Haddad makes himself known

Full story: Lowell Sun

Joseph Loschiavo vividly remembered Mark Haddad answering questions from the audience at a town budget hearing in Stratford, Conn., early 2007, citing figures for various line items in the $171 million proposed ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 136 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2008
ROTFLMAO!

What a recommendation! Deputy Thief Loschiavo? You mean the guy who filed a disability claim against the Town of Stratford for grinding his teeth at night. It only cost us $75,000. The same Deputy Chief who hired his own sons to the PD, who's wife works in the HR department and who recently got caught doing 92 MPH on the Merritt in a Town car on his way home? That Loschiavo?

The Mark Haddad who oversaw two tax increases totaling 21% in Stratford?

Good luck Groton! You have no idea what you are in for!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2 Oct 22, 2008
Jezebel282 wrote:
... Good luck Groton! You have no idea what you are in for!
When Haddad was a mentioned as a finalist for the CAO position in a previous story, emails were posted warning Groton of what happened here and elsewhere.

I suspect it's only a matter of time before "Haddad makes himself known" again.
Sylvia Guberman

New Rochelle, NY

#3 Oct 22, 2008
I have a serious question for Mark Haddad: Why did he leave Stratford if you were not guilty as charged in the other communities of sexual offenses? One doesn't roll over and play dead if the charges are bogus nor does an inssurance company pay hush money unless it absolutely needs to. Mark Haddad has a problem and I just hope he has learned to contain himself because having such a reputation will follow him for the rest of his life. Just because you are the head of a firm doesn't give you the right to behave in a common manner. You must always be a gentleman. If he were that good and not guilty for sexual harrassment then Hadad would still be working in Stratford or the communities prior to Stratford--all these positions were long-term jobs and he blew threw them in no time.
Good luck Groton

Scituate, MA

#4 Oct 22, 2008
How come the financial "guru" doesn't mention 6 overrides in 7 years under his "hands on" style in Cohasset. Hands on your wallet. He rewrites budgets so he can understand them, but nobody else can. He claims that people in Cohasset are out to get him, but judging from the comments (all from CT) it sounds like he was a real big hit there as well. Does anybody from Jamestown want to weigh in? What a pathetic little guy.
Groton Resident

Marlborough, MA

#5 Oct 22, 2008
We have him now and we are happy. Shut up for good and if you were so happy he is gone why are you interested in posting on the blog. Sad that the cops cant get over him. He called you out because you were corrupt and now you are pissed. Mind your own business. We are happy and your not. Sorry you are so unhappy.
Groton Resident

Marlborough, MA

#6 Oct 22, 2008
Amazing.......for the record. He never had a problem until be called out those cops.

Worked in Littleton for 10 years and never had a problem.

Since: Jul 08

New Rochelle, NY

#7 Oct 23, 2008
Groton Resident wrote:
Amazing.......for the record. He never had a problem until be called out those cops.
Worked in Littleton for 10 years and never had a problem.
Ask the happy people in Cohasset how much they liked him too.

Make sure he gets some time off though to testify when he gets subpoena'ed back to Bridgeport. It should only take a few weeks. It's nice to know where he works now. The marshals appreciate that sort of thing.

And watch those budget transfers!
Newport Ned

East Weymouth, MA

#8 Oct 23, 2008
Get a life Cohasset and leave Mark alone. He's getting on with his life, you should try to do the same. The overrides were for a new Police/Fire station, new schools, and other projects that made the town better.
Very Unhappy in Groton

Hollis, NH

#9 Jun 29, 2009
Alot of us in Groton would also like to know why Mr. Haddad has fled from town to town in Rhode Island, Conneticut and Massachusetts after short stints as town manager. He is very educated in the art of monetary resignations and gag orders.
He has done it in Cohasset and now again in Groton and he has only been here 8 months!! People, just google Mark Haddad, Town Manager of Groton and see for yourself. We teach our kids that what you do in life means something....look at his history because that is all we have to go on.
walter

Hollis, NH

#10 Jul 28, 2010
Odd, I have been following that Mark Haddad story recently now I see it has been removed. Some of the comments were very interesting. Anyone know what happened?
Rip

Leicester, MA

#11 Jul 31, 2010
Swept under the carpet...adding another lump.

Since: Nov 11

Newburyport, MA

#13 Dec 2, 2011
Groton Resident wrote:
We have him now and we are happy. Shut up for good and if you were so happy he is gone why are you interested in posting on the blog. Sad that the cops cant get over him. He called you out because you were corrupt and now you are pissed. Mind your own business. We are happy and your not. Sorry you are so unhappy.
As a Groton resident I beg to differ. Mark Haddad and Josh Degen are Dictators and are running this town into the ground. I wonder if Josh Degen wrote the above comment because apparently they need to stick together because they are going to be brought to justice for what they have done to our town.
Torn

Groton, MA

#16 Dec 3, 2011
Dictator is one of the most polite words that I have found in these posts. Can't stand him....never have...when is his time up..?
WhenWillWeLearn

Pepperell, MA

#17 Dec 4, 2011
As a resident of Groton it is clear Mark Haddad is a dictator, manipulator, and all around bad influence in town. Do we not do reference checks on people?(Not the names he supplies, but others who know him) It seems like there would have been a number of negative references uncovered to give pause to his original hiring.
Torn

Groton, MA

#18 Dec 5, 2011
"Makes himself known" Again...?
Lowell Sun and The Groton Line...
"Used poor judgement"....?
Wonder how soon this will disappear..under the rug..
Thoreau

Groton, MA

#19 Dec 6, 2011
He's in a position of authority in the town and should not be conducting himself this way. This pattern seems to follow him to each job which he doesn't seem to keep for very long.(Google him and see). In his interview with Groton in 2008, he said, "I've learned from those issues what needs to be done in the future to avoid (them). Oh, really?
James Brook

Groton, MA

#20 Dec 6, 2011
I like to think that that the Groton BOS is made up of intelligent people but they are making it very difficult to do so. They are wearing blinders when it comes to ethical issues regarding employees, making excuses for their transgressions and rewarding them with pensions, etc. rather than disciplining or firing them. As "Torn" wrote, this will be another issue swept under the rug. Way to go, BOS, bury your heads in the sand!
Irate Resident

Groton, MA

#21 Dec 6, 2011
Equality between female & male town employees of Groton does not exist. Men receive preferential treatment. Whenever an infraction by a female occurs, her name is immediately publicized and she is dragged through a long, public circus. For example: a former policewoman and a former town hall employee who were both dismissed either by firing or a request to resign. Full investigations were conducted.

Regarding the men, the water dept. guy was allowed to retire with a pension and the "investigation" ended there, with the BOS and Town Manager not willing publicizing the guy's name. Have the "moonshiner" take a sweet hit for the Water Dept. Like the others didn't know it was there!(There may be more bad guys and slackers that we haven't been told about).

Now we'll see after today's "press conference" what transpires with Haddad. How will our esteemed BOS respond? Reprimands or maybe a slight slap on his wrist is what we expect. A resignation for the health and reputation of our community would be the choice of many residents but the BOS hasn't got the guts to firmly respond to his "inappropriate behavior" for as a man not just a town employee. We detest paying the salaries of despicable people.

Well, BOS, next spring, whoever is up for re-election, step down and go away. We have our wheels turning right now and, eventually, we will turn all of you out and right this sinking ship called Groton. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
James Brook

Groton, MA

#22 Dec 6, 2011
Just read the Sun's "breaking news" re: the press conference. No surprise with the outcome. Birds of a feather....

Have totally lost whatever respect I might have had for any members of the BOS. Time to clean house.

Is he holding something over their heads?

Myself and others don't want someone like that managing our town, thank you.

And we agree. We don't like having to pay his salary. Goes against our ethical beliefs.
Torn

Groton, MA

#23 Dec 6, 2011
James Brook wrote:
Just read the Sun's "breaking news" re: the press conference. No surprise with the outcome. Birds of a feather....
Have totally lost whatever respect I might have had for any members of the BOS. Time to clean house.
Is he holding something over their heads?
Myself and others don't want someone like that managing our town, thank you.
And we agree. We don't like having to pay his salary. Goes against our ethical beliefs.
I agree...it is sickening..I attended part of the press release..sounded somewhat like the "good ol' boys" using a defence like boys will be boys...words used were "allegations"...
Does anyone know if and when it will aired on the Groton channel..?

My thoughts...nothing will be done ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Townsend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 5 hr Civil Servant Sup... 39
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) 9 hr Karen 67
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand 11 hr Karen 3
Townsend police chief: Lock your doors (Oct '10) Thu Mike Scott 6
McKay hosting family barbecue Thu Karen 2
Fitchburg Market Basket workers elated to be back Thu Karen 1
Students, parents get their first look at Fitch... Aug 26 Karen 2
•••

Townsend News Video

•••