Editorial: Reduce N.J. marijuana poss...

Editorial: Reduce N.J. marijuana possession penalities to fit the crime

There are 3 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from May 20, 2012, titled Editorial: Reduce N.J. marijuana possession penalities to fit the crime. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

The proposal to eliminate potential jail time and decrease fines for those caught with small amounts of marijuana is long overdue and a welcomed dose of common sense from Trenton legislators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#1 May 20, 2012
There should be no penalties at all for using a harmless plant!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 May 20, 2012
Been there, done that. Arrested @ 18 for possession of a seed & a stem they found under my seat.

That cost me $1700 in fines (not to include my lawyer cost) 6mo or probation and good ol' NJ surcharges.

Keep arresting these "drug offenders" and lock em up and have US tax payers pay $30k a year to support an inmate in prison all over a marijuana charge.

Makes me sick.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 21, 2012
I think being in possession of less than 1/4 lb should be only a citation/fine no matter how many times you are caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taxpayers are already paying the bill over NJ b... (May '15) Aug 23 Ole Miss Heroin 20
Vote for Hillary Aug 16 Trump 16 2
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Aug 13 latashac 324
Fake Moon Landing Question (Mar '12) Aug 5 buttknob1 27
News The Latest: Manafort: OH Gov. Kasich making 'bi... Jul '16 spud 63
News Christie: VP 'doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot' Jul '16 Sam 13
News Obama's Failed Promise to Immigrant Families Jul '16 Dee Dee Dee 2

Trenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trenton Mortgages