How convenient. Christianity's NT verse that teaches its believers not to look elsewhere, lest the be accursed. Wow! In other words, if you question or doubt anything christianity teaches you, you are backslidden and damned! That is one way to keep people from seeking God's TRUTH.
Paul, now Consevative Christian, I, too, used to be a christian. But I was smart enough not to allow myself to be trapped with only the NT as a source. I believe in the God of Avraham Aveinu, just not your jesus. And I could care less what you think about it.
I, too, can post Scripture" Try this one out from the original Hebrew texts (Torah).
Exodus 20: 2-6
(1) God spoke all these statement, saying:
(2) I am HASHEM, your God, Who has taken you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery.
(3) You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presence.
(4) You shall not make yourself a carved image nor any likeness of that which is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the water beneath the earth.
(5) You shall not prostrate yourself to them or worship them, for I am HASHEM, your God---a jealous God, who visits the sin of the fathers upon children to the third and fourth generations, for My enemies;
(6) but Who shows kindness for thousands [of generations] to those who love Me and observe My commandments.
You recognize and worship a strange god you call jesus
You have pictures and images of jesus and angels hanging in your places of worship and homes.
Christianity did not show kindness for thousands of generatioins to those who love HIM and observe HIS commandements. Instead, christians had a mission to slaughter anyone they deemed as an unbeliever or witch.
So I don't believe your standing with God is a positive one, because you belong to a man-made religion that has a violent bloody record.
And God spoke all these words:
2. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3. You shall have no other gods before me.
4. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
5. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
6.but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
The OT is under the Law, the NT is under the period of Grace (after Jesus Christ died on the Cross for all our sins, even you)
I don't know where you come up with your weird ideas. I read in one of your other posts that you do not believe in prophecy? I think that is what you said without going back to look. If you would check your history, you will find there are many prophecies that have been fulfilled that humanly could not have happened......only by the grace of God. The Lord could come back at any moment. That is a prophecy that is going to happen! It is called the Rapture (catching away). I wanted to clarify that before you tell me the word rapture is not in the Bible. The meaning is the same.
You said that you used to be a Christian. I am sorry but I doubt that you ever really were. Either that or Satan has you by the tail and has messed up your mind. I am not a preacher, teacher or a bible scholar but I believe Jesus Christ is my Savior!