Diocese should release details on church closures

We would like to see Matt Kerr, Diocese of Allentown spokesman, spin this. He said that St. Full Story
eights and aces

Coopersburg, PA

#1 Jul 7, 2008
the pope would like to have your request in latin, preferably in triplicate. Oh, and there's just a small fee involved for you to get an answer which you won't like anyway. but feel free...........
Lola

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jul 7, 2008
It is wrong to upset soooo many lives (church closings) and then NOT give reasons why some churches were closed.

What would Jesus do?(;-))))
Lola

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jul 7, 2008
To be honest....I don't think I could belong to a church where I was "dictated to"....and then not given reasons WHY something (especially such a major decision) was done.

Granted...worshipping God is what is most central. But you are dealing with people...and they have hearts and souls. What the diocese has done....will affect many lives.
Notorious Deuce Dropper

Scranton, PA

#4 Jul 7, 2008
Do you really expect clear and honest communication from the Catholic church??
Don Schenk

Allentown, PA

#5 Jul 7, 2008
Do you go to Mass?
In the Diocese of Allentown every Sunday the church bulletins list the previous week's income and expenses. Once a year, as required by Canon Law, the parishes release a yearly audit performed by an outside auditing firm.
If you're not aware of this, why not?
captain lightning

Allentown, PA

#6 Jul 7, 2008
Don Schenk wrote:
Do you go to Mass?
In the Diocese of Allentown every Sunday the church bulletins list the previous week's income and expenses. Once a year, as required by Canon Law, the parishes release a yearly audit performed by an outside auditing firm.
If you're not aware of this, why not?
Are you saying, then, that it all comes down to money? That the parishioners and their families, their histories and connections to a particular church, their dedication to building and supporting it are worthless in the face of a better balance sheet for the Diocese?
the heirarchy

Kingston, PA

#7 Jul 7, 2008
hey, eights and aces: messing with the wrong people here...a few of us on this case just happen to be Latin scholars...and some of us travel frequently to Rome...one of us was actually born there...so mock us all you want. May the Spirit rest upon you and give you peace!
the heirarchy

Kingston, PA

#8 Jul 7, 2008
Schenk: Again, you pose questions without merit or application where others actually live. In the Schuylkill deanery, where my friends reside,all is kept top secret; especially the music man's salary on GHM. Talk about common thieves! Why should they put this info in the bulletin? Are you serious? And let unsuspecting pawns in on their biggggg secret? Our parishes sustained themselves for over a hundred years. Now, all of a sudden, there's no money? Now, WHY do you think that is? Ask the CEO in A'town and the VF in Schuylkill.
the heirarchy

Kingston, PA

#9 Jul 7, 2008
To Captain Lightning: You got it. Souls don't matter; traditions don't matter; family roots don't matter; ethnic identity doesn't matter---ONLY THE GREEN STUFF MATTERS TO THESE SHEPHERDS AND PASTORS. We are robbed blind, and we weep. God sees all.
No Choice

Fleetwood, PA

#10 Jul 7, 2008
Ss. Peter & Paul-Tower City-Priest was question and asked for copies of the minutes of meeting, income and expense report. I should get copy of the minutes--three weeks ago,NOT also
income and expense-I was told No-on
the income and expense report--What is the cover-up there.

FYI-BishopAccountability.org -Diocese of Allentown--17-accused priest-no settlement fee was disclosed.
the heirarchy

Kingston, PA

#11 Jul 8, 2008
No Choice: We need to know what they are covering up and why. If the process and the synod guidelines were followed, why all the secrecy? The diocese should refrain from closing our beloved parishes until all this information is provided to ALL of us--not merely the two hand-selected "yes people" (synod reps).
ALL SAINTS

Kingston, PA

#12 Jul 8, 2008
The coal region awaits, Mr. Kerr, Your Excellency....we want OUR building studies....the press will welcome them. You say a Private Individual paid for them? Hmmmmmm? The press awaits the unraveling of this mystery.
ALL SAINTS

Kingston, PA

#13 Jul 10, 2008
Why so silent, Mr. Kerr?????
M Jones

Coopersburg, PA

#14 Jul 10, 2008
Nothing surprises me anymore with the RCC. It's an organization that covers up everything: it's involvment with Hitler, the sexual abuse of young boys, and now with its money.

The shame is that so many people have spent their hard-earned money on this church and what do they get out of it?
Carrie DONCSECZ

AOL

#15 Jul 20, 2008
Ok where do I start... First of all I think this whole CLOSING of churches thing is RIDICULOUS and DOWNRIGHT STUPID! and UNFAIR.. What makes me write hoping this will get published is... Well I took a walk on Saturday about 330-4 oclock to St Cyril and Methodious which is now, The INCARNATION of the LORD.. and took a glimpse of all the people.. looked around and got butterflies in my stomach! How can this actually be happening. This church is old, outdated, NOT handicapped accessible. and MOST of all NO PARKING - I saw numerous people circling the area a few times looking for somewhere to park - how annoying... So.. I took a few pictures for memories, then continued on inside to grab a church bulletin. Oh to what a surprise I though, The Bulletin reads... There is additional parking at St Joseph's church parking lot, which is 3 block away! Why did they close this church to begin with KNOWING-- they have all the necessities to run properly? wow what do they expect the elderly to walk 3 blocks in the hot and humid weather. Do they want to have mass or are they are looking for funerals. I am angry.. They closed St Joseph's parish and why? they have all the seating, parking, handicapped equipped, a full in force working kitchen...a BEAUTIFUL building, NOT RUSTED all over that to my opinion looks unsafe. Not a place where I would go to PRAY.. My grandparents are probably rolling over in there graves right now GOD REST THERE SOULS... I cant believe this is actually happening. and think it needs to be looked at again and someone in a higher power needs to make REAL decision!!! Not someone that is going out of the Diocese next year! what does he have to worry about? Not a DARN thing..

SINCERELY YOURS
CARRIE ANNE DONCSECZ
DAUGHTER OF CHARLES DONCSECZ
GRANDDAUGHTER OF MARY AND CHARLES DONCSECZ!!!

XX2UNIQUE4UZXX@AOL.COM

Since: Oct 08

Pottsville, PA

#16 Jan 26, 2009
You need to grow up. The "music man" as you call him does a lot for that church, not just music. Plus, does anyone ask you your salary? I was one of the members of the Synod committee that so many of you are bashing on here and I really do not appreciate it. If you would have put the same effort into your churches as you put into trying and stirring hate maybe the churches would not have closed. Everyone is an expert when it comes to talk but when it comes to the work and volunteering then everyone is too busy. Stop being an armchair quarterback, especially since you don't have a clue as to what you are speaking about.
the heirarchy wrote:
Schenk: Again, you pose questions without merit or application where others actually live. In the Schuylkill deanery, where my friends reside,all is kept top secret; especially the music man's salary on GHM. Talk about common thieves! Why should they put this info in the bulletin? Are you serious? And let unsuspecting pawns in on their biggggg secret? Our parishes sustained themselves for over a hundred years. Now, all of a sudden, there's no money? Now, WHY do you think that is? Ask the CEO in A'town and the VF in Schuylkill.

Since: Oct 08

Pottsville, PA

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Last I checked All Saints was in McAdoo, not Mountain Top. Why so afraid to put the correct town? I know why because all you do is hide and try and get innocent people to do your dirty work. You pick unsuspecting people, twist the truth and then stand back and watch the mess. You should be ashamed of yourself.
ALL SAINTS wrote:
The coal region awaits, Mr. Kerr, Your Excellency....we want OUR building studies....the press will welcome them. You say a Private Individual paid for them? Hmmmmmm? The press awaits the unraveling of this mystery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tresckow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Two Guys Pizzeria 3 hr good news 20
Slimmer in jail... again 3 hr good news 4
RIP Michael McKinney 6 hr Night Owl 1
Tom Chirico fired by HASB 6 hr Night Owl 3
Officials Check Railroad Crossing Safety Sat early bird 5
Hazleton's Bridge to Nowhere Fri Great White Hunter 3
A Very Special Burning Christmas (Dec '11) Fri Great White Hunter 21
Tresckow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tresckow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tresckow News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tresckow

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:38PM
You miss DeSean Jackson now, Philadelphia Eagles?
Bleacher Report 6:45 PM
Eagles Should Turn to Matt Barkley in Week 17 If Playoffs out of Question
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Despite Win Redskins' D Still Major Problem
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Washington
ESPN 8:51 PM
Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D