Holidays turn to survival as jobless ...

Holidays turn to survival as jobless benefits end

There are 28 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Dec 1, 2010, titled Holidays turn to survival as jobless benefits end. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

This Nov. 30, 2010 photo shows Silvia Lewis, right, and her daughter, Giada, 10, in their Nashville, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cal Native

Redondo Beach, CA

#22 Dec 1, 2010
We need to stop welfare to lazzy Americans and illegals. I say that anyone who is collecting state and government hand outs should be cleaning the streets, parks, and freeways. Also use these benefiters for jury duty, don't force the working people to lose a days pay for something these peopel can do.
Cal Native

Redondo Beach, CA

#23 Dec 1, 2010
SuzieSays wrote:
How come these people who had "good" jobs had no savings?
At mid 40s you would think people have some kind of nest egg. If they did not run out now they would have at retirement in their 60s.
Too much consumption is the problem.
My investments (401K) flew out the door thanks to people like Madoff. I'm starting from scratch
Cal Native

Redondo Beach, CA

#24 Dec 1, 2010
John Ansell wrote:
This is not the Republicans fault. The DemocRATS still have the numbers if they wanted to extend the handouts. I can see Odumbo now:****!**** Merry Holidays.
Did you see his families beautiful Chritmas tree and decorations in his white house living room? it was so Americana
Alvin

Redondo Beach, CA

#25 Dec 1, 2010
John Ansell wrote:
This is not the Republicans fault. The DemocRATS still have the numbers if they wanted to extend the handouts. I can see Odumbo now:****!**** Merry Holidays.
Only morons like you see this as a political problem.

Since: Dec 09

Redondo Beach, CA

#26 Dec 1, 2010
You might think that Obama's number one, two, and three priority would have been jobs, jobs, and jobs.

But no -- our doofus President spent his first 2 years cramming ObamaCare down our throats. That and playing golf or seeing the sights in India.

Oh well, just two more years of the "Great Recession" and then we can elect somebody else who remembers that phrase "its the economy, stupid".
different view

Houston, TX

#27 Dec 2, 2010
South Bay Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't rely on unenjoyment you loser, there are no jobs in Cali. Been looking everyday. Got that Houston???
Oh, I get it! You have no job, you can't find a job when there are jobs to be had, and I'm the loser?
Wal-Mart

Redondo Beach, CA

#31 Dec 2, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I would but I have to go get ready for WORK!!! Torrance will open a new walmart, can you greet me with a cart?
Jobs will soon be available at Walmart in Torrance. We need under cover security people to watch out for very oversized black women who shoplift,they hide boots under boobs and overlabping fat in stomach, ass and arm pits.
South Bay Local

Torrance, CA

#32 Dec 2, 2010
At Wow....I'll greet you with a greasy middle finger you ignoramous...c'mon down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Dudley 20,710
News Incarceration nation: What it's really like whe... Dec 4 concerned res 1
News The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Dec 3 T Rump 4
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Dec 2 Madeline 58
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Dec 1 BGnLA1 18
News Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Dec 1 djmillar1 56
News What Do a Woman's Breast Implants Have to Do Wi... Nov 30 concerned res 1

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages