What's happening in West Tennessee ch...

What's happening in West Tennessee churches

There are 463 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Jan 23, 2010, titled What's happening in West Tennessee churches. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

Lane Chapel C.M.E. Church, 4229 Brownsville Highway, Huntersville, will have an anniversary celebration at 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Gate Keeper

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Not Much
whocares

Collierville, TN

#2 Feb 2, 2010
Hypocrisy?
Cobb

Kenton, TN

#3 Feb 3, 2010
whocares wrote:
Hypocrisy?
I'm sure you would NOT know!
wanna know

Jackson, TN

#4 Feb 3, 2010
Well at Liberty Grove there was a thief running the show. Sceretary claimed she knew nothing. Preacher claimed he knew nothing. Secretary got fired. The thief, Perry Mullins got arrested and the preacher is still there. Gotta wonder don't you? I am sure not all are like that but got to watch these Southern Baptists. Mullins took so much from the church he should go to jail for the rest of his life. He will either pay here or later. God will take care of that matter!!!!!!!!
sick and tired

Crescent, IA

#5 Feb 4, 2010
wanna know:
sure not all are like that but got to watch these Southern Baptists.

why was this thrown at the southern baptist? is southern baptist the only that can fall from grace and steal from the church? why do we put so much on the church denominations, are we all not out for the same thing, saving soles?!?!?! i am so sick of the crap we put in front of GOD! we hinder our own blessings with this crap. if we would move ourselves out of the way and let GOD move in HIS way this wourld would be better off.
whocares

Collierville, TN

#6 Feb 4, 2010
Cobb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you would NOT know!
People attempting to judge other people?
to U

Jackson, TN

#7 Feb 4, 2010
sick and tired wrote:
wanna know:
why was this thrown at the southern baptist? is southern baptist the only that can fall from grace and steal from the church? why do we put so much on the church denominations, are we all not out for the same thing, saving soles?!?!?! i am so sick of the crap we put in front of GOD! we hinder our own blessings with this crap. if we would move ourselves out of the way and let GOD move in HIS way this wourld would be better off.
Well if you are such a good person why do you keep using the word "Crap". I do not think this person was slandering southern baptist just stating a fact from a southern baptist church. You are right alot of bad in alot of churches. Just so happen this was true in this particular church and sometimes the truth hurts. Were you somehow involved too. I do not think to use the phrase "crap" and saving souls in the same statement is politically correct. True the only way you get to Heaven is to know Jesus Christ in your heart and soul and invite him into your heart. I know that and believe that but bad things happen everywhere even in churches and in all denominations.
to who cares

Jackson, TN

#8 Feb 4, 2010
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>
People attempting to judge other people?
No this is not people judging other people. I know that church well and have even been there a long time ago. No one was judging anyone just stating facts. God is the Judge. A question was posted and a true answer was given. Debate on that and think before you speak again. also, why dont you read the comment right above this one. It makes alot of sense.
re Southern Baptist

Jackson, TN

#9 Feb 4, 2010
sick and tired wrote:
wanna know:
It was not thrown at Southern Baptist churches or S Baptist people. It happened at a Southern Baptist church. do you not watch the news cause this Mullins guy was shown on the news as he was arrested or as he was sitting in court. His date to go back to court is next week. Why dont you show up? It was only stated that all this happened in that particular religion church. it happens in all churches prob. he just got caught.
to sick and tired

Jackson, TN

#10 Feb 4, 2010
sick and tired wrote:
wanna know:
Emphasis was not meant to be put on Southern Baptist. It was stated that this happened in a Southern Baptist Church. Just end this topic. It does not EVEN matter. He got arrested and he deserved that to, and the secretary got fired and she deserved that too. She is a known gossip!!! I believe that when she was called in she was told something to the effect that she was a gossip. I think I know way more than all of you do. As a matter of fact before she got fired she was told not to even come in the next day as they did not want her up there hearing what was going on because they knew she would tell it. I know I know more than all of you do. I rest my case. Any other questions just ask. Thanks in advance for all your questions and smart butt remarks, cause I know there will be some.
whocares

Collierville, TN

#11 Feb 6, 2010
to who cares wrote:
<quoted text>No this is not people judging other people. I know that church well and have even been there a long time ago. No one was judging anyone just stating facts. God is the Judge. A question was posted and a true answer was given. Debate on that and think before you speak again. also, why dont you read the comment right above this one. It makes alot of sense.
Why don't you read the comment by Cobb above. And I will speak as I please.
yeah yeah

Jackson, TN

#12 Feb 9, 2010
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you read the comment by Cobb above. And I will speak as I please.
Were you involved too? I will speak as I please too. Smart!!!!!!!!!!The truth hurts doesn't it?????
to whom it may concern

Jackson, TN

#13 Feb 9, 2010
You can call it what you want - people judging others- I really do not care. I spoke the truth and the truth hurts. Probably the ones involved in this discussion were involved in what went on and they got their poor little feelings hurt. Should have not been so dishonest. I really do not care what anybody on this site thinks about what i said. You are judging as well or you wouldn't be interested. Say what you want and I will say what I want. Believe me I can be just as ugly as you probably meaner than you about this. I have my opinion and I will state it as I darn well please. Don't go getting attitude with me! This site is only about attitudes anyway. The more I read the more ugly I see it as being. I have tried to be nice in the past but no one on this site is nice. Just a bunch of losers. And I am sure you are going to say well you are a loser too , but I am not. Signing off now if you do not mind.
LGBC member

Huntingdon, TN

#14 Apr 28, 2010
Liberty Grove had increased the salary of the secretary a few years ago to assume the position of financial secretary of the church. She was supposed to maintain track of the budget and control the expenditures of the church in accordance with the budget. Perry Mullins intercepted the mail every day to get any incoming bank statements. He then copied those statements and used a common photo editing program to erase his illegal expenditures and gave the resulting document (which was obviously a fake) to the secretary as the real deal. Perry also continued to produce the monthly budget reports because the financial secretary was happy not having to do the extra labor. The secretary was severly negligent in her duties therefore.
REV JOHN

Plymouth, MN

#15 Apr 28, 2010
Church does nothing but brainwash people, learn to read the Bible on your own.
inside out

Jackson, TN

#16 Apr 28, 2010
w
LGBC member wrote:
Liberty Grove had increased the salary of the secretary a few years ago to assume the position of financial secretary of the church. She was supposed to maintain track of the budget and control the expenditures of the church in accordance with the budget. Perry Mullins intercepted the mail every day to get any incoming bank statements. He then copied those statements and used a common photo editing program to erase his illegal expenditures and gave the resulting document (which was obviously a fake) to the secretary as the real deal. Perry also continued to produce the monthly budget reports because the financial secretary was happy not having to do the extra labor. The secretary was severly negligent in her duties therefore.
Kathy Blankenship did not want to do anything but gossip and that hurt her in the end as well. That is why they told her from what i directly heard , not to come in the office again. Karma does come around. I would not work for a place and half a-- do my job. It would be all or nothing even in church. I am very professional and she apparently was not. If they gave her a raise you would have thought she would have done what was right. I would have known Perry was up to something, also I am sure that is how he paid the daughters college tuition at Union University. I had one go there and we will be paying for 10 years on it. It is not a cheap place to go. The thing that gets me is that he stole all that money and did not have his house paid for. Wouldnt you have at least paid the mortgage off. And to say Denise did not know what was going on is crazy. If my husband had enough money to buy extra stuff I would know it did not come from the paychecks. She is sick from what I heard and working herself. He should be so ashamed for doing what he did. He even stole 50,000.00 from his Dad and stepmother. Did you know that. His dad sneaks and talks to him on the phone because the stepmom wants nothing to do with him and I do not blame her. Who steals from the Church and their parents. He is low down. His daughters baby is due any day now. Also he in-laww house is in his name and i heard correctly. wONDEr if anyone that matters knows that. I dont know but he is going to really pay for what he has done if not thouugh the courts with GOD.That may be judgemental but it is the truth and we all know it.With that said I fewel better. Thanks

Since: Jul 11

Milan,TN

#18 Sep 1, 2011
My opinion, and that's all it is.
Denominations in my opinion is what has destroyed what the true church is, the body of believers is the Church. The rest is all a bunch of man made laws, or I should say their church covenants. God made it very simple, especially for the Gentiles. Love they neighbor as Jesus so loved us and all else will fall into place.
charleeofools

Bay Springs, MS

#19 Sep 1, 2011
Mys brains sayes it is beacuse nobodies is listenines twos me causes I is am ordained preacher and a christians man.
dkh

Englewood, CO

#20 Sep 1, 2011
to who cares wrote:
<quoted text>No this is not people judging other people. I know that church well and have even been there a long time ago. No one was judging anyone just stating facts. God is the Judge. A question was posted and a true answer was given. Debate on that and think before you speak again. also, why dont you read the comment right above this one. It makes alot of sense.
OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE-- IT IS ALL SIGNS OF TIME
AliceInChains

Brighton, TN

#21 Sep 4, 2011
you don't say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alternative choices counseling 57 min Jessica Barnette 2
Mobile Patrol ?????????????????????????????? 59 min gomer 1
Dollar General (Jul '14) 1 hr grampa 5
Tim Haney (Jan '17) 1 hr Meadow 55
Kristina Mc 2 hr u dumb 11
kenya mucullins king 3 hr need head 3
Bradley Tanning Service (Mar '13) 8 hr owner 14

Trenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance