Claims administrator: Interim payments in $4.85 billion Vioxx s...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

28 under the $4.85 billion settlement between drugmaker Merck & Co. and plaintiffs' lawyers, the claims administrator said Wednesday.
Comments
5,121 - 5,140 of 5,140 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2011
First Prev
of 257
Next Last
Dick in Ohio

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Dave brisbane australia,Sorry I didn't catch your question sooner as I don't come on here sooner.As for your question,the best answer is usually not.A few lucky ones did pass the gates because their attorneys & doctors were willing to go the extra distance required.Almost all MI claims required documented MIs complete with blood test results showing elevated enzeme levels,Cardiograms showing events,or heart caths showing heart damage or muscle loss during the initial hospital stay.
If I were you I'd get your hospital reports and look for these,bear in mind they MUST be from your inital hospital stay ,the first visit,not several months or weeks later.
Best Of luck & I wish you the very best in tackling the odds.Let me know if I can help you in anyway & I'll post my yahoo email address for you to use with further questions.Keep the faith & hang in the fight!
Pharmgirl

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Scared of Vioxx Merck wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure disappointed that the skuzbags were able to take points away from us for conditions that were likely caused by Vioxx. Especially the penalty for hypertension or cholesterol AFTER my Stroke. That is just crazy. We have no one to stand up for us, so I guess it is finally over.Best of luck to you Pharmgirl.
Yeah, we was a cash cow, but now we know we must put this behind us and get on with our lives. We had to settle just to live long enough to see it to the end.
Been There

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

I want to thank everyone for all the information that has been posted about vioxx.My husband had a stroke in 2002 after taking vioxx,we finally got a few points awarded,& our first payment,which was not much,with a letter stating the balance would be sent soon.They took the 32% for the lawyer out of the first check. When we got the balance there was very little after they took off 2/3 of the points for various things,such as controlled hyperstension & collestrol & even for labels on the bottle.I called & requester a balance sheet which they sent.Did anyone else have points taken off for all those things & more?I dont recall ever receiving any information about points being taken away after they had been awarded.I called the lawyer & of course,the legal assistant had a answer for every question,I told her I wanted answers in laymens answers,anyway a lot of it did not make much sense to me.
I did sent David Vorecos an e-mail as was suggested,& let him know there was nothing smooth about the vioxx settlement.
Good luck,good health,good life& God Bless all the vioxx victums.
verrymerry

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Hi folks, this vioxx post has been very helpful to me. I do have one concern, or should I say several. I was placed on the claim as a co-defendant and therefore left out of the loop of information by the claimant. All I keep hearing is that the claimant has not heard anything from the lawer and still waiting to. I feel I need to dig at this but not sure where to start. Any great suggestions? Thanks
ed ny

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

I just want to say iam glad its all over for me.My lawyer was good about all his costs he only charged me 800.00 dollars for extra expences. I hope everbody doesnt get ripped off buy the law fims. He also sent me what law firms that are under review for costs. This has been a very helpful place to get alot of information.I just want to say thanks to everybody. God bless all of you. I will keep checking now and then.
OGL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2010

ed ny. Howdy hope all is well .No not all lawyers were fair and really screwed a lot clients. Would love to see the list of law firms being reviewed. Hopefully mine is one of them. Happy Thanksgiving"
chambaculero53

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Been There wrote:
I want to thank everyone for all the information that has been posted about vioxx.My husband had a stroke in 2002 after taking vioxx,we finally got a few points awarded,& our first payment,which was not much,with a letter stating the balance would be sent soon.They took the 32% for the lawyer out of the first check. When we got the balance there was very little after they took off 2/3 of the points for various things,such as controlled hyperstension & collestrol & even for labels on the bottle.I called & requester a balance sheet which they sent.Did anyone else have points taken off for all those things & more?I dont recall ever receiving any information about points being taken away after they had been awarded.I called the lawyer & of course,the legal assistant had a answer for every question,I told her I wanted answers in laymens answers,anyway a lot of it did not make much sense to me.
I did sent David Vorecos an e-mail as was suggested,& let him know there was nothing smooth about the vioxx settlement.
Good point of view.It is necessary to know how they calculate the first points they assign without deduction such as controlled hypertension & collesteroll and so on.WHICH CRITERIA THEY USE?.
tgms

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Judged:

Been There wrote:
They deducted 20% from my settlement for controlled HBP. I assume if you had several medical problems they would deduct a percent for each one. This is the sad part of the settlement when we know that vioxx was the direct cause of the mi,stroke or death.
Been there

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Thank you all for your responds to my last post.
I am sorry to report my husband passed away Oct.13,2010,due to another stroke. That was the third stroke he had after taking Vioxx. He was never able to travel or do anything after the first stroke,yet,he was awarded a very few points. Then most of them were taken away & they are still holding a large part of the payment pending
medicare settlement. I have two letters stating a
resolution with medicare that had been resolved.
I have called the resolution lawyer & I have no way of knowing when or if I will get a return call.
Yes, we must put this behind us & with God's help we will move on with our lives without our loved one.
The lawyers & Merck are the ones that made the money, at the expense of a lot of lives & disabled people.
Papadow

Douglas, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone have any info on final EI Payments.???? Thanx and God bless.
Vioxx Victim

Hartford, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

Been there wrote:
Thank you all for your responds to my last post.
I am sorry to report my husband passed away Oct.13,2010,due to another stroke. That was the third stroke he had after taking Vioxx. He was never able to travel or do anything after the first stroke,yet,he was awarded a very few points. Then most of them were taken away & they are still holding a large part of the payment pending
medicare settlement. I have two letters stating a
resolution with medicare that had been resolved.
I have called the resolution lawyer & I have no way of knowing when or if I will get a return call.
Yes, we must put this behind us & with God's help we will move on with our lives without our loved one.
The lawyers & Merck are the ones that made the money, at the expense of a lot of lives & disabled people.
Contact Ryan Carl with Garretson Law firm. He was very helpful with my lein resolution information. My condolences in the loss of your husband.
Another Victim

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

The payoffs are nearly complete, but the dying continues.
GBguy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

i would like to know about the ei pmts. my lawyer told everyone he turned in came back denied whats up with that?
All Finished again

Dell Rapids, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

GBguy wrote:
i would like to know about the ei pmts. my lawyer told everyone he turned in came back denied whats up with that?
I think they ran out of money. The lawyers had to have theirs you know.Merck made a pretty sweet deal with 4.85 Billion dollars. It just didn't stretch far enough. You think they give a darn if you can't work, or had extraordinary expenses?
OGL

Orleans, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Anyone out their have a list of law firms being looked into for over chargeing??
OGL

Shoals, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

I ask again if their is a list of law firms be looked into for taking too much money where is a list let's see who they are?
test

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

test
All Finished again

Dell Rapids, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

OGL wrote:
I ask again if their is a list of law firms be looked into for taking too much money where is a list let's see who they are?
None that I know of. The fees charged were all approved by the judge.We just all know now that if we join a lawsuit like this one to expect pennies,while the lawyers pull in the big bucks. They make the rules, so they make the money.
Been There

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Thank you to Vioxx Victum for refering me to Ron Carl at Tne Garrison Law Firm.
They contacted my lawyer & after about a year & numerous excuses I finally got the rest of the money for my late husband. I don't think I would have ever received the money they held out for Medi Care if I had not contacted Garrison Law Firm.
If there is anyone out there that is having a problem getting their money,I would suggest they contact the Garrison Law Firm.
Thanks again for every ones help,God Bless & good luck.
Vioxx Victim

Dell Rapids, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Been There wrote:
Thank you to Vioxx Victum for refering me to Ron Carl at Tne Garrison Law Firm.
They contacted my lawyer & after about a year & numerous excuses I finally got the rest of the money for my late husband. I don't think I would have ever received the money they held out for Medi Care if I had not contacted Garrison Law Firm.
If there is anyone out there that is having a problem getting their money,I would suggest they contact the Garrison Law Firm.
Thanks again for every ones help,God Bless & good luck.
It makes me feel wonderful to have shared knowledge that I had re: Garretson. They treated me with more respect and caring than any of the many others I dealt with during the long process.I know you would rather have your husband, but pleased that you finally got the rest of your money. Best wishes in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 257
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Trenton News Video

•••
Trenton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trenton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••