|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

Surly. Surly. Surly.
I won't bother you with my business next time, smiley!
Huh

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

Judged:

They got my car fixed quickly and charged me fairly and honestly for the repairs. If they were so surly- and losing business like yours- their parking lot wouldn't be nearly as crowded as it is during the day.
Honest and Reasonable

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

I came in for a safety inspection. They found a problem that was obvious even to me. They gave me an estimate, that was reasonable, and ultimately they came in under the estimate. My car drives much better than before. There was another issue with the suspension that the dealer wanted $2000 to fix, that they told me was slightly loose, but still within specifications. Quick, honest, reasonably priced, and not making up repairs; that's really what I am looking for in a mechanic. I'm telling all my friends to go to them.
From Richmond Heights

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

I've been a customer for years and wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars. Honest, fair, and quick. The best.
What a crooked place

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

Judged:

My friend went there and they estimated $2000+ to a single mom who does not know cars. She called and what they told her was criminal. She got it all repaired for $320 from a reputable shop nearby. I have heard this over and over with this place and how they take advantage of women and uninformed intellectuals who do not know cars. It was attempted robbery on a struggling single mom. How do they sleep at night.
TO - what a crooked place

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

You must be confused with another am clark in town. That kind of treatment does not go on at the A M CLARK in webster groves. I can promise you that .......
What a crooked place

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

I have it in writing. The AM Clark on Big Bend. Almost $2000 and my friend (A single mom of 2 youngsters) called me to ask my opinion on the repair estimate(thank god) I told her it sounded fishy and there was no way she could afford it anyway so I called a reputable shop and we got the car from AM clark and the guy was very condescending and arrogant at the counter and took it to the reputable shop.$316 for all repairs. AM clark scammed her years ago for a timing belt WAY before it was needed. That place is SHADY and they prey on these Webster intellectuals who do not know jack S*&t about cars. It is sad and unethical. Period.
websterGuy

Hot Springs National Park, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

What a crooked place wrote:
I have it in writing. The AM Clark on Big Bend. Almost $2000 and my friend (A single mom of 2 youngsters) called me to ask my opinion on the repair estimate(thank god) I told her it sounded fishy and there was no way she could afford it anyway so I called a reputable shop and we got the car from AM clark and the guy was very condescending and arrogant at the counter and took it to the reputable shop.$316 for all repairs. AM clark scammed her years ago for a timing belt WAY before it was needed. That place is SHADY and they prey on these Webster intellectuals who do not know jack S*&t about cars. It is sad and unethical. Period.
"Webster intellectuals"?? They do good work and I've always found them to be completely honest and fair. They don't always rate high on the tact scale, but they are fair and honest. Like a lot of things there can be two different opinions. Maybe they felt like more work needed to be done so your friend and her children would be safe.
Chuck Strat

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

There are probably what 5000 repair shops in the St. Louis area? you will be hard pressed to find a better bunch. Despite what some people say, my guess is it was not an apples to apples comparison. These guys are the best. Totally honest and with good technicians/diagnosticians to boot. They don't guess. They repair with only what is needed. Sadly, I moved to Kansas and cannot use them anymore, but these guys are indeed the real deal. Highly recomended.
nose bleeder

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

AM Clakrs and sons ahs been in Webster for close to a hundred years. it had a woncerful reputation but when the owner retired and left the business to a loud mouthed front office manager, the place became a scam business. Reliably very high priced and sometimes fixes it the first time...usually more than one attempt is needed. it is a shame because this use to be a wonderful place to do business
nose bleeder

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

the front office is rude and acts like they are doing you a favor by charging an arm and a leg for 20 minutes worth of work. They talk bad about everyone behind their back. Will overcharge if they can get away with it. Very rude and obnoxious. There are plenty of other car mechanics out there who would be glad to have your business.
These guys are great

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

These guys Rock!!!
Where in STL can you go and they tell you (when you brought it to them for 4 new brack pads that you only need 2 and save you $100. Thanks guys
Realtor Mom

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

I recommend AM Clark. I think that Mike is a fair man who runs a fair and honest business. I have taken my POS minivan time after time because I think there is something wrong, willing to spend money on a repair. After examining my van, Mike sometimes says - nothing is wrong. Why spend money when it doesn't need to be fixed? There are other shops around who say "Oh, you think you need new brakes...let's get you some new brakes...that will be $$$".

Take your vehicle to AM Clark, then take it somewhere else for a second opinion. You'll be back.
nose bleeder

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

AM Clarks and sons fools some of the people all of the time. You who recommend AM Clarks and sons fall into this category.
Billy Billerson

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

GET OFF MY CAGETOP
Billy Billerson

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

i wented to sevral different shops before and alls they kept telling me is my flex capasitor was bad. so, i wented to a m clark, and they finalie told me that it waasnt that part that was bad. Thay found the probrbrim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tower Grove Discussions

Search the Tower Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 57 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,848
Who is the top attorney (Oct '08) Tue Manix 15
Hanley Hills residents concerned about dozens o... Jul 27 Julia Bowen 1
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 25 vote to vote 10,207
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Jul 23 CLUE 6,909
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Canopy 267
Review: Bar Code Sit & SIP Jul 14 Edger 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tower Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tower Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE