Peabody High School Band
Band

United States

#21 Jul 20, 2011
BAND is just like a joke without Ms. Boyce! Is all there is to say.
Anonymous

Puryear, TN

#22 Jul 20, 2011
And the reason you people get tired of Ms. Boyce is because she's pushing you to do your best. She's trying to bring the band back that we used to be. Just because YOU people don't want to work doesn't mean others want to be that band that everyone knew and love. I'm trying my hardest to be that band. And every single one of you needs to feel the same way or we're not going anywhere. You have to have heart and you have to be strong. Come on guys. PUSH YOURSELF. BE ALL YOU CAN BE. That's all you have to do is try! This year we have so much talent, but you have to work for it! That's the WHOLE reason why we've been here at band camp for the past two weeks! We have to represent. Just remember that once you put that uniform on that you represent everyone that has worn it in the past. You should represent them well be giving it your all. No less. We need all of you giving 100 percent all the time. Come on guys. This is the year that things start to change. I love you guys. Let's do good this year!<3
Johnathan Michael Johnson

Memphis, TN

#23 Jul 20, 2011
Both Mr. Westbrook, and Miss Boyce are 2 of the greatest band directors that will ever set foot into the Trenton Special School District, and in that respect, in the state of Tennessee. Mr. Westbrook and Miss Boyce have different view points on how a program is run. They are different approaches, neither is wrong. The fact that you are angered by Miss Boyce or Mr. Westbrook just shows that they are doing there jobs, by forcing you to learn, if you find the class difficult, their job is being done perfectly. Oh, and coming back with stupid, ill planned, rude, lucid, and completely moronic words about the people that TEACH YOU! Shows that you have no respect for your band, or the people that are in it. I don't have a clue who you are, and I really don't want to know. Maybe if you would listen and learn we would not be spreading meaningless and false propaganda around on "Topix." So if you want to have a successful season, stop making it hard on yourself. Band is a privilege and both Miss Boyce, and Mr. Westbrook do it because they love it, and want to pass that on to you. If you disagree with them, I suggest you removes yourself from the Program.
Peabody Band Captain 2010-2011.
former peabody

Millington, TN

#24 Jul 20, 2011
Dedman... Penn... GTFO and quick stirring up sh*t in our band because everyone know yall suck anyways
Johnathan Michael Johnson

Memphis, TN

#25 Jul 20, 2011
I sure do hope there are no parents instigating this argument, I hate to be vile to you, but this is our program now. These are OUR directors, and its success lies solely in the hands of US. Stirring things up is not doing a thing for your kids, or the band students.
Johnathan Michael Johnson

Memphis, TN

#26 Jul 20, 2011
former peabody.....uncalled for. js
Ninja Trumpet

Millington, TN

#27 Jul 20, 2011
Woo Go JJ! No one could have said it better.
Peabody Captain 10-11
Zachery Joseph Barker

Jackson, TN

#28 Jul 20, 2011
Mr. Westbrook nor Mrs. Boyce are a problem. It's the stupid parents that won't let it go that burriss is gone! HE ISN'T GOING TO COME BACK. GET OVER IT. Its 2011 not 1992. Tony has moved on.
Ryan David Bateman

Trenton, TN

#29 Jul 20, 2011
I love our band, Mr. Westbrook, and Ms. Boyce.
I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Love you guys. <3
bandmember

United States

#30 Jul 20, 2011
I love you all. Each and every one of you. I do believe she wants everyone to be the best they can be. Having said that, Mr westbrook is THE band director. I realize she's been around a long time and knows the ropes. The fact is Mr westbrook was hired to do the job, not her. He does the job better than any other director thats ever been there, and i think she feels threatened because he is so competent, and confident. I have nothing against her except the fact that she tries to push her weight around. She needs to know her role. And not to sound mean, but Mr westbrook has told her. If she had what it takes to do the job, then she would be doing that job. As far as the uncalled for comments that some don't like her because she makes you work hard, well you must not know Mr westbrook very well. We love him, not because he is "easy" on us. We love him because of all that he sacrifices and makes us sacrifice. We are better people because of him. A lot of the parents don't care for him, not because he's not a great director, but because they didn't hire her for the job. A persons attitude goes a long way in doing a job. Mr westbrook has a great attitude. There is nothing we wouldn't do for him, because he respects us. And we respect him. Two way street.
Jessie Jane Milligan

Opelousas, LA

#31 Jul 20, 2011
I personally am looking forward to see what Westbrook can really do. I do believe that no one will ever compare to Mr. Burris's style of teaching, but the simple fact is that he is retired and people have to realize that. I'm a little sad that band members resort to topic for resolution of these kind of issues. I wish you all the best of luck this year, hold your head up and be proud of who you are and what you've been taught.-jm<3
Gibson County THE BEST

Benton, KY

#32 Jul 21, 2011
GIBSON COUNTY BAND IS THE BEST! You guys can not even play together. YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE REST>3
bandmember

United States

#33 Jul 21, 2011
That comment was uncalled for, and untrue. We can beat you any day of the week
Jessie Jane Milligan

Cut Off, LA

#34 Jul 21, 2011
Gibson County THE BEST wrote:
GIBSON COUNTY BAND IS THE BEST! You guys can not even play together. YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE REST>3
I remember handing your butts to you on a silver platter a few times in my high school band career. Everyone hits rough points through the years. This isn't the time nor place for Gibson county's comments. Yes, they've gone down hill but band isn't just competitions. It's commradery and learning to work as a group. So pretty much you iz dumb:) <3
Jessie Jane Milligan

Cut Off, LA

#35 Jul 21, 2011
Gibson County THE BEST wrote:
GIBSON COUNTY BAND IS THE BEST! You guys can not even play together. YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE REST>3
I can remember a few times throughout my high school career. I would just like to say your comments are not needed in this matter:) every band has it's rough spots.. I mean hell your only as strong as your weakest player. Band is not only about competition, but about commradery, sharing a love for music, and having support for one another. You sir or madame are retarded if you think for half a second your comment was or will be given any thought to by the band of gold;)
Johnathan Michael Johnson

Humboldt, TN

#36 Jul 21, 2011
Gibson County THE BEST wrote:
GIBSON COUNTY BAND IS THE BEST! You guys can not even play together. YOU GUYS ARE JUST THE REST>3
I realize this is juvenile and off topic, but I recall coming out on top the last time Peabody and GC went head to head. Must be scared this year if you trolling the Band of Gold on Topix. are oh eff ell. I'm just playing with ya, I hope you all have a great season because I have great friends over there in GC, and you do have a great band. Jessie is right, bands have their shinning years and their dull moments. I will never speak an Ill word about Gibson County, or any other band for that matter. We are all there for the exact same reason. I hope both Peabody and Gibson County have a wonderful marching season and that everyone can get above all this cesspool propaganda and mediocre slander.
Sam:)>:|
-Peabody Band of Gold Captain 2010-2011
whatever

Fort Worth, TX

#37 Jul 21, 2011
Actually, Ms. Boyce has been asked to take the high school director's position in the past and she has made it clear that she loves teaching the middle school students (the beginners). she loves teaching the kids how to read music, etc. Hate her if ya want but this is a FACT!
Anonymous

Trenton, TN

#38 Jul 21, 2011
I respect that some of you actually have the guts to say some of the things you say but, you have a brain or should have one and stop being cold hearted that's all I have to say ;) thanks :)
Gibson County THE BEST

Benton, KY

#39 Jul 21, 2011
bandmember wrote:
That comment was uncalled for, and untrue. We can beat you any day of the week
The only thing you can beat is yourselfs! See all the above post! You people can not even get along with yourselfs. Then the football youtub video? What a year for Trenton Peabody!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
Gibson County THE BEST

Benton, KY

#40 Jul 21, 2011
Jessie Jane Milligan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember a few times throughout my high school career. I would just like to say your comments are not needed in this matter:) every band has it's rough spots.. I mean hell your only as strong as your weakest player. Band is not only about competition, but about commradery, sharing a love for music, and having support for one another. You sir or madame are retarded if you think for half a second your comment was or will be given any thought to by the band of gold;)
check out all the post by your band on here. now which one is the weakest link? All of them? We did like the football video. Keep up the good work Trenton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gibson County Democrats 2 hr Keith 60
What happened to Red? 2 hr Black 9
Brazil wreck 5 hr Tommy D 15
Bobcats Apr 16 MoveOUT 7
Zack cross Apr 13 Zach 7
BAD WRECK in TRENTON SATURDAY (Mar '11) Apr 10 Ily tony baby 11
tipping servers Apr 9 MLK 2

Trenton Jobs

Personal Finance

Trenton Mortgages