Anti-Unitil group to rally in Fitchburg - Sentinel & Enterprise

The group called Get Rid of Unitil is scheduled to stage a rally outside Unitil's office on John Fitch Highway Sunday at noon, on the second anniversary of the Dec. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dick Hardigan

Bolton, MA

#23 Dec 12, 2010
So we lost power for a couple of weeks. Big deal. I hooked my generator and powered my whole house. You whiners need to toughen up and quit your bitching!
Shaking My Head

Gardner, MA

#24 Dec 13, 2010
Dick Hardigan wrote:
So we lost power for a couple of weeks. Big deal. I hooked my generator and powered my whole house. You whiners need to toughen up and quit your bitching!
Nice that you had the money to purchase a generator. Some of us don't have that luxury.
need for Public utilty

Maynard, MA

#25 Dec 13, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
Rep Benson, Sen Flanagan, Former Sen Antonioni and FSU Pres Antonuuci are Unitil. Antonioni is on their Board of Directors and gets a healthy salary for it, Flanagan and Antonioni are on Unitils Lobbiest receipts and Benson is still manuvering for a check following the Eldridge handbook.
This is the problem with politics. They all are benefitting financially through the gouging of Unitil. We need true leaders!
The Insider

Marion, MA

#26 Dec 14, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that you had the money to purchase a generator. Some of us don't have that luxury.
You have a car don't you, you have money for food ? A generator is considered a necessity in New England.
paul

Fitchburg, MA

#27 Dec 14, 2010
Runkachenko wrote:
<quoted text>I have a few questions, if Unitil did sell the street lights to the City of Fitchburg who would maintain them? Does the city of Fitchburg have that ablity? Is the city going to hire an outside vendor to keep the lights in working order? How is the city which can not afford to have the lights lit going to be able to purchase them? I like J's idea of generosity for the street lights, while were at it maybe we can get Market Basket to donate all of our food requirements for the Christmas holiday.
how much to buy them ? then you need to purchase supplies to have on hand to repair them, then you have to pay Unitil for the power, then you have to pay Unitil an attachment fee, and finally pay someone to maintain them that won't be cheap!
janice morin

AOL

#28 Dec 16, 2010
unitil has taken advantage of us long enough. It's time we fight and get them out of here. Due to the economy a lot of us homeoners are out of work as it is. We can no longer support such high rates.
Independant

Ayer, MA

#29 Mar 24, 2012
People don't want tress trimmed around power lines and then whine when storms take limbs and lines down. You can't have it both ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Townsend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) 4 hr Kev Lynch 329
'Aging Minorities' photos on display in Fitchbu... 4 hr BillyBob 2
Where is Kevin Lynch? 5 hr kev lynch 13
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 5 hr kev lynch 134
Fitchburg State University names new president 23 hr Tammy 1
What ever happened to Rodgers Bros. pickled meat? (Feb '12) Dec 14 Tammy 23
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Dec 14 hello 3

Townsend News Video

Townsend Dating
Find my Match