First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pissed off

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2012
I think that was pretty piss pour of the old owners take money from people & not telling them they locking doors 3 days later, they should give there money back to them , if yall new how to run a buisness u would still b there. & u no who u are and so do we.don't yall agree.
Yeah right

Humboldt, TN

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Pissed off wrote:
I think that was pretty piss pour of the old owners take money from people & not telling them they locking doors 3 days later, they should give there money back to them , if yall new how to run a buisness u would still b there. & u no who u are and so do we.don't yall agree.
I agree. And the new owners will not do that, they have had several customers complain about that and has assured everyone they would not do the same. They r good people. U should go check them out.
Heather

Trenton, TN

#3 Mar 6, 2012
Heather Harmon has it now, and she is great! Very sweet, very accommodating, and extremely friendly. The place is open every day but Sunday and it's clean and comfortable.
Tangirl

Murray, KY

#5 Apr 10, 2012
How much is it to tan there? Per session and minutes? How many beds is there?
Hmm

United States

#6 Apr 11, 2012
Whatever happened to natural tanning outside?

Trenton, TN

#7 Apr 11, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Somebody invented a tanning bed that you could use for 20 minutes a day instead of ALL day in the sun that nobody has time for anymore. Lol.
TanGirl

Murray, KY

#8 Apr 11, 2012
Hmm wrote:
I do that too but you can never be tan enough!
I agree

Trenton, TN

#9 Apr 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody invented a tanning bed that you could use for 20 minutes a day instead of ALL day in the sun that nobody has time for anymore. Lol.
Agree, Aint it sad not many go to the park anymore, swim, grill, camp,. fish, it's all let's stay inside go our seperate ways, ignore each other all day. And stay on Topix "LOL"
corinth

Memphis, TN

#10 Apr 11, 2012
TanGirl wrote:
<quoted text>I do that too but you can never be tan enough!
...til you get melanoma and die.:/

Trenton, TN

#11 Apr 11, 2012
corinth wrote:
<quoted text>...til you get melanoma and die.:/
Well, you can die from foods you eat, things you drink, the sun, smoking, second hand smoke, driving a car, flying in a plane, riding a train or a bus. So, do you not eat, drink anything, stay indoors 24/7, smoke, breathe, or travel to and from anywhere? If you do, you have as much chance of contracting something you can die of as well as someone that lays in a tanning bed. If you don't eat, drink, breathe, or ever leave the inside of your house....you are already dead.
corinth

Memphis, TN

#12 Apr 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you can die from foods you eat, things you drink, the sun, smoking, second hand smoke, driving a car, flying in a plane, riding a train or a bus. So, do you not eat, drink anything, stay indoors 24/7, smoke, breathe, or travel to and from anywhere? If you do, you have as much chance of contracting something you can die of as well as someone that lays in a tanning bed. If you don't eat, drink, breathe, or ever leave the inside of your house....you are already dead.
See, the problem is that none of those things--including smoking, in most cases that
corinth

Memphis, TN

#13 Apr 11, 2012
corinth wrote:
<quoted text>See, the problem is that none of those things--including smoking, in most cases that
I'm aware of--are directly related to vanity. It would be one thing if there were vast health benefits, but instead it just seems like women are trying to fit some arbitrary, and possibly delusional, standard of beauty.
TanGirl

Murray, KY

#14 Apr 11, 2012
corinth wrote:
<quoted text>
...til you get melanoma and die.:/
I knew that someone would have to say something about skin cancer. Why are you looking under "Paradise Tan" in the topix section if you care nothing about being tan. Your just that curious about the tanning salon itself?
TanGirl

Murray, KY

#15 Apr 11, 2012
corinth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of--are directly related to vanity. It would be one thing if there were vast health benefits, but instead it just seems like women are trying to fit some arbitrary, and possibly delusional, standard of beauty.
Tanning gives you vitamin D and also releases endorphins in the brain which in turn makes you feel fabulous. I enjoy the process of laying there listening to music tanning just as much as having a tan.

For example - Some people like fishing some people think it's boring. Some people go golfing and think it's a relaxing calm sport others hate it. To each there own. I'm not going to argue that tanning doesn't have health risks, I am aware. I myself am not doing it just for the look of a tan. I enjoy tanning. So go do whatever hobby it is you like doing.
corinth

Memphis, TN

#16 Apr 11, 2012
TanGirl wrote:
<quoted text>Tanning gives you vitamin D and also releases endorphins in the brain which in turn makes you feel fabulous. I enjoy the process of laying there listening to music tanning just as much as having a tan.

For example - Some people like fishing some people think it's boring. Some people go golfing and think it's a relaxing calm sport others hate it. To each there own. I'm not going to argue that tanning doesn't have health risks, I am aware. I myself am not doing it just for the look of a tan. I enjoy tanning. So go do whatever hobby it is you like doing.
There are lots of other things that elicit a much greater endorphin response than tanning. It's important to understand that UV rays cause your cells to undergo unnecessary amounts of oxidative stress that only expedite the aging process. Additionally, some studies have shown that tanning in the sun--not in a tanning bed--are what upregulates Vitamin D. This is a common myth of the industry, and definitely not your fault that you think otherwise. It is indeed possible that you DO have some form of endorphin release, or at the very least that dopaminergic pathways in your brain are firing away; however, this is likely a placebo effect obtained from hearing or reading "scientific facts" from the owners of tanning salons who care much less about your health than they do about making a buck. Regular exercise is an excellent way to get the feel-good effects of endorphins, particularly because it forces your mitochondria to produce enough endogenous antioxidants that you effectively create a sort of immunity to oxidative stress. This will slow the effects of aging, including the shortening of telomeres.

I can't say I don't have my own bad habits--a recent publication in Nature suggested that sugar is just as damaging to the liver as alcohol, which means I'm in trouble--but, as a former sun fiend myself, I do wish I had learned what I know now a long time ago. Regardless, if tanning makes you feel as good about yourself as you say, then I suppose living happily is more important than the potential risks. Best of luck to you.
Who

Trenton, TN

#17 Apr 11, 2012
corinth wrote:
<quoted text>I'm aware of--are directly related to vanity. It would be one thing if there were vast health benefits, but instead it just seems like women are trying to fit some arbitrary, and possibly delusional, standard of beauty.
What about the men that tan? And there is no difference in laying in a tanning bed for 20 minutes than working in a flower bed or mowing your yard, or laying by a pool. I don't tan because I'm vain, I just enjoy it and have no time to be outside, which I hate.
Who

Trenton, TN

#18 Apr 11, 2012
TanGirl wrote:
<quoted text>Tanning gives you vitamin D and also releases endorphins in the brain which in turn makes you feel fabulous. I enjoy the process of laying there listening to music tanning just as much as having a tan.

I agree. I enjoy the whole tanning process. Sometimes it is the only peaceful time I get to myself. I put my earphones in, turn on my IPod and really relax for 20 minutes. And I think having a tan makes people look more healthy and if it can boost someone's self esteem, I don't see that that should be anyone else's buisness. So I agree with you 100%.
Smitty so so

Memphis, TN

#19 Apr 12, 2012
There IS a difference, you get tan in a tanning bed by the rays that penetrate your skin but don't burn as opposed to the rays that do burn. There are UVA rays and UVB rays, I think the beds have UVB, both are dangerous.And nobody has mentioned brown spots, you're gonna love them.AND our bodies only produce so much melanin, when it's gone it's gone.Producing a splotchy look, which you'll also love. Beware.And do you really think these "long wave rays" that you are enjoying are not penetrating your skin somehow & possibly doing damage internally?
Whatever

Trenton, TN

#20 Apr 12, 2012
Smitty so so wrote:
There IS a difference, you get tan in a tanning bed by the rays that penetrate your skin but don't burn as opposed to the rays that do burn. There are UVA rays and UVB rays, I think the beds have UVB, both are dangerous.And nobody has mentioned brown spots, you're gonna love them.AND our bodies only produce so much melanin, when it's gone it's gone.Producing a splotchy look, which you'll also love. Beware.And do you really think these "long wave rays" that you are enjoying are not penetrating your skin somehow & possibly doing damage internally?
Whatever. You live YOUR life, and I'll live mine. I have been tanning since tanning beds came out in the 80s and I have NO brown spots, and I'm not splotchy. No matter what anyone does in life, people find the dangers in it. If we avoid everything that is dangerous we would live in a freaking bubble!
Hmmm

United States

#21 Apr 12, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Agee Refused drug test 9 hr Say what 49
Waitress at Majestic 13 hr Chris 57
newfoundland puppy 15 hr Dog Killer 9
Darrell Bell Wed MoveOUT 148
Looking for someone Tue Megan 6
Slim Dec 6 Comprende 3
Classics from the past Dec 5 guest 4

Trenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance