Are You Proud To Be An American?

Are You Proud To Be An American?

There are 2 comments on the WDUV-FM Saint Petersburg story from Jul 16, 2012, titled Are You Proud To Be An American?. In it, WDUV-FM Saint Petersburg reports that:

There were protesters lining the road near the Seminole fire department Sunday after being told firefighters had to remove small American flags that were flying from fire engine windows.the order to remove the flags came from Seminole fire chief George Bessler after the department received a complaint from a community member about flag placement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDUV-FM Saint Petersburg.

Lisa Setz

Riverside, NJ

#1 Jul 16, 2012
I'am extremely upset that the firemen had to take their American flags off their trucks because someone complained. Tradition is not a valid reason to remove a symbol of all that this country stands for. In case, you need reminding there are American soldiers dying for that flag and for freedom right now. Obviously liberty, and freedom are determined by ONE "community member". That is a dictatorship, in case you need reminding of that of that too..
I can not think of a better group pf people who represent all that is right in this country then fireman. They should have been allowed to fly the flag.
Jack

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2012
I think people should really think about what their saying before saying some catch phrases.
Yes they should be able to fly the flag.
But i dont think soldiers are dying for OUR freedom or for the flag, their dying for money, the united states is a corperation and the military is a branch of that corperation.
Dont get the facts twisted, the only reason we're in the middle east is profit, there is now way those people can even get to us, so it's just some guys over there doing a JOB.
That flag fly's because of us not some guy in the middle east. The people that really defended the flag and our freedom are long gone, and would be disapointed in what this place has turned to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Treasure Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clearwater Beach Honored Again as a Top Beach (Mar '13) Sep 11 indict Zakheim 49
Treasure Island City Govt (Jul '15) Aug 31 Kiki 21
Lost classring Aug 30 Kathy in OK 1
Kenneth City Music Thread Aug '16 Musikologist 1
Toxic Bloom Algae Jul '16 amotenko 1
News Trump accuses Jeb Bush of plotting against him ... Jun '16 Tiny Violins 1
Redington Beach Music Thread (Jan '16) Jun '16 Musikologist 2

Treasure Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Treasure Island Mortgages