Brookfield man sues over 'demon' book

Brookfield man sues over 'demon' book

There are 46 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Oct 10, 2007, titled Brookfield man sues over 'demon' book. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

In September 1981, reporters from across the country rushed to cover the case of a man who claimed the devil made him stab his landlord to death outside a dog grooming kennel on Federal Road in Brookfield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bobby green

Irmo, SC

#1 Oct 10, 2007
5 years for taking a life ,doesn't seem like the Bono family got any justice .And the Warrens were well known in that field long before that case .
bobby green

Irmo, SC

#3 Oct 10, 2007
pretty original,

Do you still date female impersonators ?
G Smiley

Yorktown Heights, NY

#5 Oct 10, 2007
Strangely, there was a lot of evidence that showed the child was possessed - video and high levels of the Church agreeing that something was going on...People forget that 6 exorcisms were performed in Brookfield...scary stuff...
Barr409

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 10, 2007
Good story, will be looking for it to come out
tbp

Miami, FL

#7 Oct 10, 2007
I lived in Ct. back when the incident happened. We lived near the Glazels and use to hear all kinds of wierd noise during the night. The little pony would run wild screaming thru the near by field. Some thing was finitely going on in that house!!! tbp in fl
Sannew

Ridgefield, CT

#8 Oct 10, 2007
CT justice is a joke. Only 5 years for killing someone. THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE but I don't know where to start to effect it.

Just like how those racers who killed the AZ woman near exit two a few years ago on 84 got less than 3 years. So tragic and so preventable.

There needs to be consequences!
Fresh memories

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2007
Nice to see he's moving on from assaulting women with his fists to 'assaulting' them in the courtroom. Get some help, dude. Seriously.
greedy

Colchester, CT

#10 Oct 10, 2007
Greedy little person coming after a get-rich-quick nuisnace lawsuit. His brother in law murdered someone, got off easy, and now he wants to get paid as a result? too bad. Hope the Warrens countersue.
Capitol_Punishme nt

Boston, MA

#11 Oct 10, 2007
What's with all of the spelling errors in this story?

“"Spead um"”

Since: Oct 07

Danbury

#12 Oct 10, 2007
Maybe the devil made him file the lawsuit.
yikes67

Brunswick, ME

#13 Oct 10, 2007
How someone could marry a murderer ill never understand. possessed or not he murdered an innocent man. She is just as insane as her husband.
BannedandLovinit fan--NOT

New Milford, CT

#14 Oct 10, 2007
This guy is an idiot. Anyone who knows him, knows its all about the money. He will screw anybody if it gets him a buck!
watcher419

New Milford, CT

#15 Oct 10, 2007
NT, you might have mentioned that Deborah Glatzel's son, Jason, died in Arkansas this week. The cause of death has not been released (at least not in the NT). Jason once told me the whole posession story was bulls**t.
lilee

Marion, CT

#16 Oct 11, 2007
Seems like THIS guy wants his 15 minutes, now. pathetic.
Paula

Waterbury, CT

#17 Oct 11, 2007
The power of money compells you!
TRUTHSAYER

Essex, CT

#18 Oct 11, 2007
For those who choose to sling mud behind screen names, I should say I know Carl Glatzel and his family. I think the reason for the lawsuit is not about the book 27 years ago, although that should have been grounds enough, but the fact it was republished and they were making a movie about it. From what I understand, Debra and Arnie Johnson, Lorraine Warren, and Gerald Brittle got together to release the book and sell the story to Hollywood (yes folks, greed and money). Everyone that knows the Glatzels knows the truth behind this and the lie they are hiding behind. For those who are quick to judge, I donít think it is about 15 minutes of fame, but restituting 27 years of infamy. There is a huge difference. I also understand Mr. Johnson hides behind and knife the way the Warrens hide behind the church. Arnie killed a man and has threatened numerous others. He is not the saint they pretend him to be and I hope Carl and David show everyone the truth.

It is sad that the family suffered another loss. Jason was a decent and talented young man. Judy Glatzel told me that she raised Jason since he was 24 hours old because Debbie (Glatzel) and Arne Johnson (his supposed parents) were never around. The whole family knows this. Jason was not welcome in their home and Mr. and Mrs. Glatzel raised him along with their own children. Debbie turned the wake into a circus, threatening to close it down if Carl entered to pay his respects to Jason. Carl, by the way, picked up Jason several months ago when he was in Tennessee, gave him a place to stay, food to eat, and money to help get by. The only Glatzels that did not have their door open to Jason was his mother and stepfather. It was rude and shameful to not allow Carl in to pay his respects to his own nephew, regardless of their difference, especially after the fact that everyone that knew Jason knew that Arnie and Debbie did not want him around.

For all those that know the Glatzels, you know what I mean. If you want to sling mud at Carl I suggest you email him. Just google and I am sure you can find it. He will answer your question. He has nothing to hide like everybody else. And for all the phony people here trying to trash Carl with lies, go on believing whatever you like. The courts will decide the rest and the truth will be known. Carl and DavidÖ..GOOD LUCK and itís ABOUT TIME!!!
RhineCountryJP

Portsmouth, NH

#19 Oct 11, 2007
Jason Lee was someone i got to know over the last two years. he loved his music and his guitars and his trucks. he was a good guy with a dream that he was living it out. I talked to him just a few wekks ago and we were going to jam next time he came up. I had the goodfortune to play with jason sevral times in nashville. what i am reading here does not make any sense and i still cant believe jason is gone. i dont know any of you but jason lee talked about home. he talked about his grandparents and two uncles in construction and 1 in morgages. he said that he used to help them by driving a dumptrucks for his uncles. jason said he came into this world with nothing.... but he left it leaving much behind. we will all miss you Jason Lee. god bless -JP

“Danbury's King Pin ”

Since: Oct 07

Mob Run Danbury

#20 Oct 11, 2007
"fuhgettabout it!"

this guy is looney tones !

poke him in the eye, he'll straighten out
Dani

Yorktown Heights, NY

#21 Oct 12, 2007
This ocming from a man who used to drive around with a plate on the front of his truck that said :the devil made me do it"...Nice Carl!
slb1974

Westborough, MA

#22 Oct 12, 2007
Nice to see a post from some one who actually knows what they are talking about. Thank you TRUTHSAYER for speaking the truth as it really is.
TRUTHSAYER wrote:
For those who choose to sling mud behind screen names, I should say I know Carl Glatzel and his family. I think the reason for the lawsuit is not about the book 27 years ago, although that should have been grounds enough, but the fact it was republished and they were making a movie about it. From what I understand, Debra and Arnie Johnson, Lorraine Warren, and Gerald Brittle got together to release the book and sell the story to Hollywood (yes folks, greed and money). Everyone that knows the Glatzels knows the truth behind this and the lie they are hiding behind. For those who are quick to judge, I donít think it is about 15 minutes of fame, but restituting 27 years of infamy. There is a huge difference. I also understand Mr. Johnson hides behind and knife the way the Warrens hide behind the church. Arnie killed a man and has threatened numerous others. He is not the saint they pretend him to be and I hope Carl and David show everyone the truth.
It is sad that the family suffered another loss. Jason was a decent and talented young man. Judy Glatzel told me that she raised Jason since he was 24 hours old because Debbie (Glatzel) and Arne Johnson (his supposed parents) were never around. The whole family knows this. Jason was not welcome in their home and Mr. and Mrs. Glatzel raised him along with their own children. Debbie turned the wake into a circus, threatening to close it down if Carl entered to pay his respects to Jason. Carl, by the way, picked up Jason several months ago when he was in Tennessee, gave him a place to stay, food to eat, and money to help get by. The only Glatzels that did not have their door open to Jason was his mother and stepfather. It was rude and shameful to not allow Carl in to pay his respects to his own nephew, regardless of their difference, especially after the fact that everyone that knew Jason knew that Arnie and Debbie did not want him around.
For all those that know the Glatzels, you know what I mean. If you want to sling mud at Carl I suggest you email him. Just google and I am sure you can find it. He will answer your question. He has nothing to hide like everybody else. And for all the phony people here trying to trash Carl with lies, go on believing whatever you like. The courts will decide the rest and the truth will be known. Carl and DavidÖ..GOOD LUCK and itís ABOUT TIME!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church Feb 28 WOW 2
News Support for $15 wage, family/medical leave Feb '17 Samuels Furnace Man 2
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Feb '17 The News Reporter 13
take a look Feb '17 The News Reporter 2
News Chickens reported inside shed that caught fire ... Jan '17 Monkee 1
News Harriet Beecher Stowe Jan '17 dave 1
Home rentals 6-700. range Nov '16 samsdamantha 1

Torrington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrington Mortgages