Southwick Veterinary Hospital

Southwick Veterinary Hospital

Posted in the Tower Grove Forum

Was a long time client

Columbia, IL

#1 Apr 19, 2012
After years of going to this doctor and having a few small problems I finally had to make the right choice for my pet. For the last 2 yrs everytime I'd call to get my pets Frontline and Heartguard refilled I've been being told " oh I'm sorry where out of the prevention at this time but we will call you when we get it in." First was ok, second time well not to bad, but after that it was every single time. So I did a little research and called many other vet clinics and to my surprise was never told by one clinic they where out of something I was always told was very necessary for my pets needs. However the same vet telling me this could never supply me with it. So then I take my pet in for her yearly vaccination and when I get ready to check out I'm then told " oh where so sorry we are out of our rabies tags, so we will mail it to u after we receive them! What the hell is going on with this clinic?? I just shook my head and went with it. But then again wk after wk went by and it was five wks from the time my dog was given her vaccine before I ever received her tags! Also on that same very day I agreed to have her yearly bloodwork done and was told by the technician the results would be in the following day. I waited and heard nothing. I called on day three and was told I couldn't speak with the Dr because she was in a meeting but was assured she call me back. The day came and went. I called again the following day and was told this time she was in surgery but again assured she'd call me back in the afternoon. Never heard a word. Called again the following day and expressed my unhappiness and finally was told my pets bloodwork was all normal, but not by the doctor. This isn't the clinic it was years ago, and I'm sorry to say that but I have to do what's right and best for my pet. And its not at Southwick! I'm do wonder whether or not they told me her work up was ok because it really was or was it out of convience?! I will say I'm very happy with my new veterinary and now wished I would of switched long before now!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 19, 2012
I have used the same vet for over 20 years. Dr. Lux at Mackenzie Point Animal Hospital by Dierbergs on Watson.
Was a long time client

Columbia, IL

#3 Apr 19, 2012
I've heard that name before. And yes I've always heard nice things about the clinic. It means a lot to have confidence in your veterinary. These are our children that we are trusting them with. :)
Was a long time client

Columbia, IL

#4 Apr 19, 2012
Veterinarian *
Kathy

Columbia, IL

#6 Apr 22, 2012
Have visited this clinic once about four months ago, wouldn't ever go back! Didn't care for the woman doctor or the almost hour wait it took to get me in. Payed for an exam and the hardly even touched my dog. No recommendations from me.
terrible care

Columbia, IL

#7 Apr 27, 2012
Stay away from this clinic! She ur pet isn't in her best interest, but ur pocket book is!!!!! Client beware and very cautious!!!!!!
Dog momf

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2012
Vogel Vet is wonderful!
terrible care

Waterloo, IL

#9 Apr 28, 2012
Thank u Dog momf! Will check into them :)
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Mar 20, 2014
Been seeing Dr. Bock since 1982. I have had three dogs in that time frame. I would highly recommend her and her staff to care for your pets. She always calls back and follows thru with test results and helpful information. Sometimes there is some waiting at the office, but usually there is a very sick patient or injury that needs immediate attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tower Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vote dilution was used to keep blacks off of Fe... Fri go f youself 13
News Obamas holidaying at Martha's Vineyard Aug 25 Captain Yesterday 17
trump will force blacks to vote for him Aug 25 Zeech 1
News Dred Scott, slave catchers and slave patrols Aug 24 Doomsayer 2
News Lawsuit accuses municipalities of targeting the... Aug 22 VeeBee 6
News A Documentary on Hope, Love, and Beauty in Ferg... Aug 21 UnkelRuckus 1
News Car hits protester in Ferguson, shots ring out Aug 20 BillyG 6

Tower Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance