Pedestrian killed when car jumps curb...

Pedestrian killed when car jumps curb in RPV crash

There are 153 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Dec 20, 2009, titled Pedestrian killed when car jumps curb in RPV crash. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

An 18-year-old motorist allegedly speeding on a steep Rancho Palos Verdes road lost control of his car Sunday and veered onto the sidewalk, killing a man on his morning walk, deputies said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Bon Scott

San Pedro, CA

#101 Dec 24, 2009
In case you have forgotten the other two death of young men this year in RPV, here are links to the stories on the Breeze site. PS If posters cannot find the name of this young man, it is easy to find if you are able to do any sort of internet search. But since some posters have made racial comments, I will not do your work for you.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_13529308...
A 21-year-old man was killed when his speeding car struck the center divider of a Rancho Palos Verdes roadway and rolled over several times, authorities said Friday.

Michael Richard Sayegh of Palos Verdes Estates died about 9:50 p.m. Thursday after he lost control of his 1995 Ford Mustang while driving on Palos Verdes Drive West near Berry Hill Drive, a Sheriff's Department spokesman said.

THIS ARTICLE IS GONE! Rancho Palos Verdes college mourns student (48%)
05/24/2009 - Students and staff at Rancho Palos Verdes' Marymount College attended a Mass on Sunday to remember a 19-year-old student who died the day before in a car accident on a treacherous stretch of road
F F C

San Pedro, CA

#102 Dec 24, 2009
Mark wrote:
Does anyone know if or why he was not tested for driving under the influence. What does the Shefiff's department have to say for themselves?
I wonder if the Lee Family paid off the LASD to ignore or destroy incriminating evidence that could send their little lowlife to prison. They did such a poor job raising Jake that I would not be surprised.
Dave

San Pedro, CA

#103 Dec 24, 2009
F F C wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the Lee Family paid off the LASD to ignore or destroy incriminating evidence that could send their little lowlife to prison. They did such a poor job raising Jake that I would not be surprised.
I would also like hear some better explaination from Lomita Sheriff. If we are paying for there service. They should be accountable to us.
RPV Mom

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#105 Dec 24, 2009
I know Jake Lee and I know the parents and this is a result of bad parenting. He had multiple car accidents... 5, I heard... and 2 felony charges already. So, you can judge yourself. By the way, Lomita sheriffs are useless. Why didn't they test him for alcohol? He drank that night and everyone who knows him knows that. He had the nerve to call his friends from the accident scene minutes after it happened. My heart goes out to the victim and his family.
Ernie from PV

San Pedro, CA

#106 Dec 24, 2009
I hope that every time the Lee Family drives down Hawthorne Blvd. they are reminded what their lowlife son did. However, judging from the way they raised Jake, they probably do not care.
Viking

AOL

#107 Dec 25, 2009
Ernie, These type of people are probably more pissed off at the victim for being where he was at that time than they are at their spoiled rotten child. I don't like to second guess the cops and will not. Maybe the article doesn't tell the whole story but I will be very disapointed if the poster is correct in saying this monster was drinking before this happened and was not screened.
anonymous

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#108 Dec 25, 2009
"He wasn't drunk when he was driving that morning...he is a safe driver but then he gets these urges to speed...we almost got in a wreck three times before this accident happened"

Slow down everyone!!!
PV RESIDENT

Hawthorne, CA

#109 Dec 26, 2009
anonymous wrote:
"He wasn't drunk when he was driving that morning...he is a safe driver but then he gets these urges to speed...we almost got in a wreck three times before this accident happened"
Slow down everyone!!!
Maybe he was not drunk at that very moment. He was running in between 3-4 parties on Saturday night, must be tired to dead while he was driving. Believe me HE DRINKS.It happened when he was in my house and I had to order him to leave and give him a warning not to show at my doorstep.
PenHi Alum

San Pedro, CA

#110 Dec 26, 2009
Jake Lee was always a lowlife loser. I was not surprised when I heard about this. I hope he and his family pay for this big time.
RPV Resident

San Pedro, CA

#111 Dec 27, 2009
It seems everyone from PV that knew Jake Lee has nothing but negative things to say about him. Yet, I don't see any of his friends that he use to party with coming to his defense. Maybe he did not have any friends. Even those he hung out with think he is a loser.
Conrad

Los Angeles, CA

#112 Dec 29, 2009
Keep this kid off the streets!
Willy

Mountain Top, PA

#113 Dec 29, 2009
how about some follow up information from the Daily Breeze
Huh

Canyon Country, CA

#114 Dec 29, 2009
Willy wrote:
how about some follow up information from the Daily Breeze
Sorry, they are too busy not following up on other stories.
torrrance

Norwalk, CA

#115 Dec 31, 2009
PV RESIDENT wrote:
I think police should invetigate where he was the night before. He was probably out for PARTIES all night and fall sleep while he was driving. I know this peron. He is not a good teen. He does a lot of improper things for the age. I have stop him coming to my house.
Learn to spell before you comment.
from another Torrance

Torrance, CA

#116 Dec 31, 2009
torrance -
Chill out. Who cares if he/she can spell? Obviously you didn't care for their comment. You didn't say anything when Lee's friend made his illiterate comments about what a great guy he really is. Besides, he is a PV scholar, and it only counts on the tests - and they are always prepared for those.
PV Kid

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#117 Dec 31, 2009
He is NOT anything close to a scholar
PV Kid

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#119 Jan 1, 2010
I don't think it's right to generalize PV, I hear it all the time.
Yes, a lot of people are complete douches *cough* Jake Lee *cough*, but not EVERYONE.
And no, Rancho is not like San Pedro.
torranceeee

Norwalk, CA

#120 Jan 5, 2010
jake lee is an immature lowlife peice of afterbirth. he really is going nowhere in life. never was before this happened and definently not after this happened. he was, and probably still is the biggest drinker i know. he was at my friends house one time, taking shots and drinking mixed drinks like it was water. he was throwin back baccardi, absolut, and captain morgan like it was nothing. he drank til he couldnt walk straight, and until he was violently puking. thank god he didnt drive that night, because im sure he wouldve gotten in that car, and wouldve killed someone. i hate to say it, but it was only a matter of when something like this happened with jake lee. i only hung out with him twice, but twice was all it took to realize what a loser he was. i hope he gets a reminder of what he has done to this poor family, every single day of his life. not to mention, he was practically bragging about what he had done the next day on facebook. may peace be with the victim's family.
doodfromrpv

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#121 Jan 7, 2010
just goes to show, lil spoiled pv estates kids getting too fast of cars for them when they dont know how to drive them and thinking they are tough shit. I've seen kids at my school (PV High) rolling in Audi's and BMW's and such and then looking at the cars and seeing scrapes all down the sides and shit like that while i drive my hand me down corolla and not a scratch on it. Its just like learn to drive then by a nice car, this kid should be charged for vehicular manslaughter for what he did to that poor guy and his family and there isnt any excuse for what he did it. If he had 5 accidents and 2 feleonies as stated above, then this is TERRIBLE PARENTING.
RB RN

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#122 Jan 8, 2010
Anger and suffering makes people feel helpless. Many condolences go to to the family of the deceased for they will never see their loved one again. Let the word of the law take over. There is plenty of suffering for this boy and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torrance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Carson official, 2 others charged (Jan '09) 1 hr Fahey Riot 52
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr New york 20,976
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) 9 hr INGLEWOOD LANES B... 38
News Gardena police seek leads in 2002 slaying (Dec '09) 10 hr Torrance friend 5
City of Inglewood Apr 24 INGLEWOOD CALIFORNIA 2
Review: McDonald's Apr 24 MCDONALDS INGLEWOOD 3
Review: Chervon Gas Station Apr 24 CHERVON INGLEWOOD 3

Torrance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Torrance Mortgages