked when I saw her photo. She became a very good friend of mine when we were neighbors on Waverly. I was so sad to read the paper today and just find out now. I moved over 11 years ago from that neighborhood but we had many laughs together while I was there with my son. I am so sorry. I remember Cisco and her daughter and I think Roxane who was the little baby at the time. Again I am sorry to have read that today.

Christine F

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trinidad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for Jan '16 the one looking 1
What does ado fee mean? Jan '16 Triniman3 1
wanting to move to trinidad (Dec '15) Dec '15 shaggy 3
News Better weather, but wind and road problems pers... (Nov '15) Dec '15 ANNETTE MURDERED 2
my bro (Dec '15) Dec '15 shaggy 1
john hughes (Dec '15) Dec '15 shaggy 1
This Is just not rite... People of Trinidad, Co... (Feb '14) Dec '15 shaggy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trinidad Mortgages