'Missing Persons' leader backs off Townsend case

Full story: Lowell Sun

The man who sought donations to pay for the investigation of a 32-year-old missing-persons case says he has bowed out because his background stirred a cloud of controversy.
Comments
1 - 20 of 61 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

This is exactly what scam artists do, they come into a community, get the local officials blessings as a legitimate operation and then scam the public. Sounds like the PD fell right into it.

Fortunately, because of the bloggers, the information was put out there to get this scam artist out of town before he victimized too many.

Nice job bloggers
Fraud

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

Well that one sounds like it got stopped in its tracks! Hopefulle no one lost any money on this other than Robert! The police need to keep a close eye on this guy, I'm sure he's lining up the next scam already. What will it be, fake invention company? Nope, been there done that. fake scouting company, nope, been there done that one also.
Incredible

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

What a whacko! Certainly he is a flim-flam artist.

Police Chief is not to bright either.
SCAM

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

He is a god dam con artist and got called out on it...now he may get away with this crap. His sons were scammed out of thousands because he stole their identities and took out credit in their names. THats why they are disgruntled. His wives were probably upset by all the underage rape he commits. He is a loser a con artist and hopefully gets a big federal penis in his bum when he goes to jail for ponzi schemes
hahahahaha

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

hahahahah...that last one was great! Amazing that it is so hard to get these scum bags put away? With all the people he has screwed and if he did commit credit fraud using his kids SS#'s how is he not in jail???
Whos helping him

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

Wonder if Robert is running this scam alone or if his partner Clarissa Rodriguez, Harvard MBA is involved in this scam with him also?
WebSite

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

Their web site has already been taken down....Gee....they were real dedicated to helping the parents of these victims
His days are numbered

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Rhinehart is a con man from way back; he owned IBB in Newton MA where he took peoples money promising them their inventions were being developed and marketed. He uses the same old story, his contacts with the pentagon, military, etc. He also operated a company called Get Scouted where he fraudently sold shares to to investors and employees and owes thousands of dollars to these people; he was close to being caught so he closed the doors. He bounced payroll checks on the employees, took money from them for insurance coverage he never had for them, issued fraudulent promissory notes etc. He has a lot of people from employees, lawyers, investors an vendors looking for him. He has a partner in crime, Clarissa Rodgiguez who is a Harvard Graduate. She seems to be the brains behind his ventures. I cant believe they are preying on these poor people looking for a loved one... they have stooped very low this time and this is going to catch up with them. He is very slick though, he has nothing in his name at all; very hard to find him.
Rob

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Thanks to all the people that put this thief out of town. That is the real story here. It is to bad he isnt locked up. I hope that he did not scam any money on the way out. Good Job and Happy Holidays Everyone.
More Information

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

He should have been in jail years ago. There has been an open investigation with the FBI but I dont understand why he hasnt been caught yet. He is a career criminal. I have seen people go away for less. Come on authorities what is it going to take.
Mama said

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Thank god the poor mother did not have the 5 grand. This clown needs a slap.
More Information

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Rob wrote:
Thanks to all the people that put this thief out of town. That is the real story here. It is to bad he isnt locked up. I hope that he did not scam any money on the way out. Good Job and Happy Holidays Everyone.
yes, good job... thanks to the Chief for recognizing this and getting right out there with it...
More Information

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

WebSite wrote:
Their web site has already been taken down....Gee....they were real dedicated to helping the parents of these victims
The only thing Bob Rinehart and Clarissa Rodriguez are dedicated to is making money off of unsuspecting people. I know these two from way back. There are several people looking for him as a result of his scams.
Dexter Morgan

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

"He uses the same old story, his contacts with the pentagon, military, etc."

MILITARY!?! the guy spent two weeks in the airforce and then went awol.. Hes also a child molester something alot of people do not know. I hate the man. I HATE HIM. If he dies i will sh*t on his grave. and not one of those dumps that is just a few logs...i will spend weeks eating at pf changs and taco bell in preperation for the giant poop that will come upon his grave. I know that is vial but o well vial men deserve vial things.
Attn Townsand police

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

lol you guys really believed this guy and are now trying to cover your tracks...do the world a favor in order to make things right arrest him for some minuscule crime then they can turn him over to the fbi where they will investigate his ponzi schemes. Getscouted.com Ideabuisness builders, pro data solution, Missing Persons, and a whole mess of stuff that he has done. All those companies were shams intended to Fraud. HEY BOB YOU WILL GET AWAY WITH NOTHING YOU LOSER. WE ARE ON TO YOU. WE WILL GET YOU IN JAIL. KARMA NEVER FAILS. YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES AGAINST OUR GREAT NATION
Dexter Morgan

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Reinhart's daughter invented a "thigh pack," similar to a gun holster, that can be used for carrying video games and other valuables, according to a 2002 CBS News story.

HE INVENTED THE THIGH PAK and then he tried to make his daughter look like a genius. THats a con and a horrible thing to do to your own child this guy needs to go
Beware

Marshfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

If only everyone knew just how serious this man's con artist past is - I guarantee he will be featured in a 20/20 special sometime in the near future. He knows every trick in the book and counts on his convincing and likable personality to scam people out of their life savings. If you know what many unfortunate people have learned about him, you will be aware that he fits the exact definition of a sociopath. I feel sorry for his kids since they are all AMAZING individuals and just innocent victims of his antics like most people he comes in contact with. It saddens me that he is publicly blaming his family for his own selfish and destructive behavior. He's done a good job hiding his name, but he's obviously getting desperate and sloppy. You can't hide forever Bob...
Dexter Morgan

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Judged:

"It saddens me that he is publicly blaming his family for his own selfish and destructive behavior. "

You think he cares about them? never has never will...he cares for no one but himself...The man has no shame..he is the worst of the worst...And his day on the gallows will come
Skeptical

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

I really hope that the police see all of this and work to put this guy behind bars. He has been at it too long. Thank you Lisa and Robert for writing this article. Keep up the good work. Hopefully this article will help get this guy.
Merry Christmas

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Judged:

Bob Merry Christmas You pathological lying, scam artist, dead beat dad (YOUR KIDS HAVE SO MUCH CHARACTER THAT OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT INHERITED FROM YOU YOU FAT LOSER), Fat loser banging a troll of a Harvard MBA graduate with frizzy hair! Here's to you hoping your car hits a slick of black ice going 80 MPH 10 feet from a tree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Townsend News Video

•••
•••

Townsend Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Townsend People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE