should 421/shady mtn. have a tractor ...

SHOULD 421/SHADY MTN. HAVE A TRACTOR TRAILER RESTRICTION

Created by AMERICANBYTHEGRACEOFGOD on May 13, 2012

23 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

MAYBE

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
leave them alone

United States

#1 May 14, 2012
the truck that go over that mtn don't mean to. they do what there disbater tells them to. and when they look on a map it shows them that is the fastest way. besides i have went over the mtn in a car 1000 times and have got behind the trucks they do there best, along with they will let you go around them. leave the trucks alone they are doing there job, making money for there family. think about it if it were not for truck drivers we would not have gas food or be able to go to the store and buy what we want.
ITS ONLY OPINION

United States

#2 May 14, 2012
Is the truckers getting there faster worth risking someones life? In all truth, they would get there faster by going through Damascus to Abington and getting on the interstate. And yes, they do know, there are signs that say "WARNING SWITCH BACKS, ADVISED TO TAKE ANOTHER ROUTE" or something to that effect. 51 and 48 Ft. Trailers with a Pete, Freightliner and Kenworth can't make the curves without going into the lane of on coming traffic, a lot of people go off Shady Mtn. Going to and from work in the dark and fog, even if it wasn't dark or foggy, the curves are very tight and "blind" curves, you don't see another vehicle in your lane till it's to late.
INFORMED

Elizabethton, TN

#3 May 14, 2012
leave them alone wrote:
the truck that go over that mtn don't mean to. they do what there disbater tells them to. and when they look on a map it shows them that is the fastest way. besides i have went over the mtn in a car 1000 times and have got behind the trucks they do there best, along with they will let you go around them. leave the trucks alone they are doing there job, making money for there family. think about it if it were not for truck drivers we would not have gas food or be able to go to the store and buy what we want.
The local drivers know the best route is through Damascus to the interstate. Even though it's more miles, the slow driving across the mountain is more time consuming and dangerous. Who's going to feed the children if their parents get killed by a trucker that should have planned his trip better and left earlier so he wouldnt have to be in a hurry? Can you answer that?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4 May 14, 2012
You're going to pay for those extra miles & the cost of the fuel to drive them, too, when you buy whatever the Truckers are hauling! You'll also pay for any extra expense of any kind due to this route change. Is it worth it to you?
INFORMED

Elizabethton, TN

#5 May 14, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
You're going to pay for those extra miles & the cost of the fuel to drive them, too, when you buy whatever the Truckers are hauling! You'll also pay for any extra expense of any kind due to this route change. Is it worth it to you?
Since you dont live here,you have no idea what kind of road that is being talked about. It's the one talked about on the STRIPED SNAKE thread that the bikers ride on. No money is worth the lives of others. IKHW said he will not drive on it while it's dark, maybe he will talk to you long enough to tell you what the road is like.
INFORMED

Elizabethton, TN

#6 May 14, 2012
I'm out of here. I might be back in a few weeks.

Location hidden

#7 May 14, 2012
BYE! Don't rush on my account!:)
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#8 May 14, 2012
I left Shady headed toward Mtn.City 2 or 3 days ago and there was a bear in the road. The road is dangerous for several reasons. Tractor and Trailers shouldn't be on it, unless it is a city cab with a short trailer. I don't care if the driver is late, the company that they drive for should provide the safest route, not the one with less miles! Truck drivers kill people everyday for being unsafe! I know Linda, your son is a truck driver. So you're going to take up for the truckers. If your son is a safe driver he wouldn't cross this mountain, he would take the time to go the safe route. Ask him what he thinks about it, safe or faster.Then come back and tell me what he says.
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#9 May 14, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
BYE! Don't rush on my account!:)
Not showing much respect are you.

Location hidden

#10 May 14, 2012
ITS ONLY OPINION wrote:
I left Shady headed toward Mtn.City 2 or 3 days ago and there was a bear in the road. The road is dangerous for several reasons. Tractor and Trailers shouldn't be on it, unless it is a city cab with a short trailer. I don't care if the driver is late, the company that they drive for should provide the safest route, not the one with less miles! Truck drivers kill people everyday for being unsafe! I know Linda, your son is a truck driver. So you're going to take up for the truckers. If your son is a safe driver he wouldn't cross this mountain, he would take the time to go the safe route. Ask him what he thinks about it, safe or faster.Then come back and tell me what he says.
If you knew anything about Trucking, you'd know that "time is money" & like every other Corporation nowadays, that's all the Company cares about!
BTW, was there a "Tear in your Beer", too?:)

Location hidden

#11 May 14, 2012
ITS ONLY OPINION wrote:
<quoted text>Not showing much respect are you.
I wa respectful, I told you not to rush on my account, didn't I? Lol!
OK...Darling, I will miss you terribly & I can't wait until I can kiss those Lips again. MMMM-wah! Happy now, or do I need to take you to the bedroom before you leave...AGAIN? LMAO

Location hidden

#12 May 14, 2012
...was...

If you're not a Man, I'm in so much trouble...Lol!
Drill Team

Marion, VA

#13 May 14, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about Trucking, you'd know that "time is money" & like every other Corporation nowadays, that's all the Company cares about!
Time means nothing to The Snake.

Location hidden

#14 May 14, 2012
Drill Team wrote:
<quoted text>
Time means nothing to The Snake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zXxQRyPC86EXX
We've got a couple like that or almost as bad, but the Road is not as good.
I remember driving through the Mountains on roads like that. The curves didn't bother me, but looking off the side & seeing how far down it was, did! We've got a road in an adjoining County that has a stretch that's the very same way, even though we don't have Mountains, we've got some "Hill Wannabees".
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#15 May 14, 2012
Linda, you should ask people before you speak. From what I've read, Informed is a woman.
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#16 May 14, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Beer? I said a bear. A bear in the road. Bear.

I do know a lot about trucking. And if a driver kills someone, the company will pay out a lot more than the cost of a late load.
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#17 May 14, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
...was...
If you're not a Man, I'm in so much trouble...Lol!
And from what IKHW said on the other thread, you might have been flirting with a woman when you flirted with her, if IKHW is a her.

Location hidden

#18 May 14, 2012
ITS ONLY OPINION wrote:
Linda, you should ask people before you speak. From what I've read, Informed is a woman.
No, I don't think so. Tried that, they won't tell me & if they do, they don't usually tell the truth plus they start bashing me for asking. There's only a couple or so that I really care, anyway...for the most part, they're just words on a page, nothing more, to me.

“Most people are "C" students”

Since: Sep 07

Right here

#19 May 14, 2012
INFORMED wrote:
I'm out of here. I might be back in a few weeks.
Not a problem. Take a few months. Hell, take a few years. Or decades.
ITS ONLY OPINION

Chicago, IL

#20 May 14, 2012
I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem. Take a few months. Hell, take a few years. Or decades.
Don't let the door- I mean, let the door hit you in ass on your way out! And don't come back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barrel for septic tank 1 hr No One 1
I have something to say 4 hr Hill Billy Boy 22
Our Past ALWAYS Remembered 11 hr cottoneye 2
The male wh**** in Johnson county. 18 hr amused450 8
Ethan clawson 19 hr roy 3
isiah ross and his woman 20 hr Oh be quite 2
what do you think of kenneth roark and star jones Wed bigdog 2
More from around the web

Trade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE