Body of missing girl found in suitcase

Body of missing girl found in suitcase

There are 129 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 7, 2009, titled Body of missing girl found in suitcase. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Authorities roped off a mobile home park where an 8-year-old northern California girl was last seen, searching for clues to her death after her body was found a few miles away inside a suitcase left in an irrigation pond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Shoeless Eluder

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 7, 2009
This has to be a wake up call to anyone who has small children. Do not let them wander alone. I just don't understand how someone could let an eight year old just walk out of there home and not worry or wonder what may happen to them.

How many more times do things like this have to happen before people understand that there are some very sick deranged people out there who don't care about anything or anyone.
Kelly James

Cranston, RI

#2 Apr 7, 2009
Parents are too damn lazy! This little girl's life could've been spared had her mother simply walked her to the friend's house!!
Anonymous

Cedar Springs, MI

#3 Apr 7, 2009
This is absolutely saddening. I feel for the family. I do realize parents need to be more attentive, however you also have to realize that children are fast, and step away so swiftly. It just takes a second.

The world has come to the point where you must keep an eye on your kids every single waking moment, and there are horribly sick people out in this world who thrive on hurting others. The "it will never happen to me" mentality is not how any parent should think. It's just so very sad that it has come to that.
pjdutchville

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2009
I hope they find the "plankton" that did this, and literally slaughter them in the public square for ALL to see. Not only did this vermin commit the most heinous of crimes, by had the gall to put this child in a suitcase, and throw it in a farm pond! If THAT doesn't disturb you, NOTHING will because you're not human.
Careing Soul

Hays, KS

#5 Apr 7, 2009
And you know I used to get laughed at by the other mothers because I always knew where my kids were.Well who gets the last laugh here huh? It pays to know where your children are at all times.I lived in a very small country town at the time but only half of a mile off a major kansas highway.Heck my nieghbors got there car stolen from someone off the interstate.SO DONT THINK IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.Because that is another problem with society.WE DONT THINK IT WILL.Well guess AGAIN HUNNY.And yes they will find the Piece of Crap that did this, that is one good thing we have going 90% of the time in this world.

Since: Feb 09

Troy, MI

#6 Apr 7, 2009
Kelly James wrote:
Parents are too damn lazy! This little girl's life could've been spared had her mother simply walked her to the friend's house!!
boy you are really quick to judge someone. like you are so PERFECT.may god be with this family and bless them in there time of sorrow.
cranky

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Apr 7, 2009
WAY too many perverts in the country!!!!! RE-open Alcatraz!!!!!
Just me

United States

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Careing Soul wrote:
And you know I used to get laughed at by the other mothers because I always knew where my kids were.Well who gets the last laugh here huh? It pays to know where your children are at all times.I lived in a very small country town at the time but only half of a mile off a major kansas highway.Heck my nieghbors got there car stolen from someone off the interstate.SO DONT THINK IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.Because that is another problem with society.WE DONT THINK IT WILL.Well guess AGAIN HUNNY.And yes they will find the Piece of Crap that did this, that is one good thing we have going 90% of the time in this world.
You get the "last laugh"? That's not very appropriate. It sounds like you think you are superior. Yes, she let her daughter walk to a friends house alone. And as a child, how many times did you go off alone? Yes, it is a different world now but NOBODY knows exactly where their children are ALL the time. We most certainly can try but don't be rude about it. I just hope they find who did this...
Tired of all the PERVS

Hays, KS

#10 Apr 7, 2009
They need to re-open Alcatraz put ALL the rejistered sex offenders there and ........oppps someone lit a match."SICK BASTERDS"...thats the only justice they would deserve.
Careing Soul

Hays, KS

#11 Apr 7, 2009
I was not saying "Im Superior" Just stateing a simple fact.Nor Am I laughing at what happen.We need to wake up and look around us do you know if there are any sex offenders in your nieghborhood???? Well get out there and find out.....dahhhhhhh
Sam

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2009
Kelly James wrote:
Parents are too damn lazy! This little girl's life could've been spared had her mother simply walked her to the friend's house!!
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!
Oh my

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Careing Soul wrote:
And you know I used to get laughed at by the other mothers because I always knew where my kids were.Well who gets the last laugh here huh? It pays to know where your children are at all times.I lived in a very small country town at the time but only half of a mile off a major kansas highway.Heck my nieghbors got there car stolen from someone off the interstate.SO DONT THINK IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN TO YOU.Because that is another problem with society.WE DONT THINK IT WILL.Well guess AGAIN HUNNY.And yes they will find the Piece of Crap that did this, that is one good thing we have going 90% of the time in this world.
Wow you really should look at yourself in the mirror and re-think things that you say, because it sounds like your a cold heartless B#$%@. My heart goes out to this family and that poor little girl.
spring

Detroit, MI

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
This is absolutely saddening. I feel for the family. I do realize parents need to be more attentive, however you also have to realize that children are fast, and step away so swiftly. It just takes a second.
The world has come to the point where you must keep an eye on your kids every single waking moment, and there are horribly sick people out in this world who thrive on hurting others. The "it will never happen to me" mentality is not how any parent should think. It's just so very sad that it has come to that.
I agree. Just look at the 2 cases in Florida where the 2 little girls were taken out of there beds. I swear it is getting worse than ever. I hope and pray someone seen the perv. that did this so it doesn't happen again!
Roxanne

Littleton, CO

#15 Apr 7, 2009
This is a heartbreaking story. I will pray for the family. Who ever would harm a child will have God's revenge and may their soul burn forever in Hell.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2009
We need to incinerate child rapists.
Ellen

Montague, MI

#17 Apr 7, 2009
cranky wrote:
WAY too many perverts in the country!!!!! RE-open Alcatraz!!!!!
Forget
Alcatraz, begin wiring up the chairs again. Once their caught and trial is over. They go right to the chair.
Fuel for the Fire

Muskegon, MI

#18 Apr 7, 2009
FROGGY269 wrote:
<quoted text>boy you are really quick to judge someone. like you are so PERFECT.may god be with this family and bless them in there time of sorrow.
How true - instant judge & jury here. The story & video on CNN states the friend live a few houses away,and from there, the child decided to go to another home in about the same range. It appeared to be early & light out, and the MH community appeared to be a nicer one. While the streets in those are not private, they are not heavily traveled by the general public, which does somewhat give a little more feeling of "neighborhood". Nothing shown that gives the impression of a lazy or uncaring family. Another poster mentioned how recently there have been cases of kids homes brokien into and children taked right from their beds! The sad fact is that there are now considerably more evil, disturbed people out there, EVERYWHERE, that seem to lack any conscience or moral values.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#19 Apr 7, 2009
Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>Forget
Alcatraz, begin wiring up the chairs again. Once their caught and trial is over. They go right to the chair.
Ya...almost smells like...chicken.

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#20 Apr 7, 2009
Roxanne wrote:
This is a heartbreaking story. I will pray for the family. Who ever would harm a child will have God's revenge and may their soul burn forever in Hell.
Amen!
busyasab

Maitland, FL

#21 Apr 7, 2009
I was very disturbed when I heard this. I have 8 grandchildren, and some of them walk to school every day. You can bet I got on the web, and looked up sex offenders in my area! I was astonished at how many live in the general area, and this is a small town! Watch those kids. I just cant imagine someone committing such a horrible act!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tracy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone want to date me (Jul '07) Jul '17 Alex 9
News LIVERMORE / Man fatally stabbed at FormFactor IDd (Jul '08) Jun '17 A loved one 5
Babysitter (Jan '17) Jan '17 ChelseaM 1
Alejandra Barboza (Nov '15) Nov '16 Bandit 2
News Calif. teacher facing molestation charges (Aug '13) Nov '16 Stockton209 2
News McDonald's restaurants honor police with Blue l... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jazzy 1
News Manteca Gang Unit Makes Big Discovery (Oct '07) Nov '16 Your Service Prov... 43

Tracy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tracy Mortgages