Police: Franklin Twp. resident reports 'Mystery Shopping' scam

A Franklin Township resident reported a swindle attempt from a company called Mystery Shopping, according to Northern York County Regional Police. Full Story
olbunky

Lancaster, PA

#1 Apr 16, 2011
freaks like this needto be punished to the fullest extent of the law and oh yes to the person who sends money LOL its their fault they fall to a scam like this
drew pfafflin

Scranton, PA

#2 Apr 16, 2011
There's one born evry minit.
in York County's case it's more like "1000 born evry second"
what an inbred nob
Ed McMahon

Dover, PA

#3 Apr 16, 2011
olbunky wrote:
freaks like this needto be punished to the fullest extent of the law and oh yes to the person who sends money LOL its their fault they fall to a scam like this
Agreed. If you're going to give us $400 why not just send the $400? It makes no sense to say 'keep $400 of this check and send the rest back.' Unfortunately if you do fall for a scam like this YOU'RE the one the responsibility falls on to pay the bank back when the check bounces. So you lost that money and the scammer goes free. They know that. That's why it happens but it's one of the oldest tricks in the book so if you do fall for it you must've been living under a rock all these years.
hondo man

Bronx, NY

#4 May 12, 2011
i too experienced a similar scenario. I received postal money orders worth $1,750. I was to cash them at my bank, keep $200 as my fee and wire the balance to someone in the Phillipines. I instead went to the post office where it was confirmed that the money orders were bogus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Utopia? Is it possible? Sep 12 NSNovum 1
Is Religion a societal evil, or a misused and v... Sep 12 NSNovum 1
Sports Betting on The Slippery Slope of Our Dec... Sep 11 Culture Auditor 2
HS Students Stage Mock Trial of President (Mar '06) Sep 11 Swedenforever 2
Fantastic free info. Sep 10 King A 1
bordentown adult video store (Nov '09) Sep 7 Sam 48
Looking for Domme or Dom Aug 29 YoungSissy 1
•••

Trenton News Video

•••