Tubing near Townsend
My Word

Oakdale, TN

#1 Jun 27, 2010
Family is coming for a visit in late July. Will have the grandkids ages 4-6. We live in Crossville. What is your recommendation on the best place to go tubing? We would want a business that would pick us up and bring us back to the point of entry. Maybe something that also has some picnic areas. Suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.
8TDEUCE

Minford, OH

#2 Aug 23, 2010
River Rat in Townsend.
Vegan

United States

#3 Aug 29, 2010
River Rage, Way cheaper and the same river
Lori

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2010
What ever you do. DO NOT choose River Rage. Just came back from there this evening. We made the mistake and chose River Rage Saturday. The employees were EXTREMELY RUDE. The driver of the van whom takes you and THROWS you out the door at the river entrance should NOT be allowed on ANY road. He swerved in the parking LOT hoping the car backing up would hit him. GREEN TUBES, they PUNCTURE EASILY and this creates a LONG WALK back to RIVER RAGE parking area. Sunday we used River Rat, so glad to find the employees there were friendly, because we were beginning to think Townsend Tennessse was not a could place to go expecting proper treatment of customers spending their money to make for their paychecks. River Rat's YELLOW TUBES are made of much better material to withstand the bounces against the rocks along the ride. You better take a picnic for the resturant beside RIVER RAT has POOR quailty of food. Enjoy your ride we did our second day ! Check out River Rat FIRST and you will clearly understand what I am warning of making the bad choice if you use River Rage.
Chey

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Please DO NOT choose River Rage! Was there this weekend. One of my friends tube deflated,and the long walk back was not enjoyed by him. The tubes are cheap and puncture easily. We did not notice the numerous patches on tube due to our excitment for our first trip down the river, and our trust in reading the advertisments. The next day we made sure to inspect the tubes at River Rat seeing they were of a thicker tubing material before paying our money. So glad of the second day choice in River Rat, to not come home disappointed from expecting a fun filled weekend. The four dollars extra that you pay is WELL worth it to enjoy your trip all the way down the river versus carrying a green tube along the highway as GREEN vans pass you up not even to offer you a ride back to deliver a DEFLATED tube. Two thumbs up River Rat!!!
jack

Ringgold, GA

#6 Aug 31, 2010
Just spent the weekend tubing in Townsend..Saturday my friends and I decided to pay $9 to "enjoy the same river" and got burned! We used River Rage, first off there was no "Hi welcome to River Rage how can we help you?" It was more like "Sign this form" and then you hand them your nine bucks and after that they don't give a damn if you make down the river or not because they got your money and thats all they cared about. I deal with the public as well and if I treated my customers the way we were treated or hated my job as much as they did I'd take my unhappy ass home!! Thank god there are other places you can choose from to tube, we used River Rat the next day and I was really pleased with them they were helpful and had great personality. while there I noticed a green tube or two being cared along the side walk by patrons of a certain company and found out later that it was a commom occurance. You will have a great time on the river as long as your butt isn't setting in the bright green tube of River Rage.
debby hagar

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 26, 2011
have used River Rage two different years and always found them very friendly and helpful - and never had any trouble with the tubes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Townsend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas tax 5 hr Question 1
News West Knoxville apartments requires DNA testing ... 9 hr sickofit 2
stolen trailers Mon bob 3
The Illegals Sun Tookrjobs 3
News NuMarkets investigation: we want to hear from you (Feb '07) Sun X-Friend 68
new pain clinic in knoxville (Apr '11) Sat mtlady_bug88 156
Pangle Jun '15 uhuhu 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Townsend Mortgages