Report: Principal may have created fa...

Report: Principal may have created fake classes

There are 25 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Report: Principal may have created fake classes. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Electronic messages show Torrington officials believed the high school's principal created fake classes last year to help another employee gain retirement credits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maria

Orange, CT

#21 Oct 7, 2008
Mmmm wrote:
<quoted text>If you think they have it made, then become a teacher!! Don't judge until you've walked in their shoes... I know plenty of teachers. You have no idea the type of kids some of them have to put up with in class. They can't discipline, the parents (if they have any) donít support them and they have to deal with the rules of the administration that only cares about whether or not their school makes the grade not if those kids learn anything. It's the teacher who cares about those kids. If you ask me I don't think they make enough. Many buy their own supplies because the schools don't have the money to supply them. I can go on and on...
I can speak for Teachers in Bpt and stongly agree with you.
Tom-Naugatuck

Ashford, CT

#22 Oct 7, 2008
Maria--They use the same test year after year after year after year. They don't have to take work home. Get a life.
Maria

Orange, CT

#23 Oct 7, 2008
Tom-Naugatuck wrote:
Maria--They use the same test year after year after year after year. They don't have to take work home. Get a life.
Ok, so you mean you have been taking the same test since what year??? lol
UhHuhAgain

New Bedford, MA

#24 Oct 7, 2008
I am sure that some of the children teachers must teach are horrid little monsters, with parents that don't care, or who think that the little precious darlings can do no wrong. I agree, that yes, they may not always get the support and back up they need from administrators. Most of us went to school when we were children, many of us have kids of our own. We know what goes on in schools. So I feel for the teachers. Truly, I do. However, whether teachers like it or not, they don't have a monopoly on having to sometimes work with or for horrid obnoxious people. THAT exists in every job. They also haven't cornered the market on difficult higher ups not making life any easier. THAT, too, exists in every job. I truly admire teachers for their hard work. It's just that I also admire the hard work of people in other jobs.
One For the Girls

Lone Jack, MO

#25 Oct 21, 2008
UhHuh wrote:
Teachers are better paid than they once were. Try looking up their salaries sometime. Not too shabby, plus they get all those holidays, Summer, and school vacations, it adds up to over 3 months a year. Wish I got 3 months off. Awww, you have to get your continuing education teachers? Well, so do I, so do many other people in other professions. No one pays me for my time or my classes to do that, same as teachers. Too bad, you have to take work home. I've had to take work home in every job I've had in my adult life, so has just about everyone I know, no matter the job, so join the club teachers. Teachers, you stay after hours to do extra work. do you? So do lots of us who work. Besides, why is it that when I drive by a school 30 minutes after it lets out the parking lots are almost empty? In any case I think I got a better education when teachers were less well paid back in the 1970's. Also I think my parents got better educations in the 1940's when they were in school. Money won't fix everything.
The teachers here have to file for unemployment during summer break, if they want to keep a salaried position they have teach so many hours of summer school. Teachers are paid different throughout the country. Also they can be moved throughout the county to any school, so one year you might be in town and the next year you might be teaching 30 miles away.... winters in WY can get a little hairy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wyoming Celebrates Tourism Week (May '13) May '16 Y Yeshet Gobena 3
News 'Revenant' author is a mystery man (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News "Project Prom" Helps Out High Schoolers (Mar '13) Sep '15 Sadan Humphlah 3
News Hardy Wins Wyoming Democratic Primary Election ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Carlos Ramirez 1
child needs help (Jul '14) Jul '14 Kim 2
Fathers Prayer (Jun '14) Jun '14 A father 1
Hope (Jun '14) Jun '14 Ern 2

Torrington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrington Mortgages