First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2011
Why do ppl that claim to be Christians or followers of God seem to put their opinions on these threads going on and on about judging gossiping and pointing out every sin that someone commits while carrying on conversations in threads? Just curious where they read in the Bible that just because they sit their butt in a pew every Sunday and sing songs praising their God makes them better than anyone else and gives them a right to point fingers?
stopit

Barnes, KS

#2 Sep 26, 2011
curious wrote:
Why do ppl that claim to be Christians or followers of God seem to put their opinions on these threads going on and on about judging gossiping and pointing out every sin that someone commits while carrying on conversations in threads? Just curious where they read in the Bible that just because they sit their butt in a pew every Sunday and sing songs praising their God makes them better than anyone else and gives them a right to point fingers?
How do you know Christians start these threads? What are you an atheist or Christian hater? Not everyone on here is Christian and not every Christian posting on here is a true Christian so stop trying to bash and group together ALL Christians. Ps.....Even Christians make mistakes, we are all human.
justme

Trenton, TN

#3 Sep 26, 2011
You know what they say about opinions, everyone has one. There is a difference in a True Christian and a pretender. Curious, you are correct about sitting in church and singing does not a Christian make. It is within the heart and the desire to follow God's commands. We all slip up, but hopefully learn from our mistakes. What makes me really sad is those people that lie, steal, and cheat being praised by supposed Christians. Or saying, "They will be so much better off, no more pain." The pain has just begun, HELL is VERY HOT with no relief. It is too late after they die to pray for them. Did you worry about their salvation before their last breath, or were your rewards on earth. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
Darwin

Netherlands

#4 Sep 26, 2011
curious wrote:
Why do ppl that claim to be Christians or followers of God seem to put their opinions on these threads going on and on about judging gossiping and pointing out every sin that someone commits while carrying on conversations in threads? Just curious where they read in the Bible that just because they sit their butt in a pew every Sunday and sing songs praising their God makes them better than anyone else and gives them a right to point fingers?
It's the ultimate social club. You can lie, steal & judge six days a week and all you have to do is sit on a pew for a couple of hours each Sunday and you're spiritual slate is clean. Monday morning; Start over again.
jesus

Jackson, TN

#5 Sep 26, 2011
justme wrote:
You know what they say about opinions, everyone has one. There is a difference in a True Christian and a pretender. Curious, you are correct about sitting in church and singing does not a Christian make. It is within the heart and the desire to follow God's commands. We all slip up, but hopefully learn from our mistakes. What makes me really sad is those people that lie, steal, and cheat being praised by supposed Christians. Or saying, "They will be so much better off, no more pain." The pain has just begun, HELL is VERY HOT with no relief. It is too late after they die to pray for them. Did you worry about their salvation before their last breath, or were your rewards on earth. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
You have one great imagination just like every other christian. When you die and go to "heaven" will you tell god i dare him to send you back down to me and tell me there is a heaven or hell....im willing to bet i never hear from you, nor him. LOL.
justme

Trenton, TN

#6 Sep 26, 2011
No, I will not ask to go back down to earth. All I can do is pray for you right now. I don't need your name. My God already knows who you are and that I am praying for you. Darwin, you are entitled to your opinion but it does not apply to a genuine born again Christian. I will admit that it does apply to some, but they have to account for their actions. In the end, we are all accountable for ourselves.
Curious

Overton, TX

#7 Sep 26, 2011
I did not say Christiana start any threads but if you read more than three different threads atleast two of them will have someone claiming to be a Christian and telling everyone else that they are so wrong for their opinion on the subject because they are gossiping or judging another... I'm just wanting someone to explain why a so called Christian would be reading threw any thread that is talking about the latest drug dealing crack head hoe getting busted and even more so feel the need to post on it that anyone with a judgmental opinion is a sinner and should find some Jesus... I am not an Atheist nor am I a Christian... I consider myself open minded. I do not believe in any particular religion because who is to say Christianity is right but Indians or Egyptians religions are wrong? The day I die is the day I will know the truth and until then I will enjoy learning about all the many religions this world has to offer :)
stopit

Barnes, KS

#8 Sep 26, 2011
Curious wrote:
I did not say Christiana start any threads but if you read more than three different threads atleast two of them will have someone claiming to be a Christian and telling everyone else that they are so wrong for their opinion on the subject because they are gossiping or judging another... I'm just wanting someone to explain why a so called Christian would be reading threw any thread that is talking about the latest drug dealing crack head hoe getting busted and even more so feel the need to post on it that anyone with a judgmental opinion is a sinner and should find some Jesus... I am not an Atheist nor am I a Christian... I consider myself open minded. I do not believe in any particular religion because who is to say Christianity is right but Indians or Egyptians religions are wrong? The day I die is the day I will know the truth and until then I will enjoy learning about all the many religions this world has to offer :)
Maybe they are reading a post because someone told them and it was about a family member. Maybe they are sticking up for them. You never know. And EVERYONE sins. Even Christians. Don't know why everyone thinks just becase soeone is a Christian they should be perfect. And I really hope you find out the truth before you die. And Christianity is not a religion. It is a belief and faith and beief, a way of life. God or Jesus never taught a religion.
curious

Canton, TX

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Religion- belief in and worship of a God or other superhuman agency... So where do you get that Christianity isn't a religion? And there are plenty of replies and post of ppl telling others they are full of sin for what they say but no matter who you wanna twist it... That is judging which is a SIN to those who fallow your religion. So explain to me how anyone clai ming to be a Christian is any better than the trash talkers on this site? I went to church my whole childhood so don't think I am ignorant to what the bible states is a sin and all about turning the other cheek instead of falling into the devils games which is exactly what most of these Christians are doing by posting on here. I cant stand hypocritical ppl who think because they are a member of a church that what they speak is right even though technically they are no better than anyone else on here because they are going against your beliefs and values by telling someone else their going to hell or are devils tools for trash talking someone on here... That Christian just trash talked that person whether you want to admit it it not! Throwing a few versuses into a post doesn't make it any better its still judging gossiping and those are sins just like cussing.
KDM

Crownsville, MD

#10 Sep 28, 2011
Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the ultimate social club. You can lie, steal & judge six days a week and all you have to do is sit on a pew for a couple of hours each Sunday and you're spiritual slate is clean. Monday morning; Start over again.
Too true
There is NO god

Jackson, TN

#11 Sep 28, 2011
You jackasses claiming to be a christian are nothing more than goody-goody wannabe's. You don't believe that jesus abra-cadabra crap any more than I do, but you're too scared to admit it. You all think your families will hate you, or your scared of what others will think of you. You all have doubts about it's validity and you're too lazy and/or afraid to find the real answers. I hear the Monday morning "christian" every day. You're all the same.
nope

Barnes, KS

#12 Sep 28, 2011
There is NO god wrote:
You jackasses claiming to be a christian are nothing more than goody-goody wannabe's. You don't believe that jesus abra-cadabra crap any more than I do, but you're too scared to admit it. You all think your families will hate you, or your scared of what others will think of you. You all have doubts about it's validity and you're too lazy and/or afraid to find the real answers. I hear the Monday morning "christian" every day. You're all the same.
Nah...You are wrong. You are sounding pretty angry there. Why do you care if we believe or not. What is it your business? You know, I understand some people don't believe and that's ok. I don't mind having an atheist/christian debate, which I have before. But there is no reason for you to be so hateful. It doesn't make sense. I have debated with atheist before and they were respectful and nice we just brought both our points to the table. There is obviously some underlying issue with you. If you don't believe so be it. No one is making you. That's the beauty of free will.
curious

United States

#13 Sep 29, 2011
Well since I'm obviously not getting the answers to my questions instead everyone is trying to ne hateful. I am not a Christian I am not atheist I am OPEN MINDED and I love to debate different religions. There are so many religious beliefs in this amazing world and I don't understand why anyone would wanna be so wrapped up in just one when the sinless life a Christian strives for is an impossible achievment. Many other religions make more since and have reasonable beliefs unlike Christianity. It saddens me that I live in a town with so many narrow minded ppl simply to up hold some image. Good day
stopit

Barnes, KS

#14 Sep 29, 2011
curious wrote:
Well since I'm obviously not getting the answers to my questions instead everyone is trying to ne hateful. I am not a Christian I am not atheist I am OPEN MINDED and I love to debate different religions. There are so many religious beliefs in this amazing world and I don't understand why anyone would wanna be so wrapped up in just one when the sinless life a Christian strives for is an impossible achievment. Many other religions make more since and have reasonable beliefs unlike Christianity. It saddens me that I live in a town with so many narrow minded ppl simply to up hold some image. Good day
Ok. I did answer your questions before you ever posted the one before this one. Point is No one is without sin. And I agree, some people that claim to be christians and get on here and tell people they are going to hell are wrong. Period. It is wrong. Like I said before, sometimes our emotions get the best of us and even good christians falter sometimes. No we will never be perfect or sinless but yes we are to try to lead our live to strive not to. It will happen but when it does you recognize and try to not do it again. I wasn't directing my last post at you at all. Just the one that had derogatory things to say. Yes ther are all kinds of different "beliefs" I don't like the word religion. I is a modern day man made word. I believe in one God and Our Savior Jesus Christ. And yes other countries have their own beliefs but it is staggering the number of people raised Islamic or Muslim that have come to know that Jesus Christ is real that had never been raised to know him. Actually in Iran as we speak, Iranian government are about to execute an Iranian christian pastor because he will not denounce Jesus Christ. I know we were warned about these days in the bible and Christians are being persecuted more and more. Wish we could hear more stories about poeple with other beliefs came to Christianity. I have a great dvd about professed atheist who set out to disprove Jesus Christ and ended up becoming Christian. No other belief in the world has as much proof as Jesus Christ.
Ken

Union City, TN

#15 Sep 29, 2011
Ok, just because we "strive" to be sinless, what is wrong with that? We can never live up the example of the life that Jesus lives but does that mean we throw in the towel and give up? I don't understand your logic here. How in the owrld is it bad to want to try to live a life that is right? It's impossible to live a life that is sinless because we are human. That is why Christ died on the cross. So we could be forgiven of our sins. The Bible says "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". That's why we need Jesus. You sound open-minded to everything EXCEPT Chritianity. Is that really being open minded? Just because you've obviously has some bas experiences with some people who claimed to be Christians doesn't mean we're all bad. There are bad people of every religion. Why? Because all religions are made up of human beings and humans are prone to error and mistakes. That's why Jesus died for us.
curious wrote:
Well since I'm obviously not getting the answers to my questions instead everyone is trying to ne hateful. I am not a Christian I am not atheist I am OPEN MINDED and I love to debate different religions. There are so many religious beliefs in this amazing world and I don't understand why anyone would wanna be so wrapped up in just one when the sinless life a Christian strives for is an impossible achievment. Many other religions make more since and have reasonable beliefs unlike Christianity. It saddens me that I live in a town with so many narrow minded ppl simply to up hold some image. Good day
stopit

Barnes, KS

#16 Sep 29, 2011
I just want to add also, Christianity is not about what church you go to or how involved you are in that church. Some people would have you think that ie the "corporate" church. It is about following God's word and having a personal relationship with him. The church has become corrupt and I myself am having a hard time finding one again. But I can still love, praise and worship him in my own home. The only reason the church was created is because God wanted us to have fellowship with other Christians. People we could lean on and help with questions, etc. Church is not something you HAVE to do to go to heaven.
Ken

Union City, TN

#17 Sep 29, 2011
But show me where it says that you can go to Heaven apart from the church? The church is the bride of Christ. To be a Christian you have to be added to the church. That comes through obedienient faith to what was commanded in the New Testament to be saved.
There are many denominations and churches that are corrupt, yes. Are all of them corrupt? No. Many of Paul's letters in the New Testament were to admonish churches (the church at Corinth in the books of Corinthians for example) for their eveil behavior. Churches become corrupt because humans are corrupt. This does not mean that all Christians or churches are bad because a few people who claim to be Christians are evil hypocrites. There are some good churches with good people out there. I pray that you find the truth.
stopit wrote:
I just want to add also, Christianity is not about what church you go to or how involved you are in that church. Some people would have you think that ie the "corporate" church. It is about following God's word and having a personal relationship with him. The church has become corrupt and I myself am having a hard time finding one again. But I can still love, praise and worship him in my own home. The only reason the church was created is because God wanted us to have fellowship with other Christians. People we could lean on and help with questions, etc. Church is not something you HAVE to do to go to heaven.
stopit

Barnes, KS

#18 Sep 29, 2011
Why are you arguing with me? I never said ALL churches were corrupt. Or ALL are bad. That is why I said I am still looking to join a new one. But no Sir. No where in the bible does it command you to go to church to be saved. You find me scripture where it says we have to go to church to be saved. Jesus says all we have to do is believe in Him and his Father and call on him and repent our sins we will be saved.
Jessie

United States

#19 Sep 29, 2011
If you reject the church, then you are rejecting the bride of Christ! The church that He died for!

The answer to the question, "Why do I have to go to church?" is fourfold:

1. It is the fellowship of the church where we find Jesus Christ.

2. It is the fellowship of the church where we find protection from the forces of evil and sin in this world.

3. It is the fellowship of the church where we find encouragement in life.

4. It is the fellowship of the church where we become Jesus Christ to the world.

The church is the body of Christ on this earth. To reject the church is to reject Christ himself!

Hebrews 10:25 says "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching." The assembly is the church.
stopit wrote:
Why are you arguing with me? I never said ALL churches were corrupt. Or ALL are bad. That is why I said I am still looking to join a new one. But no Sir. No where in the bible does it command you to go to church to be saved. You find me scripture where it says we have to go to church to be saved. Jesus says all we have to do is believe in Him and his Father and call on him and repent our sins we will be saved.
Jessie

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2011
Stereotype much? I'm a grown man. No one makes me go to church. I go because I want to go. Believe me if I didn't believe it, I certainly wouldn't waste my time going!
There is NO god wrote:
You jackasses claiming to be a christian are nothing more than goody-goody wannabe's. You don't believe that jesus abra-cadabra crap any more than I do, but you're too scared to admit it. You all think your families will hate you, or your scared of what others will think of you. You all have doubts about it's validity and you're too lazy and/or afraid to find the real answers. I hear the Monday morning "christian" every day. You're all the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is fooling with who? 4 hr wannabe 3
Beautiful Christian women? (Dec '14) Wed lol 4
Hobbs in Trenton (Jun '14) Wed Norman 75
Gibson co. Jail Wed SeptemberRain 16
Aarons sales and lease (Mar '12) Wed Amber 100
Rosato's Pizza Jul 27 guest 33
anybody seen April rainey (Dec '13) Jul 27 Soo 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trenton Mortgages