2 boys die in possible murder-suicide

2 boys die in possible murder-suicide

There are 13 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 29, 2010, titled 2 boys die in possible murder-suicide. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Two Southern California brothers - a 12-year-old who loved skateboarding and a 10-year-old about to start fifth grade - were shot to death with their father's handgun in what could be a double suicide or a murder-suicide, authorities said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Jim

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2010
As the advocates of "Open Carry" get their way educating us all, expect more of the same.

Guns and kids aren't a good combination.

Since: Apr 10

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2010
Guns & kids can never mix if the guns are kept locked-up as prescribed by LAW!!! Two parents are now minus two children. Any after thoughts now mom and dad???

There is plenty of STUPID left,,,,so who will be next to step-up to the plate and gourge on their share???
LKF

Paramount, CA

#3 Jul 29, 2010
I have yet to see where a gun has ever committed a violent act. Very sad for the family but you anti-gun people need to step away from your hatred and look at the realities. Humans will always gain access to a tool and use it to accomplish the deed at hand. Human Nature.
GRANNYJ17

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 29, 2010
I THINK THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME KIND OF ABUSE GOING ON. THEY WOULD NOT COMMIT SUICIDE FOR NO REASON. POLICE SHOULD FOCUS ON THE MALE RELATIVES OR OLDER NEIGHBORHOOD BULLIES.
Mmmmmm

Torrance, CA

#5 Jul 29, 2010
LKF wrote:
I have yet to see where a gun has ever committed a violent act. Very sad for the family but you anti-gun people need to step away from your hatred and look at the realities. Humans will always gain access to a tool and use it to accomplish the deed at hand. Human Nature.
Interesting. We can feel the love emitting from your post. But you don't see too many stories about kids dying from kitchen knives. So much quicker when a gun is easily available.
Noname

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 29, 2010
I can only imagine what was going on in that home. And if the parents knew they could have prevented it. Such a sad story.
Chino Hills Neighbor

Sylmar, CA

#7 Jul 29, 2010
The Chino Hills Community is saddened by the loss of two brothers, Brian and Christian Gonzalez. For those that new the boys, you would know that both boys were kind, respectful and thoughtful. This is a tragedy and the boys will be missed.
A donation fund has been established to assist family with funeral expenses. If you would like to contribute, you can donate at any Wells Fargo Bank - Donation Fund for Brian and Christian Gonzales. God Bless.
~Friends of Family
Gathering

Ontario, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2010
Community gathering and Candlelight vigil tonight at Butterfield Ranch Elementary.
LKF

Paramount, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Mmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. We can feel the love emitting from your post. But you don't see too many stories about kids dying from kitchen knives. So much quicker when a gun is easily available.
I recognize that a gun is a tool of convenience, but I have seen people accomplish their demise by many other means. My point is that one can not be more dead by using one method over another. Should we monitor the sale of rope?
The Grunter

Redondo Beach, CA

#11 Jul 29, 2010
Many scenarios could have happened. The obvious to me is playing with the gun. One get's shot accidentally and dies. The other shoots himself out of guilt.
gray

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2010
I have yet to see where a gun has ever committed a violent act. Very sad for the family but you anti-gun people need to step away from your hatred and look at the realities. Humans will always gain access to a tool and use it to accomplish the deed at hand. Human Nature. if anyone says anything like i would not have happened if they only had a nife well a gun seems less pain and time they dont know maybe somthing happened that lead to this
caitlin ehrhart

San Diego, CA

#13 Aug 3, 2010
oh my god that was my friend !!!!!
caitlin ehrhart

San Diego, CA

#14 Aug 3, 2010
Chino Hills Neighbor wrote:
The Chino Hills Community is saddened by the loss of two brothers, Brian and Christian Gonzalez. For those that new the boys, you would know that both boys were kind, respectful and thoughtful. This is a tragedy and the boys will be missed.
A donation fund has been established to assist family with funeral expenses. If you would like to contribute, you can donate at any Wells Fargo Bank - Donation Fund for Brian and Christian Gonzales. God Bless.
~Friends of Family
yes i knew brian i was his former classmate in 5th grade i wish the family feels better after this tragedy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Mike torres 20,504
News Honorable mention Naughty Maggie 8 hr Nicholas Gustavson 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Thu blessed528 43
Best Furniture Store in Torrance Aug 22 musttoast 1
Kroenke and Rams Suck Aug 22 OJ s 1
Tiny dog on Anaheim st - Sunday night Aug 22 k8baldwin 1
News Selena Gomez drastically changes her look for tour Aug 15 Carol the Pope - ... 6

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages