N.J. mayor: Sandy aid ultimatum came ...

N.J. mayor: Sandy aid ultimatum came from Christie

There are 79 comments on the Detroit News story from Jan 20, 2014, titled N.J. mayor: Sandy aid ultimatum came from Christie. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Trenton, N.J. - The Democratic mayor of a town severely flooded by Superstorm Sandy said Sunday that she was told an ultimatum tying recovery funds to her support for a prime real estate project came directly from GOP Gov. Chris Christie, a claim a Christie spokesman called 'categorically false.'

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#64 Jan 23, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
. She won't even discuss this any more.
Enjoy, boy:

"The U.S. Attorney's Office has asked that we not conduct additional media interviews, and we are respecting their request,” read a statement from Mayor Zimmer's office to the Jersey Journal.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#65 Jan 24, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy, boy:
"The U.S. Attorney's Office has asked that we not conduct additional media interviews, and we are respecting their request,” read a statement from Mayor Zimmer's office to the Jersey Journal.
Well knock me down with a feather! So now the Holder Justice Department is running cover for podunk mayors? Who'da thunk it? To be honest, I wouldn't doubt one bit that Holder planted this story with Zimmer--a like-minded, willing participant--and assured her that he would never let the lie see the light of day.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#66 Jan 24, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
http://washingtonexaminer.com/benghazi-whistl...
Senate Intelligence Committee members did not include important testimony from Benghazi whistleblower Gregory Hicks ...Blah, blah, blah.....
Hicks is a liar and con man, as are you. Dismissed, Mr. No Credibility.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#67 Jan 24, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
The most corrupt idiot posts like mine and el Jimb's are run by imbecile teabaggers.
Are you the same person, or merely similarly impaired?:)
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#68 Jan 24, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Well knock me down with a feather! day.
Facts are more interesting and effective than feathers!
Ohh Em Gee

Webster, MA

#69 Jan 24, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have more inside info than a senior official in the State Dept now? Where you there? Tell us about your experience in Benghazi before you go "dismissing" anyone. Im sure the senate would love to hear you first hand account of what happened that day seeing as though you know so much more than anyone in the world. Clearly we all missed the part about the anonymous topix commenter standing outside the walls that day. Some one should call Hillary. We need your testimony immediately. LOL. And you call others "Mr.No Credibility" Hypocrite be thy name.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#70 Jan 24, 2014
Ohh Em Gee wrote:
<quoted text>So you have more inside info than a senior official in the State Dept now? Where you there? Tell us about your experience in Benghazi before you go "dismissing" anyone. Im sure the senate would love to hear you first hand account of what happened that day seeing as though you know so much more than anyone in the world. Clearly we all missed the part about the anonymous topix commenter standing outside the walls that day. Some one should call Hillary. We need your testimony immediately. LOL. And you call others "Mr.No Credibility" Hypocrite be thy name.
You have no knowledge about Benghazi, you only believe what your far-right handlers tell you.

The Congressional Repub licans have done nothing but conduct a witch-hunt in pursuit of damaging claims against Hillary Clinton and the President. NO credibility on your side whatsoever.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#71 Jan 24, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy, boy:
I guess she decided to respect the request sometime after the interviews she gave over this past week end. You know, the ones in which her own staff called her claim "absurd, "
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#72 Jan 24, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess she decided to respect the request sometime after the interviews she gave over this past week end. You know, the ones in which her own staff called her claim "absurd, "
She "gave interviews" in which her STAFF said things about her?

LOL

You can't even keep your lies straight...:)
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#73 Jan 24, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are more interesting and effective than feathers!
You should try using some, someday!
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#74 Jan 24, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try using some, someday!
You MUSt be talking about feathers, I know you don't know anything about facts! LOL

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#75 Jan 24, 2014
"I don't think it was retaliation and I don't have any reason to think it's retaliation, but I'm not satisfied with the amount of money I've gotten so far," Hoboken, NJ Mayor Zimmer told CNN.

Zimmer asked for $100 million from a roughly $300 million pot of money for which there was $14 billion worth of requests.
Since that request, Hoboken has been approved for nearly $70 million in aid. The city has also been identified as a pilot community for a federal program to prevent flooding, one of only four such projects in New Jersey.

----------
Wonder what she would have gotten if she succumbed to Christie's pressure.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#76 Jan 24, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually the truth comes out. Traitors like you will be exposed.

When will barock and hillary release their timelines from that night?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#77 Jan 25, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually the truth comes out. Traitors like you will be exposed.
When will barock and hillary release their timelines from that night?
Traitors lie and divide the nation, the way you do. Look in the mirror, beeyotch...
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#78 Jan 25, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
"I don't think it was retaliation and I don't have any reason to think it's retaliation, but I'm not satisfied with the amount of money I've gotten so far," Hoboken, NJ Mayor Zimmer told CNN.
Zimmer asked for $100 million from a roughly $300 million pot of money for which there was $14 billion worth of requests.
Since that request, Hoboken has been approved for nearly $70 million in aid. The city has also been identified as a pilot community for a federal program to prevent flooding, one of only four such projects in New Jersey.
----------
Wonder what she would have gotten if she succumbed to Christie's pressure.
Trouble is it's Christie's office that's making the claims about how much aid they would've gotten. And since that office has done little but lie so far....
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#79 Jan 25, 2014
Facts:

"The mayor, Dawn Zimmer, hasn’t approved the project, but she did request $127 million in hurricane relief for her city of Hoboken – 80% of which was underwater after Sandy hit in October 2012. What she got was $142,000 to defray the cost of a single back-up generator plus an additional $200,000 in recovery grants."

Now Christie's office lies about how much they were approved for. Who can believe this state's corrupt rulers?
El oh El

Webster, MA

#80 Jan 25, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no knowledge about Benghazi, you only believe what your far-right handlers tell you.
The Congressional Repub licans have done nothing but conduct a witch-hunt in pursuit of damaging claims against Hillary Clinton and the President. NO credibility on your side whatsoever.
You are the one who called Hicks a "liar and con man" without any proof. Not me. Hypocrite much?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#81 Jan 25, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one who called Hicks a "liar and con man" without any proof. Not me. Hypocrite much?
No, you're too busy kissing his butt and blaming Clinton and Obama for a terrorist attack - instead of the terrorists.

Who get a free pass from you, evidently...

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#82 Jan 25, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Traitors lie and divide the nation, the way you do. Look in the mirror, beeyotch...
No one has lied or divided the nation more than barock, the yellow, of Benghazi who might have been trayvon, but his red line was crossed over a video.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christm... (Nov '16) Aug 16 samt 5
News NJEA endorses Democrats in 24th District races Aug 14 Barb 1
Attn Birth parents -Sign up with NY state to gi... Jul 21 joan 1
News New Jersey governor's race: The Bruce Springste... Jul '17 Pugs 4
Fire Chief in Ewing nj, Big C31 and DC 32 (Jan '17) Jul '17 Yousuck 2
smm Jul '17 Yep 2
Trenton Music Thread (Jan '14) Jun '17 Musikologist 7

Trenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance