8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co.

8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co.

There are 39 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Jan 8, 2010, titled 8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co.. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

Eight people will appear in a Gibson County court Monday on drug charges following a six-month long undercover investigation focusing on high drug crime areas, according to a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Britney J

United States

#1 Jan 8, 2010
Oh Lord not Tim Higgs again!!!!!!!
Billy Bob

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2010
Should of been about two or three hundred
who knows

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Your rite there's way more than 8 just in dyer and it aint so much crack they need to be looking for its pill heads and pot heads they make up 70 % of dyer....
Guest

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2010
Give them time.
UTM fratguy

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2010
You all know , they only bust the ones they can make the most money off of. Gibson County could care less about broke dope heads. They just after them $$$$$
Guest

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2010
I know a bunch of them that are in jail at Gibson County jail that are broke dope heads that have been busted that are broke dope heads. I don't know why you would think they are just after the $$$$, because the ones who work there sure don't make alot, especially for the BS they have to put up with. It isn't always about the money, it is about taking the time to make sure they investigate fully so that the people they bust can't get out on technicalities. I think we have a good Sheriff's Department and alot of very good Police Dept.'s here in West TN.
yeah right

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2010
Guest wrote:
I know a bunch of them that are in jail at Gibson County jail that are broke dope heads that have been busted that are broke dope heads. I don't know why you would think they are just after the $$$$, because the ones who work there sure don't make alot, especially for the BS they have to put up with. It isn't always about the money, it is about taking the time to make sure they investigate fully so that the people they bust can't get out on technicalities. I think we have a good Sheriff's Department and alot of very good Police Dept.'s here in West TN.
you are obviously one of the dumb sorry a** cops...the sheriff's dept is full of druggies and criminals and i'm not talking about the inmates...it's a FACT
whatever

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2010
Guest wrote:
I know a bunch of them that are in jail at Gibson County jail that are broke dope heads that have been busted that are broke dope heads. I don't know why you would think they are just after the $$$$, because the ones who work there sure don't make alot, especially for the BS they have to put up with. It isn't always about the money, it is about taking the time to make sure they investigate fully so that the people they bust can't get out on technicalities. I think we have a good Sheriff's Department and alot of very good Police Dept.'s here in West TN.
YOU said that they (cops) only got a bunch of broke dope heads SO if the sheriff's dept and police dept are so GREAT, as you say, then why aren't they arresting the DEALERS instead of the broke dope heads...think about it doesn't make to much sense
who knows

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2010
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
you are obviously one of the dumb sorry a** cops...the sheriff's dept is full of druggies and criminals and i'm not talking about the inmates...it's a FACT
honey you are so rite about that !
Guest

United States

#10 Jan 11, 2010
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
you are obviously one of the dumb sorry a** cops...the sheriff's dept is full of druggies and criminals and i'm not talking about the inmates...it's a FACT
Sorry to disappoint you, I am not a cop, but I do know a bunch of them, and they are all very good friends of mine. Please don't judge all of them, because not all of them are on the take & bad cops.
Jessie

United States

#11 Jan 11, 2010
common sense... if they bust the dealers they lose money on the arrests they make on users they don't care about solving the drug problem it would put them out of work or it would already be less of a problem
LittleLulu

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2010
Kinda hard for them to bust the dealers if no one talks, turns them in, or bothers to make a complaint. If you know someone who is a dealer, call and turn them in, you can call without telling who you are. If you really want them off the streets, make the call. It takes time to investigate and make sure there aren't any loopholes or else they will be right back out on the streets when they finally do get them.
Concerned

United States

#13 Jan 11, 2010
LittleLulu wrote:
Kinda hard for them to bust the dealers if no one talks, turns them in, or bothers to make a complaint. If you know someone who is a dealer, call and turn them in, you can call without telling who you are. If you really want them off the streets, make the call. It takes time to investigate and make sure there aren't any loopholes or else they will be right back out on the streets when they finally do get them.
Just wondering where you received your law degree? I personally a number of people that HAVE called and complained for years now and nothing has ever been done...And the article in the newspaper about the bust said it was a six month investigation...six months to catch a bunch of crackheads??? not likely!! i can go out in a day and round up eight junkies...the TPD is a JOKE!!
Liz

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2010
Trenton Police Department and Sheriff's Department don't catch the dealers because they dont want to!!
Cant Fix Stupid

Memphis, TN

#15 Jan 12, 2010
Some of you idiots should seriously get a life. Most of the cops are good men and women and as far as the six month investigation goes... They have to make sure there aren't any way for them to get out of it.
You people really should think about how you would feel if you were busting your a*s trying to get criminals off the streets and some idiot was on here talking trash.
As far as the TPD, They are very good friends of mine and you should seriously think about keeping yourselves out of the jail cells and then maybe you wouldn't have a problem with them.
LittleLulu

Humboldt, TN

#16 Jan 12, 2010
I do not have a law degree, however I do have a paralegal degree. I tell you what, give me your name, I will see if I can call in a complaint on you & have you picked up on hearsay without a total & complete investigation. Like I said, they have to be thorough, because if they aren't, the main dealers/distributors will be right back on the streets. For my kids sake, I hope the investigate well enough that the person/persons never see daylight again instead of them walking out of a trial on a technicality.
blahblah

Mayfield, KY

#17 Jan 13, 2010
it is a useless war that will never end or subside until prohibition is lifted like they did with alcohol and regulate it. it is easier for our children to go out and buy weed than it is to get beer and it is definitly an adult drug if was legal. We regulate the masses and the big time drug dealers loose business and wipe them out. look at the al capone type bootleggers with alcohol prohibition was amended. they disappeared due to no market. all the war is doin is fueling the fire and feeding cartels in mexico that is overflowing our borders. want to cut spending and add money to the economy? regulate marijuana for responsible adults and get it out of the hands of children. and as far as driving high.... have you ever really heard of many people gettin a dui for driving high? i even believe it would be a safer drug than alcohol and tobacco combined. tobacco kills a lot of americans every year as well as alcohol. ever heard of sumbody O.D.'d on marijuana? it has been calculated that u have to smoke 10000 joints in 15 minutes (bout 5 pounds) in order to overdose. the only way you would have 5 lbs of food in ur gut is if ur a COW!so plz, go out and support an increased revenue of $14 billion and america's greatest cash crop. 1 acre of hemp paper will save 1 tree and eliminate a great amount of greenhouse gases. lets take the war to the hard drugs like meth, coke, and the abuse of prescription drugs and not focus on something God created for us to have as medicine for the treatment of everything from PMS to AIDS
katie

United States

#18 Jan 17, 2010
Well written blahblah! Finally an educated response!!!(although I'm only pro marijuana for medical reasons)
R_D_R

Mayfield, KY

#19 Jan 19, 2010
ur welcome....
R_D_R

Mayfield, KY

#20 Jan 19, 2010
plz go to dyersburg forums and read my post on weed..... im getting sick of hearing about the stupid war and i think they eiter need to arrest every pot smoker out there or legalize it. its been goin on too damn long and it needs to stop sumwhere. the cops run illegal stings and arrest innocent people. what a person does to themselves should be their own privacy. the stings are ilegal because a cop cannot be commiting a crime when they arrest sumone and the one selling the "FAKE" dope has help. bunch of damn bullies. If a regular citizen got caught selling "FAKE" dope they would get 2 charges for a counterfit dope charge and the dope charge. so y do the cops get away wit it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Full Time County Fire Fighters 10 min BS Detector 5
does anybody know who owns the property on the ... 1 hr one pissed of mofo 1
please help 4 hr Really 8
BAD!!!! Trenton Animal Clinic (Apr '13) 9 hr Tiredofbadvets 30
who hates jay jarnigan (Feb '15) Sat Gracie 61
cute young guy in Trenton with white truck and ... Fri guest 2
Hardees files bankruptcy Fri Richard 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trenton Mortgages