15-year-old killed in fall from downt...

15-year-old killed in fall from downtown Hyatt

There are 134 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Jan 15, 2012, titled 15-year-old killed in fall from downtown Hyatt. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

The boy, from Whitewright, landed on the second-floor atrium of the Hyatt Regency Hotel about 9:15 p.m. and died on impact, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Elephant in the room

Denton, TX

#126 Jul 1, 2012
Was there any type of law inforcement investigation in this tragedy?
Why did this child choose to die?
Did he truly commit suicide or was he literally pushed over the edge by some secret trauma in his life?
Was he bullied or abused?
Was he gay?
Was he living with some kind of guilt or remorse? Mentally ill?
What could have given him the idea that being with "his heavenly Father" was a better choice than life? I thought Christians believed that suicide was the unpardonable sin.
Odd that no one seems to be perturbed enough to want to know WHY.
Not trying to be callus or cruel. Am trying to find closure.
Tanner Caraway

United States

#127 Jul 2, 2012
Hello everyone, first i would like to thank you all for your prayers and support of the Kelley family. I'm a resident of Whitewright and I am a close friend of Jordan's and his family. Our little town was rocked by the tragedy and still have wounds healing. I had the privilege of knowing Jordan all through my life. i regularly attended church with him and got to know him as one of my dearest friends. i thank God that i know his soul is in the hands of the creator of us all. Jordan did give his life to christ at Falls Creek youth camp in the summer of 2010. i was present at his baptism and saw a light in his eyes that burned brightly from then on. He was a changed young man who lived for Christ through all of his actions. I had the pleasure of being in our high school presentation of Sweeney Todd with him. I remember all of the late night practices that we attended and all of the blood sweat and tears we put into that show. When the incident occurred we were in progress of rehearsing for our next show and it truly shook me to my core. I was at a friends house when i got the news and immediately called his cell phone. I didnt believe that this was true. Thirty calls later i knew. I was called to be a Pall Bearer at his funeral and I didnt truly have what had happened impact me until i placed my boutonniere on his casket. Ive wept with the family and felt the pain of a grieving friend, and i cant imagine the pain the Kelley family feels. I love them all dearly and will be here for them in this trying time. Please offer your support for the Kelley's through prayer. Thank you all.
Sincerely-
Tanner R. Caraway
Tanner Caraway

United States

#128 Jul 2, 2012
Jordan was not Gay, he had no trauma from his personal life. He was always the young man who smiled and made all others smile. Jordan was the last person anyone would expect to make a decision such as this. Yes he was Christian, but suicide is not unpardonable. This young man believed in Christ and accepted him as his savior. As it says in John 10:28 "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand." Even though he may have taken his own life there is no sin unforgivable.
Sad I was present

United States

#129 Oct 2, 2012
The fact that the question of being gay came up is unfortunate. It DOES NOT MATTER what Jordan's sexual orientation was. What is unfortunate is that something occurred in his life that made him feel suicide was the only option. Not only did he end his life, he also completely altered the life of the following: his parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, teachers, classmates, sibling's classmates, parent's co-workers, his beta sponsor and fellow beta members, all beta convention attendees throughout Texas, tennis athletes......the list is endless....it would be nice to believe that if Jordan Luke Kelley saw this list he would make a different choice....but he was an intelligent, yet troubled, young man. I believe that he knew exactly what he was doing, especially considering the very public way he chose to end his life.
Wwisd student

Bonham, TX

#130 Oct 11, 2012
Would this be Jordan Kelly?
Lilex

Bonham, TX

#131 Oct 11, 2012
Sad I was present wrote:
The fact that the question of being gay came up is unfortunate. It DOES NOT MATTER what Jordan's sexual orientation was. What is unfortunate is that something occurred in his life that made him feel suicide was the only option. Not only did he end his life, he also completely altered the life of the following: his parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, teachers, classmates, sibling's classmates, parent's co-workers, his beta sponsor and fellow beta members, all beta convention attendees throughout Texas, tennis athletes......the list is endless....it would be nice to believe that if Jordan Luke Kelley saw this list he would make a different choice....but he was an intelligent, yet troubled, young man. I believe that he knew exactly what he was doing, especially considering the very public way he chose to end his life.
it even changed the lives of his best friend's siblings. He was... Very important to everyone.
Sick of Godbots

San Diego, CA

#133 Oct 13, 2012
Elephant in the room wrote:
Was there any type of law inforcement investigation in this tragedy?
Why did this child choose to die?
Did he truly commit suicide or was he literally pushed over the edge by some secret trauma in his life?
Was he bullied or abused?
Was he gay?
Was he living with some kind of guilt or remorse? Mentally ill?
What could have given him the idea that being with "his heavenly Father" was a better choice than life? I thought Christians believed that suicide was the unpardonable sin.
Odd that no one seems to be perturbed enough to want to know WHY.
Not trying to be callus or cruel. Am trying to find closure.
From the evasive answers to your questions, I would guess it was guilt.
I've seen this over and over again in my 70 years of life.
Someone convinced him that with baptism and Jesus he could deny who he was and live a 'proper' Christian life.
When he couldn't deny his true hearts desires, the remorse was too much to live with.
Unfortunately, only the Catholics have been able to perpetuate this myth by inventing the priesthood.
[Amen brother, may you rest in peace child of God].
student at whitewright

Jersey City, NJ

#134 Nov 12, 2012
I knew him, his name was Jordan Lule Kelley, he didn't fall he jumped, committed suicide, and his sister is in my grade... for those who didn't know
kristine cather

United States

#135 Feb 18, 2013
Rip.young man.my prayers.go out to the family
Carpe deim

United States

#136 May 19, 2013
To the people that think Jordan was depressed, he wasn't. He was amazing and happy. Genuinely happy and was always trying to make others happy in the halls. I've grown up with him since I was four and I know he was fine. The last text he ever sent said I'm just ready to be with god. I miss you Jordan. U were my boy. I'm still ur kiddo. I love you
Carpe deim

United States

#137 May 19, 2013
Sick of Godbots wrote:
<quoted text> From the evasive answers to your questions, I would guess it was guilt.
I've seen this over and over again in my 70 years of life.
Someone convinced him that with baptism and Jesus he could deny who he was and live a 'proper' Christian life.
When he couldn't deny his true hearts desires, the remorse was too much to live with.
Unfortunately, only the Catholics have been able to perpetuate this myth by inventing the priesthood.
[Amen brother, may you rest in peace child of God].
He had no guilt. Jordan was one of the best students at our school and he lived by Christ. Don't assume things like that when u don't know anything about him
KempKid

Athens, TX

#138 May 19, 2013
I was at this convention and I was part of a small group of kids to actually leave the "ballroom" that night and actually saw what happened (nearly all other 2,000 beta kids stayed in the ballroom downstairs because there was about to be a dance). As we went up in the elevator we heard a loud thud, we thought someone maybe threw a suitcase or something off the atrium. We got off the elvator and immediately saw our friend standing by the balcony of the atrium on the phone looking distressed. He made a stop motion with his hand but was on the phone so didn't say anything to stop us from coming over. We all looked over and saw him before they could cover him. Our friend had been standing there waiting for us when Jordan fell past him. Our friend was the first to call 911. The whole hotel shut down and because our sponsors were stuck downstairs, we all huddled together in one room for a couple hours. Honesty, it was a tragedy but it brought us all really close. Our superintendent drove all the there that night (nearly an hour and a half) to comfort and pray with us. We are a close knit small community and when we got back to the school on Sunday, we had many of our teachers and major community members waiting there to comfort us. We again all agreed to pray together for Jordan, his family, friends, and school. This was over a year ago but it had a profound impact on my life. It taught me to not take life or friend's lives for granted. And that a tradgedy can bring people together. RIP Jordan Kelley. And thank you.

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#139 Jul 10, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended the convention and the speech was about how canibals wait until you are dead to tear you apart but people who are bullying tear you apart alive. Something to that effect.
Was he bullied?
Jake

United States

#140 Dec 7, 2013
I still think about it Damn near everyday. For those of you wondering why he did it. He sent a text saying that he needed to be with his father who had died. Tgats what I was told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Run off Election Commissioner Mar 29 Pct 2 Voter 1
goodbye b&b foods.... (Jan '15) Feb '18 The Thorn 20
News Trenton man put in custody by task force (Nov '07) Dec '17 Asses on asses 12
Keith Mumaw for County Commissioner Pct 2 Nov '17 Keith Mumaw 1
Tom Bean high school kids (Sep '17) Sep '17 Dumbfounded 1
Leonard streets (Jun '17) Jul '17 Church Lucy 11
Angel angles (Oct '15) Jul '17 anonymous 63

Trenton Jobs

Personal Finance

Trenton Mortgages